Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

Applied 140/485/EAD/AP on 10/25/2004,received receipts from attorney on 11/04/04, EAD approved 11/11/04 received in mail 11/16/04.
can anyone say :is SSN applied for spouse in SSA office like i did when got h-1 or should she got to USCIS office.

Online setup

I received the receipt numbers, can i go ahead and setup an account to receive the status via email. Would it be ok? or does it slower the process?
My attorney suggested not to setup like that.. any comments?

:)

Adding the case no's to the profile does not slow the case.

this is a facility offered by USCIS, then why not use it?

I wonder who is this attorney, and is he an immigration attorney?

kick that attorney's a** from myside...

No problems can occur due to profile. May be the attorney does not want you to get smarter and ask him why the case is still pending :mad: :mad:

nagakoosu,

does ur attorney charge u by the hour every time u ask him abt ur case status? in that case, its in his/her best interest to 'control' the info abt ur case status. i dont see any disadvantage in registering at the uscis site to get an automated email abt ur case status

Best Option ?
I have just filed for my I-140 and I485 last week. Hopefully will be getting EAD & AP soon. I am already in my 8th year and my current client has offered me job (AGAIN this year)

What would be the best option ?
If my employer wouldn't mind to join them but is it safe to join without I140 approval ?
when will I be able to use AC21 (I guess after 140 approval). ?
Can I join Part-time after I get my EAD approved ?

Please share your thoughts and experience

Thanks in Advance

labornc

Last edited by a moderator:
hello,
I registered online the day i received the SRC #, i guess you dont have to inform your attorney about this(i didnot). The web page and the receipt itslef encourages you to do this for convenience and to reduce the number of phone calls made. Infact, my EAD got approved within 15 days. Looks like the best way of staying informed.
thanks

Employer's financial status

Does anyone have a situation where they apply for I-140 and the employer and the attorney say that there is no gurantee how it will go since the employers financial status is not good.

I assume you've done concurrent filing.
Is it safe to switch employer after 6 months with a pending I-140 ?

The answer is no ****at this time.****
Are there people who have tried this with texas center and still got their green thing ? Yes

Are there people who got rejected at I-485 stage because they switched employer without an approved I-140 after 6 months of applying ?

I have not heard so far.

You can join part time after you get your EAD. But if you use it, you'll lose your current visa status. If it is H1-B then you won't be able to bring any dependents to USA.

Now our INS is going to issue another memo some time in the coming 2-3 months. In this memo they are expected to talk about when one can switch employers, what happens if employer revokes I-140, what happens if INS rejects I-140 etc.. etc...

So don't take risk yet :)

labornc said:
Best Option ?
I have just filed for my I-140 and I485 last week. Hopefully will be getting EAD & AP soon. I am already in my 8th year and my current client has offered me job (AGAIN this year)

What would be the best option ?
If my employer wouldn't mind to join them but is it safe to join without I140 approval ?
when will I be able to use AC21 (I guess after 140 approval). ?
Can I join Part-time after I get my EAD approved ?

Please share your thoughts and experience

Thanks in Advance

labornc

Thanks Bronco for your detailed reply.

Bronco said:
I assume you've done concurrent filing.
Is it safe to switch employer after 6 months with a pending I-140 ?

The answer is no ****at this time.****
Are there people who have tried this with texas center and still got their green thing ? Yes

Are there people who got rejected at I-485 stage because they switched employer without an approved I-140 after 6 months of applying ?

I have not heard so far.

You can join part time after you get your EAD. But if you use it, you'll lose your current visa status. If it is H1-B then you won't be able to bring any dependents to USA.

Now our INS is going to issue another memo some time in the coming 2-3 months. In this memo they are expected to talk about when one can switch employers, what happens if employer revokes I-140, what happens if INS rejects I-140 etc.. etc...

So don't take risk yet :)

I/140 - I/485 for me and my wife

RD = 10/08/2004

AP approved = 11/08/2004
EAD approved = 11/11/2004

EB3

can anyone please update my info in excel?

new to this forum.......

Hi Folks,

My labor was certified last month & submitted I-140/485 on 11/18/04.

Generally how many days does it take to get the reciept or before USCIS cash the cheques??