Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

Why is Texas so slow !!!!

All other service centers are approving 140s from October 2003 and later. Vermont is even approving both 140 and 485 together for cases filed in May and June 2003.

Why is Texas center so slow in both 140 and 485. Was this center always like this or is it some temporary phenomenna that will rectify itself soon. I hope it is the latter. If anyone else has some knowledge on this please share it here.

will_get_there

Hi, will_get_there
I thought that it is well known for a long time now that Texas Service Center is the slowest one. It is notorious. I know this really sounds depressing. But it is what it is.

Murthy News

All:

Here is some interesting stuff from Murthy News:

I-140/I-485

Of interest to many of our MurthyDotCom and MURTHYBULLETIN readers, the I-140 petitions are expected to drop to an average of 8 months by the end of this fiscal year, down to 7 months by the end of the next fiscal year, and to 6 months by the end of FY2006. The plan for I-485s is a small decrease in processing times to 20 months by the end of FY2004, followed by an ambitious goal of 15 months in FY2005, and to 6 months by FY2006.

Time range changed fr 485

Today when I checked the status of my 485, it says it will take 850 to 900 days to process the case. I believe it used to be 900 to 950 days till few days back.

The time range for 140s is going up ( 400 to 450 days ) and 485's is coming down, may be the plan is to let both dats fall in 600 to 700 days range and adjudicate both 140 and 485 together.

Comments ?

will_get_there

will_get_there
texas processing center may be slow but has got the lowest rejection rate, whereas NSC might have faster processing time buthas got the highest rejection rate - according to my lawyer

Here are some stats with respect to processing times... As many of you are aware that before Mar/31, I-140 processing was almost dead. TSC was stuck processing Feb'02 filers from Jan'04 to Mar'04.. So Here is some info to butt our heads and figure out the mess..
Date report Published Processing I-140 (Skilled Worker) Dates Advanced
6/15 May/12 12 Days
5/31 Apr/30 5 Days
5/15 Apr/25 15 Days
4/30 Apr/01 25 Days
4/15 Mar/05 7 Days
3/31 Feb/28 --
So From Apr/01 to Jun/15 (75 Days) Tsc processed 64 days worth of I-140. So on average it is processing less than a day's worth of cases each day. Seems pretty bad to me. So if you have filed in Jan'2004, you should expect to see your I-140 approval not before Jan'2005.. IF you are LUCKY!!

rpranesh said:
EB2, Concurrent, EAD, AP applied.
rpranesh,

My attorney filed for EB2, concurrent, EAD & AP on June-16.
Could you please tell me how long does it take to get
the receipt/acknowledgment from CIS.
According to my attorney, they haven't received the receipt.

Please let me know.

Thanks

It usually takes 1 week to 10 days to receive the acknowledgements. You may want to wait till next week and contact your lawyer again

I-140/485 apply twice?

My wife's labor has been approved and she applied for her I-140/485 at texas service center and added me in her application.

Now my labor is almost thru(hoping to receive it anytime soon) . Can I apply fot I-140 /485 at another service center ( vermont?) ??

Is it possible for us to apply this way? or is it one application per family only ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
gclabor,

I received my I140 receipt # on 5th business day itself.

Fedex sent to INS on 3/4/04 Thursday
received date 3/5/04 Friday
Notice date 3/8/04 Monday
Lawyer received original I140 receipt on 3/11/04
I knew the number on 3/12/04.

I485 receipt in 7 business days (semi-concurrent).

Anyway, that doesn't matter as the processing times are in Years rather days/weeks.

Updated with AP Date

Advance parole :
RD 3/29/04
AD 5/25/04
Last updated date 5/27/04
I received AP 2 weeks ago from my attorney.

Till now the Online status shows "Recieved" and NOT updated with "approved" status. Don't know how these guys are keeping track of applications and their order.

That explains why we see the processing of applications in random order.

vangaru said:
Updated with AP Date

Advance parole :
RD 3/29/04
AD 5/25/04
Last updated date 5/27/04
I received AP 2 weeks ago from my attorney.

Till now the Online status shows "Recieved" and NOT updated with "approved" status. Don't know how these guys are keeping track of applications and their order.

That explains why we see the processing of applications in random order.

Forgot to attach the file...

They are approving EADs and APs pretty quickly with consistency. If only they process 140s & 485s the same way!!

gclabor said:
rpranesh,

My attorney filed for EB2, concurrent, EAD & AP on June-16.
Could you please tell me how long does it take to get
the receipt/acknowledgment from CIS.
According to my attorney, they haven't received the receipt.

Please let me know.

Thanks
gclabor:
My case was filed on June 11th, service center receipt date was 14th and ND was 15th. My lawyer said contact her after 2 weeks, which i did and she sent the photocopies of all the receipt notices. Definitely not more than 2 weeks.

AP approved

Got an email notification on 7/2 about my AP approved. My 485/140/AP/EAD were received on 6/4/2004. Have not received actual approval document yet. See attached file.