San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LC application was transmitted to DOL for final processing on 11/4/03

Here is my case
My company applied for greencard in December 2002 in EB2 (RIR)...my receipt date is December 16 2002...

Today I got the following email from my company lawyer...
What does it mean...?? Does it mean I have to wait for 2 -3 months for the state labor clearance

We received notification from EDD indicating that your labor certification
application was transmitted to DOL for final processing on 1)11/4/03. We will
contact you when we receive confirmation of receipt from DOL (approximately
2 - 3 months).

Can anyone give the steps involved in California GC Processing and the Time for each step

1)State labor---- 1 year
2)Federal Labor
3)...
4)..

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: LC application was transmitted to DOL for final processing on 11/4/03

That means you cleared your state and its forwarded to regional.. and you have to wait for further more time to clear at regional

Originally posted by pran10
Here is my case
My company applied for greencard in December 2002 in EB2 (RIR)...my receipt date is December 16 2002...

Today I got the following email from my company lawyer...
What does it mean...?? Does it mean I have to wait for 2 -3 months for the state labor clearance...

We received notification from EDD indicating that your labor certification
application was transmitted to DOL for final processing on 11/4/03. We will
contact you when we receive confirmation of receipt from DOL (approximately
2 - 3 months).

Kishuibm,

Thanks for immediate response...
Can you please give the steps involved in California GC Processing and the Time for each step.. Like

1)State labor---- 1 year
2)Federal Labor
3)...
4)..
5)...
6)..

and also when I can add spouse to the processing?

Its so long long process
as per your pd dates
state 11 months
federal 12 months
140 -1 year
then remaining 6 months .. it goes ...
But we dont know the processing speads .. its always depends ..
Originally posted by pran10
Kishuibm,

Thanks for immediate response...
Can you please give the steps involved in California GC Processing and the Time for each step.. Like

1)State labor---- 1 year
2)Federal Labor
3)...
4)..
5)...
6)..

and also when I can add spouse to the processing?

My company applied for my labor cetification from california in Oct 2001. On 11/13/2002 my lawyer received Transmittal Notice of RIR to DOL.

I received the verdict from DOL today. It is RIR Remanded to local SWA for supervised recruitment. What does it mean? What does SESA do when it receives remands from DOL? What are the chances of getting labor approved?

Sorry to hear that.
Did your attorney receive any "notice of findngs" before it was remanded or was it remanded without any notice?

Has DOL provided any kind of reason why it was remanded?
If so, you can fight the remand, giving additional documentation.

If you check previous posts, there are quite a few whose petitions got remanded and later had it approved by supplying additional docs. THat would be the best way to go.

Good luck.

Originally posted by palmapry
My company applied for my labor cetification from california in Oct 2001. On 11/13/2002 my lawyer received Transmittal Notice of RIR to DOL.

I received the verdict from DOL today. It is RIR Remanded to local SWA for supervised recruitment. What does it mean? What does SESA do when it receives remands from DOL? What are the chances of getting labor approved?

=
Currently the news in the grape vine is that SWA is returning those application back to DOL, and DOL will review the same to make a decision. Also DOL is waiting for a guidance from Washington on the way to proceed with these applications.

Could you please give us some information like
DOT Code
Job Requirements (BS/MS/Experience)
Size of the company etc.

Sorry about the multiple posts, something wrong with the submit button

Currently the news in the grape vine is that SWA is returning those application back to DOL, and DOL will review the same to make a decision. Also DOL is waiting for a guidance from Washington on the way to proceed with these applications.

Could you please give us some information like
DOT Code
Job Requirements (BS/MS/Experience)
Size of the company etc.

Same boat

I am pretty much in the same boat with 2 yrs remaining on my H1.My timeline is
7/2001 - Filed with SESA
8/2002 - Moved to DOL
5/2003 - Remanded back to state with no questions asked (at least that is what my attorney told me).I was told that the options they were given were
1. Withdraw the application
2. Move to NON-RIR.

State is processing 4/2001 right now and has been doing that for the past 1 yr or so....I am in a fix...I have 2 yrs remaining on my H1...I work for a slightly stable (but had layoffs) startup and current GC application is not moving.Sometimes I think about dumping the current GC application and moving to some other state and file a new application but then I think about the 2 1/2 yrs that I have already invested...there was some talk about some application for ppl with 5th yr on H1 and also the PERM....I am hoping something might come to my rescue but patience is starting to give up now

question to bbi

I am happy to share with you this good news: according the AVM system, my LC has been certified a few days ago. Hope it is true. Here is some detailed information:

DOT code: 999-151-032
Job title: R&D engineer
RIR EB2
Position requires MS degree with 2+ experience.
Employer is Bay area mid-size company, minor layoffs
Received at DOL: Aug. 2002
Remanded: June 2003
No NOF as far as I know
Not sure if attorneys have taken any actions for my case, probably not.

Good luck to you all!

Hi bbi,

Can you send the details of which company u work for to my inbox if u dont want to post here. I am sure we are both working for the same company from the details and youyr designation you provided here. I am also in the same boat as you, remanded to state. So it would be really helpful if you can let me know more details. My email address is smuppane@yahoo.com

Thanks,
smuppane

Question to forum

Hello All,

Did anyone who recieved a RFI from SESA, go on to be certified or remanded

I did recieve an RFI from SESA and later they transferred to DOL RD 12/16/2002

After talking to an AILA lawyer I found out that DOL has been asked to certify cases which have 2+ exp. However there may be a problem if a case had received an RFI from SESA and then transferred to DOL.

Was trying to see if this is going to be a problem for me, BTW they have set a requirement of BS +5yrs in my case

Regards,

Question to Palampry

Palmapry

Could you post your case details? Also did you receive RFI from SESA before your case was transferred to DOL

My dates are very close to yours
I dont know my DOT code, however I know that it is not under development category.

Hope you case get resolved with favorable results.

Regards,

Re: Re: Me too: LC certified after remand

Hi gc927,

Did the DOL official tell you when EDD/SESA is going to return the remanded cases?

Thanks
markm

most of the Labor Certifaction Applications to DOL
Originally posted by gc927
Congrats bbi, hara kagaz !!!

This is really great news.

Some more update....
According to an official in San Francisco DOL (whom I have been
exchanging emails for the last few months since my LC was
remanded), "the EDD/SESA (State Department) is going to return
most of the Labor Certifaction Applications to DOL (SFO) that
were remanded to them earlier this year."

These are his exact words (no more and no less). After hearing
about cases of bbi, hara kagaz, I would tend to believe his words.

Although, I have to wait and see if my case really gets certified.
Good luck to all of us.

Re: Re: Re: Me too: LC certified after remand

As I said in my original post, those were his exact words (no more
and no less). I do not know the dates, to tell you frankly.

However, I also wrote to him that I have heard rumors that
few of the remanded cases have been approved. To this he
replied "It is possible that a few of the returned cases have
been certified by the U. S. Department of Labor." This should
probably give us some hint, that some cases might have already
been sent back by EDD to DOL.

Again, let us just wait and hope for the best.
Originally posted by markm
Hi gc927,

Did the DOL official tell you when EDD/SESA is going to return the remanded cases?

Thanks
markm

most of the Labor Certifaction Applications to DOL

Status
Not open for further replies.