TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

The published processing dates may not be very accurate & generally are very conservative estimates by the service centers. My feeling is that even if one case of a particular date is pending, they show that as the latest processing date. To get a more realistic picture of procssing time, you will have to follow the tracker on this forum or the rupnet data at:
http://www.rupnet.com/immigration/index.asp

I'm waiting for my I140 approval too & expecting it in 5-6 months timeframe.

titu

Originally posted by dilbert30
Thanks a lot for the info. When I look at https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Nebraska,

all categories of I-140 show cases received in Marhc 03 and April 03 being processed. I also observe posts in this website wherein people have mentioned their May 03, Aug 03 cases etc being approved.

Which of these dates is correct?

If I file my I -140 application in Jan 04, when do you think I can expect to hear an approval?

Thanks,

Dilbert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem posting replies

Hi,

I would like to know how in my post I could include the message i am replying to so that the subject is maintained.

When I click on "Post Reply" to a certain message, I get a fresh post in which I need to enter the subject and I dont find the message i am replying to.

Any help? Do i need to set anything in my profile?

Thanks,

Hi,

I read your post reg the tracker

Under item 12, you say..

12. lastly, conclusions from observing the trends on the 140 movement. it is noticeable that the consular processing and non concurrent filers seems to be getting approved much slower than

I received an email recently from my lawyers saying that my Labor Cert has been approved. I have to now decide if I want to go in for AOS or CP

My questions:

1) What is the difference between CP and non concurrent filing?

2) Can you please confirm that concurrent filing means filing I 140 and I 485 together and going in for AOS?

3)Where can I find the I-140 processing times for concurrent filing?

Thanks,

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by robocop104
Hi All,

Its time we changed our spreadsheet to reflect the current filers.

i would like to summarize any important phone numbers and other info that we discussed in the 360 replies of the old thread. if anybody would like to send me a summary that would be great. i can edit this message and put it in as the first message in this thread along with the spreadsheet. i think it would be a good way for anyone starting out on this thread and not lose any info that was discussed.

so here is to fresh starts....:)

prashant.
==========================================
i do not plan to get rid of the old thread. i will let it die naturally as time goes by.
==========================================
1. one thing i always wanted to tell people was when someone gets approved please send all congrats via personal messages instead of posting a message for everyone to see. it wastes time for others.

2. one problem i forsee is the spread sheet going into diferent streams with lost entries. what I can do about that for now is to keep tracking it as owner of this thread and keep it as clean as possible. please post your information on the thread and i will add it to the spreadsheet and post updated versions every weekend. some people don't post their info because they dont have the patience to create an account. if you are one such person please email your details to

prashant_uppy@yahoo.com

we would like the information in the format as
a. EB1/EB2/EB3 - RIR- Concurrent/non-c/Consular processing
b. LIN number first few digits
C. RD and ND
d. info about your 485, EAD and Adv parole applications

3. whats the difference between RD and ND.

well, there is not much difference. RD is the reciept date and ND is the Notice date. i think everybody tracks the approvals by notice date. but RD and MD(mailing date) are mostly informational. i think that the ND and RD are available on the reciept notice you will get from BCIS. they dont have a PD(priority Date) for I-140. The date available on the website is the
Reciept date.

4. what are these LIN numbers and how to interpret them?

The way these numbers are made is as follows.
LIN-NSC (nebraska service center)
EAC-VSC (vermont)
WAC-CSC (california)
SRC-TSC (texas)

the next two numbers are the year. 03 - stands for 2003.
the three after that is the number of Working days from Oct 1st which is start of that fiscal year.
the next digit is normally 5 or 0. 5 represents available online status.
the next 4 numbers are your case number on that day.

5. where can we get info about status

Status Enquiries..
The following info from different threads in this forum:

NSC Direct# 402-323-7830
BCIS #: 800-375-5283
Website Enquiries (From BCIS):
https://egov.immigration.gov/graphi....jsp?textFlag=N

6. sometimes you get this message on automated status. it seems that it is no big deal. the BCIS service person will tell you to call after 150/180 days(as mentioned in your notice) of your RD if you ask about it.

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application

7. Useful link for EAD expecting people
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/aos/ead.html

8. the foll message means that AP is approved.

On August 13, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

9 for filing for 140:

For filing I-140, you need the original LC.
You need the following doc's:
1] Company Federal Tax return copies for last one or two years. OR audited financial reports.
2] Your foreign degree evaluation reports.
3] Your previous experience certificates - copies.
4] Transcripts from your degree / PG - copies.
5] Reference letters from experts in field and from peers. (I think these are important if you are going to file it in EB2). These are not required, but good to have them.
6] Current visa approvals (H1 & H4's). I have submitted the copies of I-94; front and back of the passport also, but not required.
7] Employer Support Letter.. Since I-140 is filed on behalf of the employer, my attorney suggested that we file a letter from the employer. All it had was like.. we have a job opening for which we have obtained the LC from DOL, job descr.. salary.. permanent position.. we submit our financial reports.. expecting the approval very soon.. and a brief profile of the company.
8] G-29 or notice of appearance for the attorney. If you are applying for CP, my suggestion is that you submit a G-29 for yourself as well along with another G-29 for your employer. For
I-140 alone, G-29 signed by the employer is sufficient. But for CP.. this is what somebody told me: You can save sometime later on if you submit the G-29 signed by you as well. If not, NVC will need to send you a communication asking you to authorize them to send the Packe-III doc's to your attorney. But, it is just that somebody told me and my attorney agreed with it. So, it is upto you.
9] Ofcourse, the LC and the check or money order. Is it $135.00 ?

Please add / correct these if any body finds something..

10. educational qualification is done by:
The Educational Equivalency is required for any foreign degree qualifications, as far as I know. done from "Trust Forte Corpn". they charged me about $ 60.00, I received the certificates in
mail in two weeks. You can fax them the degree certificate and the transcripts..

http://www.trustfortecorp.com/academic.html

11. you normally get an RFE as soon as they receive the application if something is mising or later towards the end when they want proof of something. in the latter case, they normally
approve it as soon as they get the response.

12. lastly, conclusions from observing the trends on the 140 movement. it is noticeable that the consular processing and non concurrent filers seems to be getting approved much slower than
the concurrent ones. also EB2 seems faster than Eb3. so best thing is to file for 485 along with the 140 and not wait until 140 is done.
=============================================

I - 140 processing times

Are you using CP or concurrent (I-140 + 485)? Are there differences in processing times for I - 140 depending on whether u use CP or concurrent filing? ANy ideas?

---------------------------------------------

Originally posted by titu
The published processing dates may not be very accurate & generally are very conservative estimates by the service centers. My feeling is that even if one case of a particular date is pending, they show that as the latest processing date. To get a more realistic picture of procssing time, you will have to follow the tracker on this forum or the rupnet data at:
http://www.rupnet.com/immigration/index.asp

I'm waiting for my I140 approval too & expecting it in 5-6 months timeframe.

titu

Re: Time to update the spreadsheet

Hi,

What is meant by semi concurrent? My labor cert just got approved and I need to decide what I need to do next.

I find three terms here - concurrent, non concurrent and semi concurrent? Can you please tell me what each means?

Thanks,
Dilbert

Originally posted by sertra2002
Hi prashant,

I feel its high time the spreadsheet was updated. I have seen lots of new details being posted lately.

Here are my details:
EB3 - RIR- Semi-Concurrent
LIN03184xxxxx
I-140 ND 21-May, RFE - 26-Sept. Lawyer received RFE on 1-Oct. RFE is for companies ability to pay the salary mentioned.
I-485/AP/EAD RD 14-Aug, ND 21-Aug.

Mine is a semi-concurrent case and not concurrent as the spreadsheet has it.

Thanks,
setra2002

Re: I - 140 processing times

Theoretically there is no difference in processing time whether one files with CP option or concurrent. However many people who watch the processing dates very closely opine that I140 concurrent applications are being processed faster than the ones with CP option. Personally I won't read too much into it (no agrument intended here).

I suggest that you read more on this forum & then draw your own conclusions.

titu

Originally posted by dilbert30
Are you using CP or concurrent (I-140 + 485)? Are there differences in processing times for I - 140 depending on whether u use CP or concurrent filing? ANy ideas?

---------------------------------------------

Hi all,
I am happy to share the news of my I-140 (CP) approval. BCIS online status is showing that my I-140 has been approved on Jan 2, 2004.

Notified Date is May 08 2003. LIN 0317ABCXY

No RFE's

Thank you,
mubal

Congrats Mubal!!!.

2004's First Approval in our Message board.

Looks like it's CP time.

naanshi.

Congratulations mubal.

Originally posted by mubal
Hi all,
I am happy to share the news of my I-140 (CP) approval. BCIS online status is showing that my I-140 has been approved on Jan 2, 2004.

Notified Date is May 08 2003. LIN 0317ABCXY

No RFE's

Thank you,
mubal

When can we see any August approval????
Have they stopped processing concurrent cases and turn around for non-concurrent and CP?:mad:

Congratulations Mubal !!!

Your approval is a great hope for all the CP'ers.

Can you please let me know if yours is EB2 or EB3. I did not find your entry in the excel spreadsheet and I appreciate your reply.

Mine is EB2 (ND is JUN 11th, 2003) and I know some EB2 guys from April still waiting (including Robocop). My H1 expires on August 25th. I have applied the GC through a different company (not my current H1 holder). My best hope is: I will get my CP process succesfully done by then. So, I am really getting tensed up.

dbsraju,
Thank you and Best of Luck with your I-140 process. My I-140 was filed under EB3 category on May 08th 2003. So far I was the silent viewer of this great thread. Sorry, my details were not availabe in spreadsheet.

ND:May 08 2003
EB3
CP (chennai)
Approved Date Jan 2 2004.

My lawer has not received the approvel notice till Jan 6th. It may take 7 to 10 days from the approval date.

Waiting to start the nest process.

"Best of Luck to All".

mubal.

Do anybody know when this H1B processing for fiscal year 2004 will be Over? In other words, when H1B petitons will reach the annual quota 65,000 for the year 2004? Till H1B cap is reached, I guess there will bee no movement in I-140 processing. [Hopefully USCIS won't start processing Illegal immigrant's Green card, after that]

naanshi.

not sure how true this is ...but may give a general idea. got it from murthy.com .

At the end of August 2003, the CIS issued H1B usage statistics for FY2003. In the first three quarters of FY2003 (October 1, 2002-June 30, 2003), 56,986 H-1 cases had been counted against the cap. CIS statistics show that almost 16,000 more cap cases are pending. Accordingly, if the usage remains the same in FY2004, the cap will be met before the end of June 2004. Without knowing the filing dates of the pending cases, we cannot estimate the latest possible time to file a cap case in FY2004. However, it is clear that, if the filings remain at the same levels, the cutoff will occur before the end of June 2004.

online status

Guys , does anyone know how long the UCSIS web site remains blocked for someone who checked the status of an app too many times?
I didnt think I did - I probably checked it once a day for the past month ..but today it tells me I will be blocked for a certain period of time from accessing my LIN # . Stupid site doesnt say for how long though.

Just use a different IP address or a different domain and you will get in.
They just block the IP address I believe.

So moral of the story is that USCIS won't process the petitions in timely manner and if we check the status of our case regularly, they will block it. Nice Job. Keep it up.

If there is a height of something being ridiculous THIS IS IT!!! So all this thing about being understaffed is all bull cr**p. They actually took the time and manpower to set the sytem up to do that ?? Nice job indeed!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: online status

overnight. you shoudl be able to check your status tomorrow.

Originally posted by yasvish
Guys , does anyone know how long the UCSIS web site remains blocked for someone who checked the status of an app too many times?
I didnt think I did - I probably checked it once a day for the past month ..but today it tells me I will be blocked for a certain period of time from accessing my LIN # . Stupid site doesnt say for how long though.

I don't know why you got a block from USCIS site. I checked my status twice a day for the last 3 months now and I did not had any problem.