San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsk_gc,

Thanks for update. Looks like DOL favor cases with
BS + 5 or more years experience with small companies and no or very few layoffs.

Confusing part is, I have got NOF in late May which was replied by early june 2003. But no updates from DOL/attorney. Attorney says CA DOL and Fed DOL are negotiating, till then are no actions on NOF's. How come two of your companies got rejected? :confused: (If approved, i would have complained :) )

I heard people saying the CA DOL is negotiating with FED DOL. What does it mean? Are they going to fix that mess?
I think that people who has H1 or any other kind of work VISA should be approved. This is ridiculous. I have been working for the same company for 6 six years. If I was going to cause problems on job market, I would have caused already.
Please can somebody tell what they are negotiating.
Thank you.

Originally posted by hanuman_chalisa
lsk_gc,

Confusing part is, I have got NOF in late May which was replied by early june 2003. But no updates from DOL/attorney. Attorney says CA DOL and Fed DOL are negotiating, till then are no actions on NOF's. How come two of your companies got rejected? :confused: (If approved, i would have complained :) )

All of us got NOFs this year: in March and June. All were replied to and we were waiting for a reply. The last I talked to the lawyer, CA DOL was in some negotiations with Fed DOL. I am guessing that the meeting is done and then we had rejections. I have not yet heard from my laywer on my case, except that he has sent two reminders (faxes) with no reply.

Originally posted by aluisa
I heard people saying the CA DOL is negotiating with FED DOL. What does it mean? Are they going to fix that mess?
Please can somebody tell what they are negotiating.

My take:

Fed DOL was remanding a lot of apps in the RIR category back to CA DOL. But, CA DOL did not want to do more work. So, they complained to Fed DOL. And, so comes the meeting to discuss the options.

The expected outcome can be:
- Fed DOL takes the final decision on the case and does not forward it back to CA DOL. For this, it might send NOFs to the companies and take appropriate action.
- Fed DOL forwards it back to CA DOL.

Some of us, who have replied to the NOFs, are awaiting the outcome of the meeting.

Remand to State changed to Received...

Hi Guys.

One case from my company which had been remanded to state is now showing up as Received again on the AVM. Other cases with dates close by to the first one though, are still saying Remanded to State.

Any idea?

GCIntezaar

With DOL's inconsitency over things any thing is possible.

a) Pessimistic approach = It might just be an AVM error. Check after a week to make sure the status remains the same.
b) Optimistic approach = It might be resent from SESA to DOL or DOL just decided to open the case again. If you can post the DOT code and the dates it would be helpfull to this thread.

this is disgusting!!!!!@#$!#$

we're stuck on November....and nov and nov etc..im sick and tired of waiting

PD 07/09/02
PD @ DOL 05/23/03

Hi Remanded Guys,

Any updates!!!!!!!I dont konw how long we have to wait like this!!!!!!!.Frustration beyond the limit!!!!!

Regards
Raj:mad:

Good news

Hi Guys

Hope this helps the guys waiting for Labor,

my LC was approved.
DOL recvd date Nov 4, 2002

reval_wait:D

Plan B: Options for the worst case:

Hi People,

I have been thinking about Plan B in case the LC is REJECTED. This way, I can keep my mind occupied and not worry about what DOL is going to do. With regards to that, I have compiled a few questions and points. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

If the LC is rejected, I guess I have to wait for 6 months before applying right??

If within the 6 month wait, PERM is not yet active, then my company can reapply. If I reapply, can I take into consideration the experience I have gained with my current company??

If PERM is active within the 6 month waiting period, then I have a serious problem. My company does not qualify.
for PERM. So, I guess I have to search for another company which qualifies for PERM && is willing to apply a Green Card on my behalf. It would be good for all to find out if their company will qualify for PERM or not.

While I am waiting for my LC from my current company, I have learnt from this forum that I can also apply for another LC from a different company. Let us say I apply through a consultant company. At what point in the Green Card process (LC, I-140, 485)do I have to change companies??

At this point, I am greatly willing for my case to be REMANDED to state instead of being REJECTED. This way atleast, I could get another few years of H1 extensions, hopefully. Any disadvantages with this approach, apart from another few years of waiting??

Lemme know what you folks think about this course of action. Can we add some more options to this list?? Opinions??

- lsk_gc

DesiPardesii

Here is what I know,
EB2, RIR mid-size company (4500 employees), bay area no layoffs, DOT code was 999.151-031. I have MS and job requirements was MS with 3 yrs exp.

I am not sure what NOF is but as far as I know didn't have any issues either at State level or Federal level.

Kind of consider myself lucky though it took almost two years but didn't face any issues either at state or federal level.

hope this helps
reval_wait

lsk_gc,

My opinions.
1. Don't know
2. Job requirements for GC = H1B job description (Now i have 5 years exp. but my H1B had 2 years :( )
3. I was following PERM when it was in its early stages, but i guess PERM is always in *near future* and never a reality.
4. During 485 stage. (I think its different company, different location, check murthy.com faq's or murthy chat)
5. Some companies are not willing for 7th year ext., hidden message, go back. What if H1B ext. gets rejected?

lsk_gc,

You cant use the experience gained from your current company for GC, so the experience will be the resume which you sent to your company when you joined them. If you change your company, you can use the experience gained from previous company. So based on your idea to apply from another "shell" company - you may use your experience from your current company.

Six yrs expiring

All,

If I leave the country for a year on a "project" working for the same company == headquarters in another country, but remain on the payroll of the same company in the US,

Will that be considered as year out of the country legally so that I can get a fresh six year H1b visa???

Regards,
SS1123

Does anyone know if I can apply GC in another state when I work in California. I have been waiting for my LC for over 2 years and totally lost hope for California. I find another company which can support my GC and need me to work in their California office, but they also have an office in Iowa. I know it is OK to apply LC in Iowa when I work in Calfiornia. How about I-140 and I-485? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

Labor approved after auto remand

Hi,

I received mail from lawyer saying my
labor was approved.

SESA :- July 3 2001
RD :- may3 2002 DOL.
EB2
RIR
MCA 3 years experience.
Sr SOFTWARE ENGG
Infamous DOT code
Company Startup, very small
SF Bay Area
No lay offs, transfer to india subsidary (2 people).
received NOF

Our HR / Lawyer replied with applied canidates

Automatic Remand to state

Apporval letter now :)

job description required 5 yrs with MS or 3 yrs with MS

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.