Those who applied in oct/nov 2004

Right after writing the post I went back on USCIS web site and I saw that my I485 has been LUD'ed now to 3/31/05 too ...
Somebody is updating the USCIS site right now!!

No message change and my wife I485 has not been LUD'ed yet.

It is now very hard for me to do anything else than checking this USCIS site again and again ...

csc_pawn said:
My I140 has just been LUD'ed again.
There is no message change though and of course no email.

CSC is doing somehing with my case I hope it will be an approval and not an RFE or worse ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea how many days will it take to get the mail? One of my co worker got the clearence. I got the RFE. So I have to wait and see.. what more info they need on my case
Thanks
GreenPath5:
PD : April 2002
ND : (EB2)I140/485/AP/EAD: OCT 15 2004
FP done : NOV 18 2004(No early FP)
FP results recieved on NOV 25...

AP/EAD approved end of December 2004

485 LUD March 21 2005
140 LUD March 28 2005, March 29 2005, March 31 2005(Requsting more information)

Thanks for updating yr status
Looks I am in same boat... CSC EB1
I140 ND Nov 19,2004
I485 ND Mar 16,2004
I140 LUD 03/11/05* 03/14/05* 03/24/05*
So far just LUD without email msg as well as no RFE.
What Your RFE says ?

noor_iqb said:
Folks

Just received an email from USCIS for I140. It is RFE . So they are working on Nov cases. See my signature.

Today I went to give FP for my kid who is just 20 months old.
They took only the digital photo. They didn't even take the finger print. They told me that the kid is too young for a FP.

csc_pawn

Looks like your 140 and 485 are moving parallel. I think your case would be processed like true concurrent and you would be poured with approvals.

Best of luck.

For me, it is still same old message, no LUD or any other action.

I hope you are right.
Thank you and good luck hopefully we will all get good news soon.

You are now only waiting for your I485 right?

GC_GoneCase said:
csc_pawn

Looks like your 140 and 485 are moving parallel. I think your case would be processed like true concurrent and you would be poured with approvals.

Best of luck.

For me, it is still same old message, no LUD or any other action.

I am waiting for 140 and 485 both. The RD for both is Sept 30 and ND of Oct 5, 2005.

Mine is EB2, substitute, future job.

csc_pawn said:
I hope you are right.
Thank you and good luck hopefully we will all get good news soon.

You are now only waiting for your I485 right?

I called emergency number today. The person who picked the phone was nice. He spent about 10 minutes on phone with me. First thing he asked was if I had an emergency. I told him emergency was not 911 type but I would have to apply for H1 that would cost money. He agreed to provide me details.

He told me that the case may take some time as it was pending name check. I asked why it should take time. He told me that FBI performs the name checks in quotas. The quota of last name check has come and the next one would come when they have next quota to perform checks. He said it was beyond him to help. He had my details of attorney etc. He went thru my case details and told me everything was fine in the case. The only thing awaited was name check. I do not know how much is truth in that.

I do not understand what the quota stuff means but that is what he told me. Let see if I would get LUD on my case.

Looks to me I will have to wait more. The journey is getting painful.

Hi GC_Gone,

Sounds like a reasonable explanation all in all, but what I don't understand is when they exactly submit the request for name check. Is it done as soon as they get our FP data ? Or at some unknown point later in the process? When was your FP done please?

Thanks, Fivemile

PS: My data is similar to yours:
I-140/485 EB3 -- ND Oct 14 2004
FP Done -- Nov 19 2004
485 LUD -- March 10 2005

GC_GoneCase said:
I called emergency number today. The person who picked the phone was nice. He spent about 10 minutes on phone with me. First thing he asked was if I had an emergency. I told him emergency was not 911 type but I would have to apply for H1 that would cost money. He agreed to provide me details.

He told me that the case may take some time as it was pending name check. I asked why it should take time. He told me that FBI performs the name checks in quotas. The quota of last name check has come and the next one would come when they have next quota to perform checks. He said it was beyond him to help. He had my details of attorney etc. He went thru my case details and told me everything was fine in the case. The only thing awaited was name check. I do not know how much is truth in that.

I do not understand what the quota stuff means but that is what he told me. Let see if I would get LUD on my case.

Looks to me I will have to wait more. The journey is getting painful.

Hi Fivemile

My FP was done on Nov 5 and status updated on Nov 10 for reciept of FP results.

My understanding is that name check is sent after FP is done.

I did not ask specifically when it was sent althogh I could have asked about it. The guy was very positive to tell all the details.

I don't think name check has anything to do with I-140

The fact that your I-140 is also pending can not be "explained" by name check. Name check should only influence I-485.

frank77,

You could be right. However, I think the fact that they were trying to process 140 and 485 concurrent in CA till recently, could also mean waiting to process 140 till time 485 is also ready.

This looks to be changing now as with EB3 retrogressed, 140 is no more dependent on readiness of 485.

I would be extremly happy to have 140 approved as then I can use AC21.

frank77 said:
The fact that your I-140 is also pending can not be "explained" by name check. Name check should only influence I-485.

140 approved, substitute labor, future employment

Hi All-

Finally, after going thru a lot of pains, the miracle number 1 has happened.

Just 5 minuts back, I got 2 emails from USCIS that my 140 was approved. I was very worried about it as mine was substitute labor, for future employment. When I saw the emails, I thought may be RFE.

I could not believe it, It said - The case has been approved.

I have already completed 180 days on 485, so it gives me a sense of better feel.

My earlier 140 was withdrawn by employer about a year back. I applied for new 140 / 485 using substitute labor and for future employment.

The experience and education were not 100 % match but similar.

Thanks a lot guys. I got a lot of strength from this forum interacting with many of you . It has becoem an integral part of my daily curriculum.

Here are my details,

140 / 485 - concurrent, RD 9/30, ND 10/5/2005, substitute labor, EB2, Future Employment
140 - ND LUD on 10/7, no LUD after that except today 4/4 with 140 approval notice
485 - 10/27, 11/10 ( FP results recieved), 4/4/2005
EAD /AP - Approved Jan 2005

There is no LUD for 485 for my family.

I called emergency number on 4/1/2005 and was told that name check was pending. The office told me that he would try to help me and said he was puting priority on my file. I did not believe him but may be that worked although I am not sure if that triggered anything.

Congratulations GC_GoneCase!

I am glad to see October I140 approvals.

I am also starting to fear an RFE on my case since there is a lot of LUD activity. It seems that lot of LUD's is a sign that an RFE is cooking.
Your example shows an approval without prior LUD's.

Anyway good luck for your I485!

GC_GoneCase said:
Hi All-

Finally, after going thru a lot of pains, the miracle number 1 has happened.

Just 5 minuts back, I got 2 emails from USCIS that my 140 was approved. I was very worried about it as mine was substitute labor, for future employment. When I saw the emails, I thought may be RFE.

I could not believe it, It said - The case has been approved.

I have already completed 180 days on 485, so it gives me a sense of better feel.

csc_pawn,

I have seen many 140 approvals without LUD.

In your case 140 and 485 both are having LUD not 140 only. Most likely, you have got your name check cleared and are likely to get 140 and 485 cleared concurrently.

I wish you al the best.

csc_pawn said:
Congratulations GC_GoneCase!

I am glad to see October I140 approvals.

I am also starting to fear an RFE on my case since there is a lot of LUD activity. It seems that lot of LUD's is a sign that an RFE is cooking.
Your example shows an approval without prior LUD's.

Anyway good luck for your I485!

Hi GC_GoneCase,

I just called USCIS and I have been told that my name check was still pending and thus my I140 was also pending!!
I have tried to argue that I140 should not be stuck while name check is pending but the person seemed to disagree and I did not insist too much. I did not want to upset USCIS altough they are wrong.

Now I am so frustrated! :mad:
I asked my lawyer to call to check on my I140 to see if they can reason with them ...

I am also very confused since I did request an FOIPA request and got a response for a "No Record" for both my wife and I.

GC_GoneCase said:
csc_pawn,

I have seen many 140 approvals without LUD.

In your case 140 and 485 both are having LUD not 140 only. Most likely, you have got your name check cleared and are likely to get 140 and 485 cleared concurrently.

I wish you al the best.