Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

saras76,

Here is what I know about transferred cases. It is to the best of my knowledge.

1. In general service centers processes I140 and I485 cases at the service centers itself.

2. Only service centers will process I140 caess. Local offices never ceritify I140 cases.

3. I485 cases can be adjudicated either by service centers or by local offices, even if they are employment based I485.

If there is an issue(missing information or missing document), then service center should issue and RFE and approve/deny/issue-second-RFE based on your response to RFE.

If there is any issue with I485 alone and if they want to verify any documents (in original) they won't be able to send RFE and hence transfer the cases to local office. In doing so, they always approve I140 before transferring the cases(I140 and I485 and I485 for all dependents) to local office. Then local office will schedule an appointment for you to review the case in person. Once review is over, you get your approval on same day OR a day or two by the officer at local office.

CASE-1 : So, it is possible that you I140 is approved and all your documents are transferred to local office. This is good news, becuase you will get your I485 approval immediately after interview appointment date. ( You may not be aware that you I140 is approved until you get interview notice and you physicall go to the local office). Interview date could be any where between 3 to 6 months.

CASE-2 : If I140 is not approved and all you applications are transferred to local office, then you could expect some bad news.

Thanks tor immigrationportal.com, for more information, go to I485 forum and look for Tranferred cases threads. Lot of information is available over there.

VAN garu

Here is my information:
RD 3/11/2003
FP 05/29/2003
one ead card, second did efiling
one ead card for spouse, second in line
ap for my son approved 07/05/2004

Thanks,
givememygreencard

Follow up !!

Vangaru,

Thanks for the info. I think at this time none of us really knows whats going on. The online status for my I-140 says that the local office will approve it. This may be a new way to reduce backlogs. My company is very reputable and several others have had their process done so I do not see any major problem.

My thoughts are that earlier they would approve the I-140 and then send it to the local office for the I-485 but since that Fujie Memo they have to approve them together hence they cannot appove the I-140 or atleast not let us know that the I-140 is approved before sending it to the local office. I have a feeling that the local office will process my I-485 and then they will approve both together. Again this is all speculation but I am hoping for the best. There is not point in fretting over this.

thanks,

saras76

The notice from BCIS

Guys,

Here is the copy of the online message for my I-140. It seems very strange because I have never heard for local offices adjucating I-140. I am hoping this is a new trend to reduce backlogs.

"On July 16, 2004, we transferred your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to an office in MIAMI, FL for processing. Our office in MIAMI, FL will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times."

saras76

Similar Case found in VSC center

Guys,

I have been researching this thing on my own and found an exact same thing for someone a month ago. Here is the link to that thread

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=130705

It seems that I was correct. The most likely scenerio is that my I-140 has been approved and the I-485 has been transferred to local office for processing. The VSC guys online I-140 said the exact same thing as mine and then he got the I-140 approval letter within a few days. I am praying the same is true here.

I will keeo everyone posted on new developments.

thanks,

saras76

names

Will_get_there,

ATL01 is different from ATL10Again. I used ATL10 (not ATL01) before at Atlanta Regional LC forum and then for some reason I could not log on. So I created a new user name and called it ATL10Again.

ATL01 has everything filed early June.
ATL10Again has everything filed early July.

Sorry for the confusing.

Thanks.

ATL10Again

Transferred Case

saras76

Fujie Ohata Memo states, "A concurrently filed I-140 and I-485 will be concurrently adjudicated". I also guess you are going to get good news very soon from local office.

Wish you all the best.

Yes, EAD approved

yes, my and my wife's EAD got approved as of 07/19/04. Somebody please get this into the excel sheet for me.

Thanks,

online message approved, didnt get it yet

hey
as per the online case status, our AP approved on 07/08/04..neither me nor the employer got the AP approval.Any ideas?

Regarding AP

spiderman2,

The AP will be mailed out to you shortly. You will receive it within a week of getting the email.

saras76

Ap

Two copies of AP letters were sent to my attorney after the approval, though some applicants got them direct.