San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certified!!

Hi all,

Certified per AVM on 07/14/2004 (waiting for confirmation from Lawyers)
D.O.T Code 999.172-072 (Electronics engineer, except computer)
DOL RD : 01/24/2003
Company: Mid Sized (Location: Bay Area)
Exp. : BS + 0

Sc3--Congratulations

Congratulations!
Could you share some details about your case, like if you receive asessment notice from SESA(state level), NOF from federal level? others.

Thanks.

Thanks. I dont think I got any NOF or assessment notices. What other detail are you looking for?

Sc3
xyr888 said:
Congratulations!
Could you share some details about your case, like if you receive asessment notice from SESA(state level), NOF from federal level? others.

Thanks.

I am for it!!

ascii said:
How about this guy:)
William L. Carlson, Chief, Division of Foreign Labor Certification, Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration,
200 Constitution Avenue NW., Room C4318 FP Building,
Washington, DC 20210
Phone: 202 693-3989
Fax: 202 693-2760
Email: carlson.william@dol.gov

Guys,
I think its a really good idea!! Lets get our acts together and sent a letter as soon as possible, I dont think we have anything to loose on this.

So who is going to come with a draft. Lets target by end of this week.

Thanks

Yeah, its a great idea too..... Considering the way things are going with DOL!

They used to process State+Fed Labor certification in 4month.... Right now it is like 2.5yrs.... soon it will be 5years!

Issues the letter might cover:

* Processing time
* Remands to State
* RIR to Non-RIR conversions after waiting for over 2 years
Any other issues??

goodphysq said:
Guys,
I think its a really good idea!! Lets get our acts together and sent a letter as soon as possible, I dont think we have anything to loose on this.

So who is going to come with a draft. Lets target by end of this week.

Thanks

Congrats!!

Its great to know that your app got through although you filed Bs+0 !!

Good luck for your next stages!!

Sc3 said:
Hi all,

I vote for it....

jack144 said:
Yeah, its a great idea too..... Considering the way things are going with DOL!

They used to process State+Fed Labor certification in 4month.... Right now it is like 2.5yrs.... soon it will be 5years!

Issues the letter might cover:

* Processing time
* Remands to State
* RIR to Non-RIR conversions after waiting for over 2 years
Any other issues??

Sc3 said:
Hi all,

Congrats SC3! Did your company have any layoffs?

Labor certified

Hi All,
Finally received the much awaited email from the attorney that LC application submitted on my behalf is certified. Though as per AVM LC was certified on July 2nd, still I was awaiting eagerly to hear from the attorney.
Thank you all
DOL recd date: 01/27/03

Extremely Slow....

I wanted to share some information from my lawyer which may already be know to most of you, but I am learning a lot from all your comments too.

"....
I called DOL for your status and there is no change in the status. They received your application from EDD on 09/22/2003.

Your DOL receipt notice was issued on March 2, 2004. Your application was received on 9/22/2003, it was not looked at or reviewed until 3/2/2004.

I do not know if this helps, but I received an approved AEC today that was received by DOL on 2/23/2003. If all goes well, I would say that there is another 7-8 months for DOL to review your application. ...."

Things are way too slow ..... :mad:

rbhan said:
Hi All,
Finally received the much awaited email from the attorney that LC application submitted on my behalf is certified. Though as per AVM LC was certified on July 2nd, still I was awaiting eagerly to hear from the attorney.
Thank you all
DOL recd date: 01/27/03

Congrats! Good news for all of us. Looks like the DOL is back on its feet. Can you share some more information like the DOT code, years of experience etc.?

Layoffs

It is not clear to me how the layoffs affect labor. Is it that the labor should not have been filed within 6 months of layoffs or that it should not be adjudicated during that time?

goal_gc,

Does your attorney mean to say that the cases received at SFO DOL in Feb'03 are getting certified?

Thanks

goal_gc said:
I wanted to share some information from my lawyer which may already be know to most of you, but I am learning a lot from all your comments too.

"....
I called DOL for your status and there is no change in the status. They received your application from EDD on 09/22/2003.

Your DOL receipt notice was issued on March 2, 2004. Your application was received on 9/22/2003, it was not looked at or reviewed until 3/2/2004.

I do not know if this helps, but I received an approved AEC today that was received by DOL on 2/23/2003. If all goes well, I would say that there is another 7-8 months for DOL to review your application. ...."

Things are way too slow ..... :mad:

News Paper Ad

Hello All,

I got the 3 option letter and my attorney decided to run one day Ad in a local news paper.My company is located in Menlo Park, CA and I am not sure which news paper would be best for this. (Attornies are located in the east coast and they have no clue what kind of news papers are available in this area)

Any suggestions?

San Jose Mercury News costs a lot to run an ad like this.

Palo Alto Daily News is very cheap, but this is a free news paper. Does it matter?

If we do receive any responses for this ad, what will happen?

thanks
Praveen
DOT 09545***
DOL RD 01-21-2003
3 Option Letter 24th June 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
rk4gc said:
You need to run it only once preferbly on Sunday news paper and wait for two weeks for response and send results. Total time from the RFE/NOF received and to send the response is 2 months.

I just spoke to my attorney regarding this and he mentioned any day in a week would be ok. So i think a weekday would be better for this purpose rather than a Sunday. rk4gc, Can you comment on this?

thanks
Praveen

How much experience you have when LC filed?

rr
DOT 09545***
DOL RD 01-22-2003

gc_baba said:
Hello All,

I got the 3 option letter and my attorney decided to run one day Ad in a local news paper.My company is located in Menlo Park, CA and I am not sure which news paper would be best for this. (Attornies are located in the east coast and they have no clue what kind of news papers are available in this area)

Any suggestions?

Palo Alto Daily News is very cheap, but this is a free news paper. Does it matter?

thanks
Praveen
DOT 09545***
DOL RD 01-21-2003

Last edited by a moderator:
rgojji said:
How much experience you have when LC filed?

rr
DOT 09545***
DOL RD 01-22-2003

I had MS + 2 year at the time of LC, but the lawyer put in only MS+0 in the application

--praveen

gc_baba said:
Hello All,

Any suggestions?

thanks
Praveen
DOT 09545***
DOL RD 01-21-2003

Status
Not open for further replies.