TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

thanks

thanks to all those who responded with advice about the blocking. It did work with a different IP ..and also was blocked for 24 hrs only

Any Updates

How long does it take now to get the 140 thru.. now it looks NSC it getting closer to VSC in terms of processing times ?

How long does it take to get the receipt for 485/EAD/AP after being mailed to NSC Service center. My attorney mailed on 22-DEC-2003 so far no updates from NSC center ?

Please update any thoughts on these ..

rfe on August case

I get rfe on my I 140. I dont know yet what is rfe about. I will update thread once my employer/lawyer will receive notice.

I140 ND 8/1/2003

I140 RFE

Thank God they have atleast started processing August cases.
My ND is 8/25/03.
Wish you best of luck Akash with your RFE

thats good, but

I think akash is another lucky guy, because I have some I-140's around that date that I track on BCIS website which are still pending..

LIN0323151239 - Jul 29
LIN0323251477 - Jul 30
LIN0323351295 - Jul 31
LIN0323451222, LIN0323451242 - Aug 1

I do not know if the above cases are may be for counsular processing (non-concurrent) for which currently Apr-May dates are getting processed..

------ I will be happy if they really started processing concurrent I-140's and moved to Aug ------

CP -> AOS

I filled I140 with Consular processing, still waiting. If I want to change it to 485. Can I just file I485 directly ? could pl. tell me what is the process and required docs ???

Thanks !!!

Re: CP -> AOS

Yes, for changing from CP to AOS, just go ahead & file I485.

titu

Originally posted by piska
I filled I140 with Consular processing, still waiting. If I want to change it to 485. Can I just file I485 directly ? could pl. tell me what is the process and required docs ???

Thanks !!!

thanks titu.

Do I need to file any other forms to change from CP to AOS along with filing I485 ?

another I140/CP approval

LIN031575****
I-140 approved (EB3/CP)
April 15 (ND)

approved on Jan 13, 2003

.. looks like it's CP time

best of luck to everyone waiting

Congratulations Enigma261

What a nice Pongal Gift !!!
I hope NSC will soon focus on EB2-CP cases as well.
Could you pls post which consulate you have opted ? Thanks.

thanks dbsraju...

I have opted for New Delhi embassy ...

good news is that finally they are clearing the CP backlog ...

best of luck

Long wait - worried

Hi guys,

I would like to know what is the average time taken by NSC to proccess an I-140 application after they have receiven an RFE ?

My case details are :
I-140 ND May 21st. Semi-concurrent.
I-485/AP/EAD ND August 19th.
RFE on company financials received on September 26th.
RFE responded November 18th (All in 2003).

Still I am waiting to hear on my case. The online status says RFE resonse received November 18th.

Is it time for me to start geting worried ?? BTW my wifes (Derivative) EAD and AP was approved on November 26th, but mine are still not approved. Should I read something into it ?

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
sertra2002

sertra2002,

You got I-140 RFE within 40 days of your I-485 filing. From this I can guess that after receiving your I-485/I-765 and I-131 petitions, the Officer took your I-140 case to complete the prima review for your I-765 and I-131 approval. At that time, the officer felt that your company financials were needed and sent RFE.

After receiving the documents, the officer found that the documents were O.k. So he/she approved your wife's I-765 and I-131, because I guess your wife's security clearance might have completed earlier than you. (Yours might be still pending for clearance and that is the reason why your I-765 and I-131 are not approved yet)

Over all, I feel your case is going to get approved and it is just the matter of time. When they start processing concurrent cases again, hopefully you should be first in the list (If your security clearance is completed by then).

This is just my guessing and I may be completely wrong.

naanshi.

Thanks

naanshi,

Thanks for your encouraging prediction. I have seen many of your pridictions coming true, so this does give me hope.

I apologize for being naive, but what do you mean by 'security clearance'? "hopefully you should be first in the list (If your security clearance is completed by then)."
What are they looking for while doing security clearance.

Also, I have been out of loop regarding NSC I-140 processiing, but is it true that they are concentrating on H1 Premium processing and I-140 processing is on hold/slowed due to this ?

Thanks again,
sertra2002

"but what do you mean by 'security clearance'?"

********It is the Background or Security Check.

"Also, I have been out of loop regarding NSC I-140 processiing, but is it true that they are concentrating on H1 Premium processing and I-140 processing is on hold/slowed due to this ?"

*****Looks like it is true. There are processing I-140 very slowly. August and July 2003 concurrent cases are Still pending.

naanshi.