TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

Each and every petition must go through a IBIS name check, before approval. I think you are talking about FBI check, which comes in I-485 processing, as you mentioned.

naanshi.

hi guys,
My I140 was approved today. I want to know when will i get my finger prints and what is the best thred to follow for 485 tracking.

hi guys,
My I140 was approved today. I want to know when will i get my finger prints and what is the best thred to follow for 485 tracking.

USCIS Plan for I-140 Processing Delays and Backlog Reduction

01/14/2004: USCIS Plan for I-140 Processing Delays and Backlog Reduction
· As the readers know, the I-140 processing is currently heavily delayed in all the Service Centers. According to the USCIS sources, USCIS plans to move the resources within the Service Centers that are tied up with the H-1B cap cases to the I-140 production unit as soon as the H-1B cap reaches. There is no information available about exactly when the cap is expected to reach, but it is everyone's guess at this time that it may not be too long away. Please stay tuned.

EADs approved as per online status

I am not sure if I am in the correct forum but wanted to update about our EADs:

As per online status:

On January 14, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

I had posted earlier that I had got two receipts with both having my wife's names on it but different LINs(same A#). Let's hope INS got the names correct and it was just a mistake issuing the receipts.

Re: USCIS Plan for I-140 Processing Delays and Backlog Reduction

Originally posted by ginnu
01/14/2004: USCIS Plan for I-140 Processing Delays and Backlog Reduction
· As the readers know, the I-140 processing is currently heavily delayed in all the Service Centers. According to the USCIS sources, USCIS plans to move the resources within the Service Centers that are tied up with the H-1B cap cases to the I-140 production unit as soon as the H-1B cap reaches. There is no information available about exactly when the cap is expected to reach, but it is everyone's guess at this time that it may not be too long away. Please stay tuned.

Good news Ginnu. But when they say "may not be too long away" ...Are we talking in terms of days, weeks, months, minutes ;)! ?? Any guesses ?

thanks,
sertra2002

Last edited by a moderator:
I140 Approved

My I140 was approved yesterday. What a relief for an endless wait. I wish you all the the best.

ND April 24th 2003
EB2 non-concurrent.

RFE

I just checked my online status. It says a notice of RFE was sent out yesterday.

EB1, NSC
LIN-03-254-5xxxx

I-140 ND :8/26/03
I-485/EAD/AP ND: 10/24/03
EAD AD:12/15/03
AP AD:12/16/03
I-140 RFE 1/15/04

semi concurrents and CP cases are moving along... good to know something is moving...

mimihu , let us know what is the RFE about once you recieve.. my ND is 8/28 , but concurrent, so I think I will still have to wait a long time.........

Congrats to all the Lucky people.

As expected, there is some movement in I-140 Processing.

Good News!!!!

naanshi.

H1b approval question

Guys,

I have been very silently following this theread. You guys are great!!.

I have a question about my H1B renewal. I have my 1-40 and 485 filed in Nov 03. It is concurrent filing. I have yet to recieve my EAD/AP. My H1 expires in July 04. My company offerred me to renew H1. I'm going ahead with the renewal.

My question is, will INS disapprove my H1B extension petition if my EAD is already issued?. are they two independant processes?.
Can i have both EAD and H1B extension from the same company?.

I really appreciate your response.

Kevin.

H1 renewel and EAD are two independent of each other as far as I know.. I can have both of them, but once you use your EAD your H1 will get invalidated.. you can confirm from others too..