September 2005 cases

Catw0man

hi, catw0man,

What's your case catagoty? What's "EB1 RD" mean?

catw0man said:
Hi,

I have not seen much of movement in EB1 category here. Mine is EB1 with RD as Oct 1st with number as WAC06001*****

GC Crack, does your query restricted for EB2 category only? WOuld really be grateful, if you extend your search criterion to first week of Oct. It will be a great help for people like me :)

Thanks

Sri:

I think the most latest EB2 140 approval seems to be "jo_mama". See the his/her case details below:

EB2 RIR
PD - Dec 2002
Concurrent Filing:
Service Center: CSC
RD Sep 23, 2005
ND Sep 28, 2005
I-140: Approved on 03/06/2006

Sri_know said:
Hello GC_SEp05,
Is your case EB2.....Just wanted to see how EB2 is going...Looks like EB2 is running behind EB3...

Can any one tell, if I-140 is filed with Subst labor (not on paper), there might be delays experied in approvals..
thanks,
Sri

sorry catwoman, i dont have necessary info to search for Oct, i believe there are others who has ND in oct scanning for cases.

catw0man said:
Hi,

I have not seen much of movement in EB1 category here. Mine is EB1 with RD as Oct 1st with number as WAC06001*****

GC Crack, does your query restricted for EB2 category only? WOuld really be grateful, if you extend your search criterion to first week of Oct. It will be a great help for people like me :)

Thanks

Sri_know said:
Hello GC_SEp05,
Is your case EB2.....Just wanted to see how EB2 is going...Looks like EB2 is running behind EB3...

Can any one tell, if I-140 is filed with Subst labor (not on paper), there might be delays experied in approvals..
thanks,
Sri

yes it is EB2 RIR

Still waiting for I-140 approval. No LUD's after 9/28/05.

EB2-NIW (CSC)
I-140 RD: 9/23/05 ND: 9/27/05 LUD: 9/28/05

EB1 - C for multinational executive/managers. Though I got my EAD/AP long time back, LUDs are not updated.
Thanks

Based on a lot of posts, it seems the approval email sent out once a day at 12pm ET (9pm PT). But LUD can come out at any time. Am I right?

By the way, is there still any one in EB1b (OR) filed in Sep. 05 still pending in CSC?

Need help with wording on I-140 Approval Notice

Hi all,

If any of you have received a copy of your I-140 approval in EB2 classification from your company/ attorney, I will greatly appreciate if you can respond based on my question below.

My I-140 was filed and approved in EB2 category. The copy of the I-140 Approval Notice I received from my company attorney states the following under the 'Notice Type' - 'Section' - "Indiv w/Adv Deg or Exceptional Ability in the National Interest". On reading this, I made the assumption that this wording applies only to those whose cases have been approved in the NIW category (and since my case was not filed requesting a NIW) and wrote to my company attorney asking them to verify whether this was an error. However, they responded saying that I need not worry as my case has been appropriately approved in just the EB2 classification. They asked me to read the statement as "Indiv w/Adv Deg OR Exceptional Ability in the National Interest" (emphasis on 'OR') saying that my category was "Indiv w/Adv Deg" and that I should neglect the portion of the statement after the "OR" - they said that this correctly qualifies me in the right category and that the USCIS issues this as a standard notice for all EB2 cases - whether the alien may have an Advanced Degree, or whether they have an Exceptional Ability in the National Interest.

When I questioned them about the 2 being different categories in the biweekly USCIS processing status report, they said that this was the case only in terms of processing. When the cases are adjudicated, the approval notice contains this as the standard language.

However, I would like confirmation from some of you to verify whether this is indeed the case. Have any of you received a similar notice or is there something I need to be worried about? I would hate for this to be an error and then lead to any problems/ delays in the adjudication of the I-485 or in the extension of my EAD and AP.

I guess, the other reason I am worried and being paranoid about this is that when my case was initially filed, the USCIS had incorrectly classified it as an EB3 case (and indicated it as such on the I-140 Receipt Notice) and I had to follow-up with the attorneys to get this rectified. As such, I am slightly worried over whether this could be another mistake.

Will greatly appreciate any comments/ feedback from those who have gone through this or have some experience/ background to comment.

Best wishes,
Prats

CSC again slowed down

Not much of an activity this week.Compared to last week even approvals appeared to be less for this week.Hope CSC didn't change their priority from 140 processing to something else.

April Visa Bulletin.

APRIL VISA BULLETIN.

I also wonder why the slow down. Are they going to touch the WAC-06 cases ?
GC crack, Any updates from your scan program ?

Last edited by a moderator:
CSC might have slowed down around Sept 30th date as lot of EB2 apps might have been filed to get away with retrogression w/o sufficient documentation (as was encouraged)

eb2

Prats
My 140 was approved a couple of weeks ago under EB2. The approval notice I received reads the foll:

Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg,or
of Exceptn'l Ability
Sec. 203 (b) (2)

I think you are right in your thinking that your notice says EB2NIW not plain EB2.

Prats said:
Hi all,

If any of you have received a copy of your I-140 approval in EB2 classification from your company/ attorney, I will greatly appreciate if you can respond based on my question below.

My I-140 was filed and approved in EB2 category. The copy of the I-140 Approval Notice I received from my company attorney states the following under the 'Notice Type' - 'Section' - "Indiv w/Adv Deg or Exceptional Ability in the National Interest". On reading this, I made the assumption that this wording applies only to those whose cases have been approved in the NIW category (and since my case was not filed requesting a NIW) and wrote to my company attorney asking them to verify whether this was an error. However, they responded saying that I need not worry as my case has been appropriately approved in just the EB2 classification. They asked me to read the statement as "Indiv w/Adv Deg OR Exceptional Ability in the National Interest" (emphasis on 'OR') saying that my category was "Indiv w/Adv Deg" and that I should neglect the portion of the statement after the "OR" - they said that this correctly qualifies me in the right category and that the USCIS issues this as a standard notice for all EB2 cases - whether the alien may have an Advanced Degree, or whether they have an Exceptional Ability in the National Interest.

When I questioned them about the 2 being different categories in the biweekly USCIS processing status report, they said that this was the case only in terms of processing. When the cases are adjudicated, the approval notice contains this as the standard language.

However, I would like confirmation from some of you to verify whether this is indeed the case. Have any of you received a similar notice or is there something I need to be worried about? I would hate for this to be an error and then lead to any problems/ delays in the adjudication of the I-485 or in the extension of my EAD and AP.

I guess, the other reason I am worried and being paranoid about this is that when my case was initially filed, the USCIS had incorrectly classified it as an EB3 case (and indicated it as such on the I-140 Receipt Notice) and I had to follow-up with the attorneys to get this rectified. As such, I am slightly worried over whether this could be another mistake.

Will greatly appreciate any comments/ feedback from those who have gone through this or have some experience/ background to comment.

Best wishes,
Prats

No info on I-140 from CSC

Hi

I had concurrently filed my I-140 and I-485 at CSC under EB2-RIR,
with a RD of Sep 1, 2005. So far I have not heard anything on
my I-140 even though CSC is now processing cases filed on Sep 15, 2005. Online status check shows this as pending.

Are there other people in similar situation? Is there a way to find out
what happened to my case? Other people in my company who have
similar qualifications and filed around the same time got their I-140
approvals about 3-4 weeks ago.

Thanks for the help.

hi

dmpa said:
Hi

my I-140 even though CSC is now processing cases filed on Sep 15, 2005. Online status check shows this as pending.

Thanks for the help.
Initiate your inquiry through your employer or attorney.

****My RD is Sept.19th and don't see Any approval*** Need help

Hi
My RD is Sept19th 2005 and still my I-140 is not yet approved. I'm going through online case status. No LUD Change and no approval. I'm worried. Please help what I have to do. Any one in the same BOAT?

Cavenkat
CSC, EB2 RIR
I-140 & I-485 RD : Sept19th '05

jo-mama said:
There was an LUD change yesterday without a message change. Today after I received the email, I checked online status and there was an LUD change with the approval message.

Dont worry

cavenkat said:
Hi
My RD is Sept19th 2005 and still my I-140 is not yet approved. I'm going through online case status. No LUD Change and no approval. I'm worried. Please help what I have to do. Any one in the same BOAT?

Cavenkat
CSC, EB2 RIR
I-140 & I-485 RD : Sept19th '05
Looks like CSC is processing EB2 categories from sep15th(ND) to Sep end.So wait for two more weekes.

Do you have any LUD after Sep. 2005?

dmpa said:
Hi

Thanks for the help.

gc_crack help please

gc_crack said:
sorry catwoman, i dont have necessary info to search for Oct, i believe there are others who has ND in oct scanning for cases.
gc_crack,
can you check whether there is any touches on the 140 cases in your database? It looks like there is no activity as far as 140 is concerned.Also if anyone is scanning oct'05 cases, please post results.Thanks in advance.