TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

EAD/AP processing time

Hi,
My I-765/I-131/I-140/I-485 RD is 11/05/2003 and ND is 11/10/2003.
Still my EAD did not got approved, where are as I can see some posts whose ND in 12/2003 got approved.
The BCIS site also mention that they currently processing records after 11/14/2003
http://www.immigration.com/frame/eprocessingtimene.html

In general how much time will take to process EAD/AP.
Do I need to worry about it, Please let me know.

Thanks
Srisathya

I wouldn't be worried about it at this point. USCIS does not really have a pattern as we have seen till now. Your AP/EAD may be close to approval.
Make sure that you do not have any RFE on AP/EAD. Other than that, you also have the option of interim EAD after 90 days which is coming up for you soon.

Why do you guys worry about EAD/AP? You(or your spouse) will not use EAD/AP until I-140 gets approved, right? What we are concerned here is I-140.

EAD use before I140 approval

I and my wife recieved EAD/AP in Oct from NSC. Still waiting for I140 approval.
My wife has just got a job. Is it safe to use her EAD before I140 is approved. Please advise ?

Re: EAD use before I140 approval

by using ead u will lose ur h1 status. if by any chance i140 is denied then u r out of status and may have to leave the country.

Originally posted by rs74
My wife has just got a job. Is it safe to use her EAD before I140 is approved. Please advise ?

What if only my wife uses her EAD and I remain on H1B. If I140 is denied than can she go back on H4 status.

Re: EAD use before I140 approval

rs74, I ever asked the same question. My wife got offers but none of them sponsor H1b. She wants to use her EAD while my I-140 is pending. I was told that she will lose H4 after using EAD. If my I-140 gets denied then she will have to leave US to apply for H4.
What are you going to do?

Originally posted by rs74

What dumb, idiotic rules are these ??. What is the point of having an EAD if you cannot use it till I140 is approved which is taking 6 -9 months. One might as well apply for CP if you have to wait for I140 has to be approved to get a job even for ones spouse.
Also now they want only a single degree from abroad to consider it equivalent to a U.S degree for I140 to be approved.
INS has to shape up and use some brains while making rules.
Maybe that is too much to expect from a bunch of government morons.
This is the worst kind of torture.

re:

rs74 you said
"Also now they want only a single degree from abroad to consider it equivalent to a U.S degree for I140 to be approved."

could u pls elaborate

There is no rule as such that the I-140 has to be approved in order to use EAD.

I guess, early issue of EAD, is to enable applicants running out of H1 time to continue authorized employment as well as spouses to work till AOS is adjudicated.
One cannot guarantee even after the I-140 is approved that the GC will get approved for sure. It can get denied at the I-485 stage. That is why one should hire a good lawyer. The risk is always there.
:(

al_paso, you are right. But the clownish, idiotic, moronic combination of rules and proceedures at NSC is making EAD usage a very risky prospect.
Firstly once you or your spouse use your EAD you or your spouse are out of H1/H4 status.
Now they are insisting that a single foriegn degree will be considered equivalent to a US bachelors degree. If you do not have a four year bachelors degree in your exact field abroad your LC should say that combination of foreign degrees is accepted.
Since many of us do not fall in the above category and our labour was filed before Sep 2003 before this filthy rule was anounced our LC will not have the statement they want. That explains the high number of RFEs/Denials due to educational equivalency.
So the chance of I140 denial is quite high at NSC.
Since I140 is taking between 6 -10 months at NSC to play it safe you have to wait that long to switch jobs or for your spouse to use her/his EAD. What is the point in having an EAD than ??. You might as well apply for CP
All because some brainless bastards at INS need to make life miserable for us.

"What is the point of having an EAD if you cannot use it till I140 is approved which is taking 6 -9 months"

****** There is no such rule. Please don't give this type of Ideas to USCIS. They may change the rule. As long as I-140/I-485 are not denied Or in other words "I-140/I-485 are pending", you can use EAD and AP. Valididty of EAD and AP will expire, once the I-140 and/or I-485 is/are denied.

naanshi..

Any Updates

How long does it take to get the receipt from NSC for 485/AP/EAD . My attorney mailed it on 22-DEC-2003 so far no reply

depends ..usually 10 days with NSC but I see your mailing date is pretty much around the holiday/christmas period so it might be waiting to be entered into the system, but I don't believe it should take such a long time. Have you or your lawyer called up to find out ?

Hi all

I'm kind of new here.. have been exchanging views since last few weeks..

How do I put my information in Spredsheet .?.140 tracker ..

Thanks

Hi Naanshi,
Thanks for checking, no news about I-140 . Looks like they are processing CP now.

Originally posted by naanshi
Hi vvennam, lonelypoet and nash140,

Any update in your I-140 case?

naanshi.

I-140 submission deadline

Does any one know the validity period for Labor Certification?. My labor was certified on Nov 25th 2003 and to date my lawyer has not sent me the papers for signature. Just was getting uneasy.
:confused: