Spoke to IO at TSC

you may be right about the distinction...i have no clue on that...but 'unavailability' of io's (or iio's) during last week of june and then the subsequent disclosure of work effort seem more related then coincidental...

Don't get me wrong. I would much rather be wrong about this, and have more people working on our cases to get them approved faster! :)

It's just that I don't think it's a good idea for IOs who adjudicate cases to directly talk to the case applicants.

KiranGreene: your experience is very typical of what most people on this forum have experienced most of the time. It's a lucky day/time when the IO actually says anything more than "your case is pending".

EB3 India PD 3/2002

Talked to IO at TSC and told me that it's struck due to Name Check however visa number is current.

Please advise what do I do... It's frustrating.

PD 3/20002
2 FP: 5/31

depressed

Just called TSC and a lady who seems to be reasonally helpful -- at least not hanging me up -- told me NC still pending, no visa number is assigned. When I asked why LUD on Jul 2,3,4, she said it could be NC clear, but then when I asked why she told me a minute ago that NC is still pending -- she could not come out with an answer.

NC has been pending for 31 months, I thought the recent LUD give a closure to it, but apparently not.

Wondering if I should go to Infopass to see if there is a different answer.

Guys today's TSC IO answer of the day is "Name Check is Pending". As anybody talked today with that lady IO got name check is not pending.

I also took INFOPASS and said the same stuff --NC is pending.. My PD 03/2002....
I am just lost.. Any way to contact FBI to get the NC

Friends...Just spoke to a very friendly IO. He was very reasonable and checked everything and explained very clearly. In general its applicaple to most of us

1. Every case whose name check and background check is complete should be adjudicated in next 60 days.

2. I asked, how do we know if my namce check and background checks are complete. As I am hearing different answers evreytime.
(A). Name check is with FBI and its done right away once application is submitted and finger prints are captured. This can be checked with your receipt number

Background check / security check is done within the intra agency (IBIS / USCIS) and that can be checked by your A number as its in a different system. (Guys Please note, if someone asked you for your A# number and checked with a different system and provided you with some details , then that should be correct).

Hope this helps.

Interesting. Thanks for the info (see, I'd be furious if the bitch I got today via POJ and the guy who talked to you get similarly paid... the former even should not be on their payroll :mad: ).

As for 1, I posted this in the "derivative still pending" thread, but at the infopass on 7/6, the local IO who talked to us said that they allotted visa numbers to cases regardless of their security check status (inc. NC), but in actually adjudicating cases they do care about their SC status. So he said it is a real possibility that at the end of the day they might waste some of the numbers. But for those with SC cleared, they will work on them for the next three months to approve them. That's what I hear from infopass.

Friends...Just spoke to a very friendly IO. He was very reasonable and checked everything and explained very clearly. In general its applicaple to most of us

1. Every case whose name check and background check is complete should be adjudicated in next 60 days.

2. I asked, how do we know if my namce check and background checks are complete. As I am hearing different answers evreytime.
(A). Name check is with FBI and its done right away once application is submitted and finger prints are captured. This can be checked with your receipt number

Background check / security check is done within the intra agency (IBIS / USCIS) and that can be checked by your A number as its in a different system. (Guys Please note, if someone asked you for your A# number and checked with a different system and provided you with some details , then that should be correct).

Hope this helps.

Talked to TSC today

Talked to IO as TSC, and a lady told me that they have received the results of my second FP.
Case is already assigned to an officer.
When I asked about the VISA numbers, she says she has no information on that. Then I asked about the Name check.. She told me that Name check is already cleared. I think its a same story for most of us. Same questions and answers

Just called

After waiting 45 min. IO told me wait for 30 days when I asked my file has visa number.. she said "donot call" . check on website about your case and call us after 30 days if you do not see anything.. and she disconnected....

Calling again..

Have you retained original RD of VSC to TSC cases ?

Folks, I do not how to proceed in this scenario. Our original 485 RD is Jan 3rd, 2005. Cases transfered from VSC to TSC on March 7th, 2007 and we got a transfer notice in the form I-797 where RD shows Feb 8th, 2005 (which is the ND of our original 485) . I called TSC and they say they can not fix this, need to ask VSC since it has come from VSC. There is no option is toll free call of USCIS to connect VSC except to open a SR which they do not respond. I am yet to receive response of my June 5th SR .
I believe due to this RD forward movement until now I hear same word again and again " cases are in transit", "Not showing in our system", " cases are partially transfered" , " Physical files are moved but electronic records are in VSC", " Files are in TSC but data not entered in to the system" .
Has any one get this RD issue after transfer ?

"Wheretogo" you could have said...we are waiting from 3 years , what the hell going to happen in 30 Days...

Are they busy in approving the cases...or what...

Called two times got same lady

I called two times today and got same lady. she told "check on website" We are working on cases. It is just starting of month. I asked that last week when I called IO told me my file assigned visa number. She told me that there is no way to see in system that visa number is assigned. This is some body guess it. (I believe this also).

She disconnected phone first time when I called second time I got same lady with same information.

So not sure what to do.......I hate that I am too unlucky person because some of my friends got approval whose PD is 2002 and 2003.. That hurt me... I am sorry... but yes it hurt me..

"Wheretogo" you could have said...we are waiting from 3 years , what the hell going to happen in 30 Days...

Are they busy in approving the cases...or what...

Is the visa number the A# that I saw on the finger prints notice? If yes doesn't everyone gets that on their notice? Please can anyone clarify on this?

Is the visa number the A# that I saw on the finger prints notice? If yes doesn't everyone gets that on their notice?

I believe the A# you are referring to is the A(lien) file number. Each applicant is assigned one, yes. However, visa numbers are different. VNs are assigned when an I485 application is ready to be approved or has just been approved - the idea being that each approval reduces the available visa number total by 1. There is no limit to A numbers. Visa numbers, however, are subject to quotas as specified by immigration laws.