San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can file as many LC as you want from one or more states. It's like H1 (you can have more than one H1s).

I think those having single office employer in CA can't do anything except to join new company but certainly others have options. I get frustated when I see my colloages here waving GC even when they started late.

My RD date is quite close and I'm being impatient. Don't know but this way I would exhaust my H1 quote. Also this is helping Employers to keep H1 on same wage (as someone said no shift or salary change until GC).

I did not know that one state is different from other in such a developed nation like America. May God give us Strength.

No update for another 30-60 days

According to the lawyer don't expect the DOL to make a decision about RIR cases for another 30-60 days!!!!

I have tried calling the SFO AVM at 415-975-4617 but I only hear rings and no person/automated machine.

Is there any special procedure to call to get a status by case # ? Please advise. I know that my case was approved from state labor and sent to federal.

Thanks in Advance

No special procedures exist, if the AVM does not respond, then it is down, or busy - Try again after a while.

Originally posted by sushil27
I have tried calling the SFO AVM at 415-975-4617 but I only hear rings and no person/automated machine.

Is there any special procedure to call to get a status by case # ? Please advise. I know that my case was approved from state labor and sent to federal.

Thanks in Advance

Hi

Today I tried AVM.After 2 rings the same message is repeating like yr case is remanded!!!!!!!!!

Regards
Raj

Hanuman_chalisa,
i am not aware of any other way to know. This is just what my lawyer told me.

DesiPardesi,

My RD date is even closer than your, it's Nov 20th, 2002. Think of my situation!:(

- :confused:

Originally posted by DesiPardesii
You can file as many LC as you want from one or more states. It's like H1 (you can have more than one H1s).

I think those having single office employer in CA can't do anything except to join new company but certainly others have options. I get frustated when I see my colloages here waving GC even when they started late.

My RD date is quite close and I'm being impatient. Don't know but this way I would exhaust my H1 quote. Also this is helping Employers to keep H1 on same wage (as someone said no shift or salary change until GC).

I did not know that one state is different from other in such a developed nation like America. May God give us Strength.

WaitingInHell, I can understand. What I was trying to say is that DOL, CA sux. This whole thread is just kinda wastage of time because DOL is not doing anything now a days.

I was much more relaxed in 1st year when my case was in SESE. I did not know about this site and did not care what is happening with my case. After seeing what is happening outside I'm getting more anxious and panic by visiting this forum. That way we don't know where our case actually is. We put our energy somewhere else (learn new things!)

Else I would wait for 6 more months and get LC result.

Ignorance is bliss. Just my thoughts.

any news about PERM?

Hi,
I am keep monitoring at this thread as I am also in the same boat. Beside the current CA DOL situation, I havn't heard anything about PERM for a while. Anybody known what happened for that? Any chance we get benift from PERM in case we failed in RIR?

lxx2003

From what I've heard PERM may be do more harm than good and is likely to benefit only a chosen few. Check out Murthy.com for more details as they have a detailed articles on the proposed PERM regulation. The release of PERM has been a moving target for the last 2 years and is now in the first quarter of 2004 with no promises made.

Some bad news:

Originally posted by hanuman_chalisa
lisansw,

My attorney update is, CA DOL and Fed DOL are negotiating and until then wait. This is happening to cases which got NOF in late May/Early June 2002.

In short from attorney, wait till DOL updates them.

I was told the same thing: I am waiting since Aug 2001 (june 2002 txed to DOL, rxed NOF in June 2003). Dunno the DOT code/Case number.

But, the meeting between CA DOL and Fed DOL does not seem to have gone well for us.

Three people (whom I know) in my company - big bay area company with layoffs - had got NOFs around March-June of 2003. I got it in June. Of the three, I know of two cases which was REJECTED last week. One of them was EB3 and one was EB2: both with a Masters degree. I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best as I am in a similar boat.

Supposedly, they are in the 6 month wait before reapplying. But, if PERM comes in before that, then the lawyer told us that my company does not qualify => screwed again.

Ah well.. now is the time for thinking options.

- lsk_gc

Co Doesnot qualify for PERM??

Can you please clarify by what you meant by saying 'Co doesnot qualify for PERM'. Are there any defined criteria/qualification given by DOL/anybody else saying about the qualifications.

If you or anybody else knows about this info can you please direct me to that. I want to know if my CO will qualify for that.

Thanks

Re: Co Doesnot qualify for PERM??

Originally posted by surya369
Can you please clarify by what you meant by saying 'Co doesnot qualify for PERM'. Are there any defined criteria/qualification given by DOL/anybody else saying about the qualifications.

The lawyer did not specify the details: he/she avoided it by saying that the PERM details are not yet out, but he/she mentioned that some strict rules will be in place which will disqualify my company in the immediate future.

As an aside, please check out the following for some concerns with the PERM process.

http://www.murthy.com/UDconper.html

- lsk_gc

lsk_gc,

Thanks for update. Its actually not a very good news.

Can you please share more information of
two cases which got rejected.

Job-Description: S/w engg/System-analyst/marketing ..
Job-requirement: MS + x years
Job Location: Bay area/Souther california

Anyway to check the status

Hi Guys

Except the phone system (which never seems to work) is there any way you can find the status of your application.

Last time the phone system was up ---it said application received on Nov 4...

There is no news from DOL on my case or any update, any Nov 2002 cases heard anything please let me know...

thanks
reval_wait

Re: Anyway to check the status

Looks like CA DOL has determined that the AVM is too much of a customer service....

Originally posted by reval_wait
Hi Guys

Except the phone system (which never seems to work) is there any way you can find the status of your application.

Last time the phone system was up ---it said application received on Nov 4...

There is no news from DOL on my case or any update, any Nov 2002 cases heard anything please let me know...

thanks
reval_wait

Re: hanuman chalisa

Originally posted by hanuman_chalisa
lsk_gc,

Can you please share more information of
two cases which got rejected.

Job-Description: S/w engg/System-analyst/marketing ..
Job-requirement: MS + x years
Job Location: Bay area/Souther california

Sorry. My company does not disclose how it filed the app (DOT code and such). But, the position is a Software Design Engineer - Systems Software. Requirement is a Master's degree and the company is in the South Bay Area. I do not think there was an experience requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.