San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

gc200407 said:
I have been reading this group for a long time. It is a very helpful group. Now I want to share my news with you.

RD: 1/30/2003
Code: 032
Certified: 7/22/2004
MS + 4 years
No REF, NO NOF

Work for a small company in LA area. The company then sold to a large financial company earlier this year.

How did you come to know about your certification.when I was trying ATM it is ringing continuously.

Meera Maria said:
hi gurus,

Yesterday, i called up DOL through my employer phone number. my lawyer told me that my case was transferred from SESA to DOL on 03/11/2004.

The DOL has updated the AVM, till March 15th 2004. There was two cases on March 1st 2004 and one case number on March 15th. I do not know, whether the March 15th receipt date case is my case number. how can I verify it?

1. Is the transfer date from SESA TO DOL ie. 03/11/2004 should be equal to the receipt date of DOL?

I am really concerned about this. thanks in advance.
''

Hello Meera
You can find out your Regional ID by trial and error in the
AVM of DOL CALIF.
call the no 415-975-4617 and
give employer phone number. It will give you your case id. if there
are more than one applications it will be hard to identify your. I got
mine by calling my office manager into DOL office and giving my name.
The number called is 415-975-4605.
Good luck
suresh.

Features in the proposed backlog reduction center

http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html#1

- Backog reduction centers only for Dallas and Philadelphia,followed by cases from the Atlanta, GA and Chicago, IL federal regions.

- Initially they are going to take cases only from Regional offices and not SWA.

Hmmm...looks like no end in sight for California applicants.

Remanded to State... What to do now...????????

I got an email from attorney that, they got 3 option letter and they opted for Remand to State. :confused:

After 2 1/2 years of waiting, this is what I got. I don't know what to do?
My company is a very big company with recent layoffs.

Can anyone in the forum, please advice me what to do. I have still 2 years of H1B Visa.

Your suggestions will greatly help me take further decisions.

Is there anyone knows about any company who can do labor substitution for me. Please respond me ...

- Thanks in Advance.
rr

jack144 said:
rgojji:

Is the dtae 1/22 what the AVM says or is it the date shown on the letter your lawyer received when your case was moved to DOL??

For me, the AVM says the RD is 1/22/2003 but the letter that my lawyer received when my case was moved to DOL shows RD as 02/19/2003. Mine is in received state too.

So it might be a good idea to ask your lawyer to send you a copy of the letter if you don't already have it.

rgojji said:
I got an email from attorney that, they got 3 option letter and they opted for Remand to State. :confused:

Can anyone in the forum, please advice me what to do. I have still 2 years of H1B Visa.

Is there anyone knows about any company who can do labor substitution for me. Please respond me ...

- Thanks in Advance.
rr

Hello RR
Sorry about your case. Its so disheartening after waiting 2.5 years.
If anything comes up I will message you.
By the way I'm waiting for my case whouch should be comeing shortly.
I was wondering whats option 3 letter?
good luck to u
babu.

how to find a placement company to get a GC?

Hi,

I have been waiting for my LC for such a long time now... I am about to give up on it.. given the looooong time it takes for the DOL to move...

A friend of mine was telling me that there are companies that can process your green card for you from a different state (like IOWA, where the whole process takes much less time). GC is for future employment, right? So, once your GC comes through, then you can go through them to work for any company -- they are like a placement company. Does anyone know any such company? Or, any idea where I can find such a company? Any leads would be appreciated.... I have to explore other options, right? Thanks, Rajib

Case Status

Hi

I got letter from my attorney saying that my case has been transfered to CA DOL in April-04.I want to call CA DOL & find out the status

What are the phone nos ? & What information do I need to give them for status on my specific case ?

Thanks in advance

Sandeep

Last edited by a moderator:
suggestions

rajibghosh said:
Hi,

I have been waiting for my LC for such a long time now... I am about to give up on it.. given the looooong time it takes for the DOL to move...

A friend of mine was telling me that there are companies that can process your green card for you from a different state (like IOWA, where the whole process takes much less time). GC is for future employment, right? So, once your GC comes through, then you can go through them to work for any company -- they are like a placement company. Does anyone know any such company? Or, any idea where I can find such a company? Any leads would be appreciated.... I have to explore other options, right? Thanks, Rajib

Dear friend.
I'm in the same boat almost. Except I will get an answer fro DOL in a
few weeks from now. Yest east cost is lot better. There are certain states
where u can get labor in 4 months!
Best way for you could be hook with a company in the East Coast and
do a future labor or join with them. BTW gc can be filed for future labor too.
svam.com is company in newyork. They do their LC in florida. Wyoming is
5 months labor. Find somebody there. Refer to this DOL site where they
post their processing times everymonth and pick a state accordingly.
You need to look at both state and federal times. In certain area state will
be fast but federal will screw u. Or otherway. So be watchfull.
http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp#state
Good luck to u friend.
You need that in railroad trucks to get GC!
babu.

how to identity the DOL case number?

hi suresh,

i called the dol phone number 415-975-4617 and then giving my employer phone number, i could get the case number till march 15 2004(for my employer). In this, there were 2 cases on march 1 2004 and next is 1 case on march 15th 2004 and after that there are no cases.

i will take your advice by telling my office manager to call the DOL office.

thanks

sbabunle said:
''

Hello Meera
You can find out your Regional ID by trial and error in the
AVM of DOL CALIF.
call the no 415-975-4617 and
give employer phone number. It will give you your case id. if there
are more than one applications it will be hard to identify your. I got
mine by calling my office manager into DOL office and giving my name.
The number called is 415-975-4605.
Good luck
suresh.

I wonder why your lawyers remanded it to state without asking you what to do about the 3 options.....

So does that mean your case will be in the state for another year before it goes back to Fed??? Anyway, I think you still can get 7th and 8th etc years extension on your H1

rgojji said:

- Thanks in Advance.
rr

I have a question for all those people whos cases have been remanded to the state due the 3 option letter. Has anyone of your cases been recalled by the Fed office and then certified ? (I am inquiring only about those cases that were remanded with 3 option letter, and not auto-remanded). To the best of my knowledge 3 option letter
cases are still sitting in the state office that too in the non-RIR queue and will take 2-3 yrs before it comes for processing.

Well I guess you are not clear with the process.... Fed will never re-call a case from state. Rather, state will move the case back to fed when the case is re-assesed according to the current state priority date. This could take anywhere from 1-3yrs.

jack144 said:
I wonder why your lawyers remanded it to state without asking you what to do about the 3 options.....

So does that mean your case will be in the state for another year before it goes back to Fed??? Anyway, I think you still can get 7th and 8th etc years extension on your H1

Very fustrated on this

Hi, fellow sufferers,

I have been in LC application for 4 years. The first time I sent my application to SESA was 2000 and after 1 and a half year, my lawyer informed me that my case was lost in the local office and I had to refile. :mad:

Then I resubmitted my case and this time my case got into regional office(RD is APR, 2003). I checked AVM and the processing time is Aug, 2003 for my state. :confused: (Is there anything missing? somebody pls gives me an explanation so I can assure myself that everything is fine)

I couldn't get a case no from my attorney and she told me that i will not have the case no until the regional office processes my case :confused: .(IS that the case?)

I really don't want to be screwed again this time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still a lot of Dec and Jan cases are in Received status. Randomly checked these:
09543646 999-113-031 received Dec 26, 2002
09544127 999-151-031 received Jan 2, 2003
09545112 999-151-031 received Jan 17, 2003

What is DOL doing :confused: :eek:

Attorney saying.. they did decision of going to NonRIR state queues taking my best into consideration, so that they can extend H1 after 7 years too.

But they don't have answer, why they didn't informed when they got 3 optoions letter.

I am worried a lot. What or my options now.. I don't know what to do? Is anyone knows any company can do labor for me as a future employee?

- rr

jack144 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.