Spoke to IO at TSC

Thank you so much for this clarification Marooned42

I believe the A# you are referring to is the A(lien) file number. Each applicant is assigned one, yes. However, visa numbers are different. VNs are assigned when an I485 application is ready to be approved or has just been approved - the idea being that each approval reduces the available visa number total by 1. There is no limit to A numbers. Visa numbers, however, are subject to quotas as specified by immigration laws.

Finally got it, thanks a lot for this clarification Marooned42.

IND77
I have same issue with my transfer notice.
My original 485 RD is 29 April, 2004. Cases transfered from VSC to TSC on March 2nd, 2007 and I got a transfer notice in the form I-797c where RD shows May 18, 20054(which is the ND of my original I-485). I called TSC today regarding this and IO told me to get an infopass appointment, as he can't do anything about this.

EB3/India/PD OCT 2001
485 RD - Apr 2004
FP1 - Apr 2005
Primary approved May 2005
VSC -> TSC: 03/02/07
FP2 -May-5-2007
LUD - 5/8/07
SR opened on 6/18/07
Infopass -6/22/07-Security & Name check clear
I-485 AD:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how you guys connect to TSC but my WAC # always redirects me to CSC. And with all those crappy half truth half lie answers from IOs I just became fed up two months ago and stopped calling. Oh yeah, they promised me to directly email highly ranked IO supervisor to make the case processed within the snap of your fingers. You can guess what happened next. Nothing.

Well, I just wanted to say this topic reminds me denial of service attack. Curious to see what happens next. do they crash? :)

Using the POJ method I got the same rude useless lady officer twice. she even recognized my voice and said "you called 15 mins ago". both times i got connected immidiately though. she said "check your status online".

I also called today and spoke with AA IIO who was not extremely rude but completely useless. She asked for my case # and started the same song: " we do not give case status on the phone","call FBI to inquire on your NC status" :eek: "we have backlog and we are working" .........
I opened SR on May 9th and never got a response. I opened another one after waiting for 45 days and got not answer either .......

Talking to TCS’s IO is Waste

I am from non-retrogression country.
Called TCS, IO told me my case is in Complete Darkness, no visa number assigned, Security Clearance pending. She was very comprehensive in taking all details and gave me feelings that I will not going to get I-485 approval this Centry and Don’t call here again.
I had infoPass next day(07/10/2007) at Newark USCIS, here is update I got from infoPass:
1) Theoretically My case is approved, nothing pending, Security clearance is done.
2) Just waiting for assigned Immigration officer to open my case and approve it.
3) Wait for 60days, otherwise send them I-551 for to get delay reason for not getting GC.
What I feel, logical approved cases Stack is huge, all is need proper action from TCS immigration officer. Now on Luck will play major part in getting approval. Good Luck to every awaiting GC applicant.

i-485: RD: 12/15/2007
I-140:AP: 09/26/2007

Spoke to TSC IO - 07/11

Hey folks

I called the Texas Service Center first thing this morning. I believe they'd just opened and I had the good fortune to speaking with a reasonably friendly person. Some notes from my conversation...
a. She took my receipt number and reconfirmed my identity.
b. Right off the bat she told me that my case was received on April 7 2006 (first time I've heard the accurate filing date from TSC, and NOT the dumbass transfer date of March 15 2007).
c. Right off the bat, she also asked me whether I am aware that there are NO VISAS available until October.
d. I asked her if this means we should not anticipate any movement until October, and she said that was correct. So, I am not sure whether it means that visa numbers haven't been allocated to my case, or whether she was not aware of it but stating her opinion based on what she knows. NOTE: Up until the July mess, my dates had always been current; EB2 ROW, and I had been stuck in name check (cleared in May of 2007).
e. I mentioned to her that my fingerprints are expiring this month. She reconfirmed my mailing address, and said she would request a reschedule. I am not sure why she said its a reschedule, since I don't believe I was scheduled for one to begin with. I ensured that the FPs would be for self and spouse.
f. I asked her again whether she was aware if visa numbers have been allocated and she repeated that there won't be any visas available until October. I did not call her on recent approvals post July 2nd, since she seemed like she wanted to disengage the conversation and she had been pretty receptive of my questions thus far and I did not want to push any buttons (thereby having her be pissy at other folks who might call today).
And that was it. I thanked her for her time and hung up.

So.....I am now completely confused about the whole visa number game. C'est la vie.

My Brother just called TSC to change his adress. After the address change things were done, When he asked about the status of his application she looked into the system and said that pretty much any one filed with the receipt date until Sep 11th 2006 might get the approvals with in 60 days...

Not sure who to believe...but some news...

My brother case is just like mine, and also the IO officer made a SR as she told that your application is pretty old..three years..(Original receipt date)

KS_CC: It looks like you got the same friendly IIO that I did on 07/05/2007.
She told me my application was pre-adjudicated and everything looked good, but no visas were available at least until October 2007.
She may not have been lying intentionally, but SHE WAS WRONG!!
I had an infopass session on 07/09/2007 and the lady at the infopass told me a July Visa was allocated to my case.
I got a 'Card production ordered' email yesterday, and an 'approval sent' email today.

She told me my application was pre-adjudicated and everything looked good, but no visas were available at least until October 2007.
I had an infopass session on 07/09/2007 and the lady at the infopass told me a July Visa was allocated to my case.
I got a 'Card production ordered' email yesterday, and an 'approval sent' email today.

congrats!
Are we seing movement here? Dam, i hope so....

sachatur,
You had any LUD in last three days of June?
Thanks,

Question

sachatur:

My case is PERM EB 2 India too, with PD of 07/01/05.
So you are lucky! I have not seen any thing on my case yet. Me too had FP2 on 05/04/07.

was it a transfer case?

sachatur,

Mine is a transfer case from VSC to TSC.
Can I ask about your's?

Thanks

BTW- my RD is 10/03/05!

hmmm....

My RD is 10/03/05. Just checked it!
So my PD is 07/01/05 but RD is 10/03/05.

Looks like Sachatur's RD is ahead of mine. So they are processing as per RD NOT PD.

Interesting!

Just spoke with one...

I just spoke with one of IO (or somebody). It was surprising that she picked up the call right away. She asked me for the recipt number and said when they received the case. The date that she gave was the original from the I485. The case was filed in VSC so it was strange she said that they received it (I spoke with TSC). The she said that all the checks are cleared and everything looks good but they ran out of visa numbers therefore I have to wait till October. Hard to say what to tkink about all that mess. I had some LUDs recently. I`m waiting for the case inquiry opened on June 25. But I guess we have to put our hopes away till October...

EB2/India/PERM

My RD is 9/9/2005 but didn't hear any thing so far. Three weeks ago, I had a Congressional inquiry and got information that Every thing is clear waiting for officer to assign.

Today, first time I called TSC but didn't get any information. The lady didn't utter any word except call to Customer Service Center and have Service request.

hmmm....

My RD is 10/03/05. Just checked it!
So my PD is 07/01/05 but RD is 10/03/05.

Looks like Sachatur's RD is ahead of mine. So they are processing as per RD NOT PD.

Interesting!

CAUSA: No, no LUDs except 10/04/2006 for address change and then yesterday with "card production ordered".

greatgc: We are not a transfer case.

I would suggest you take an infopass or you ask the TSC IIO to look your case up with your A-numbers instead of the receipt numbers. My suspicion is that you get more accurate information with your A number, at least that was our case (TSC IIO used receipt number, Infopass IIO used A number).

This time, I have another theory: apart from RD and PD, cases are also sorted based on when they were deemed pre-adjudicated. We have been ready for a long time now, names checks and security checks were cleared sometime in 2006. Of course, I have nothing to substantiate this, just speculation.

Sachatur,
I also got the response from a lady today not sure if its same that my case looks good like name check is done and ready for approval, but because of non availability of visa numbers they cannot approve my case and i have to wait till october.

Do you think any one calling TSC IO is getting approvals soon or triggering them to open case.

I am not that lucky to get approval but just wondering.

EB3 India RIR Dec 2003
I-140/485 RD 4/27/2004
I-140 AD: 1/19/2005
FP1 : May 2005 (code 3)
FP2: May 2007 (code 1)
Name check cleared as per INFO pass
I-485 AD????