San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on my case,

Hello Forum members.
My case was auto remanded in June 03, was sent back to DOL on Jan 9th 04. The AVM still keeps saying "Returned by State after a Remand".
Spoke with the HR person today who spoke with the Lawyer today. Apparently the analyst working on mycase had called the Lawyer with question regarding the Recruiment efforts by my company. The lawyer answered all the questions and also sent written answers to the questions.
Well Thats where the case stands, Dont know when this happened, but as far as I know it was around the first week of Feb.
AVM still says the same thing.
Anybody else had similar experience??

DOL receipt

Hello all,

My company received a letter from CA state saying that my labor was approved and transferred to DOL on Jan 7th. But we havn't received anything from DOL. It has been almost 2 months. Is this normal? How long does it usually take to get the case number from DOL after the case gets transferred.

Thanks
-Seshu

Auto remanded cases

To all the Gurus of this forum,

1. Any idea on what date DOL is currently working on for auto-remanded cases?

2. Lately has the DOL been sending the 3-option letter
to the auto-remanded cases?

Thanks

Re: DOL receipt

These days it is taking quite a while (4-6 months) before DOL is processing the application from State - but you will still get to keep the Jan 7th date as the day they received the application.

Originally posted by pasam
Hello all,

My company received a letter from CA state saying that my labor was approved and transferred to DOL on Jan 7th. But we havn't received anything from DOL. It has been almost 2 months. Is this normal? How long does it usually take to get the case number from DOL after the case gets transferred.

Thanks
-Seshu

Most probably lost in processing or mail. have attorney call them and get a copy. Did your attorney change address since it went out to the state two years ago? Just food for thought!

Hello all,

Thanks
-Seshu

Hello all,

Thanks
-Seshu

It took me 6 months to actually get the receipt.
So you have a lot of time.
And you dont lose your priority date with DOL. So dont worry.

LC approved

Job Description : Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
Job requirement: MS+0 (I have MS+2)
Received Regional Office: 12/16/2002
Local office : 12/10/2001
Certified, received email from attorney 3/02/2004

mid-size company, southern california, some lay-offs

got 3-option letter, re-test job market replied on 1/28/2004

best wishes

dec cases

this is probably the first case with a december recieved date ,getting approved.

my case is with a received status on decemeber 9 2002 ( DOL) in the software applications category .

does any one in the software applications category , with a received date in december 2002 got approved ?

Are May cases forgotten?

Guys,

Look at the posts in this forum, I don't know what my feeling is. So many November cases (even one December case) have been certified (Congratulations to them!), however, some May cases like me, lsk_gc and iamconfused are still sitting in the dark.

Many people here said the working experience requirement in your job description is important, like MS+3yrs. I reviewed my job description and found no such a requirement in it. However, my case was filed under EB2, does that imply MS+0 or BS+5?

This morning, I randomly checked some cases around my case number thru AVM. They are all May cases, some are "CERTIFIED", some are "REMANDED", some are "RECEIVED", but one says "Its Notice of Findings Rebuttal has been received." Does anybody know what this status means? This is the first time I hear such kind of status. Also, for those who have received NOF (3-option letter) and replied (especiall lsk_gc and iamconfused), have your case status been changed to something else instead of "RECEIVED"?

I'm looking forward to your favorable reply.

heha
3/2/04

Re: Are May cases forgotten?

Heha,

EB2 implies BS+5 or MS+0 years.

The 'NOF Rebuttal Received' status means that DOL issued a NOF and your lawyer/company issued a reply to DOL's NOF. When DOL receives this reply (or rebuttal), they change the status to 'NOF Rebuttal Received'.

I've been monitoring a couple of cases from my company, and I have seen what you describe about May-September cases. Some of these still show the 'Received' status, while Nov-Oct cases have been certified.

Originally posted by heha
Guys,

Look at the posts in this forum, I don't know what my feeling is. So many November cases (even one December case) have been certified (Congratulations to them!), however, some May cases like me, lsk_gc and iamconfused are still sitting in the dark.

Many people here said the working experience requirement in your job description is important, like MS+3yrs. I reviewed my job description and found no such a requirement in it. However, my case was filed under EB2, does that imply MS+0 or BS+5?

This morning, I randomly checked some cases around my case number thru AVM. They are all May cases, some are "CERTIFIED", some are "REMANDED", some are "RECEIVED", but one says "Its Notice of Findings Rebuttal has been received." Does anybody know what this status means? This is the first time I hear such kind of status. Also, for those who have received NOF (3-option letter) and replied (especiall lsk_gc and iamconfused), have your case status been changed to something else instead of "RECEIVED"?

I'm looking forward to your favorable reply.

heha
3/2/04

Re: Re: Are May cases forgotten?

Originally posted by global_goonda
Heha,

The 'NOF Rebuttal Received' status means that DOL issued a NOF and your lawyer/company issued a reply to DOL's NOF. When DOL receives this reply (or rebuttal), they change the status to 'NOF Rebuttal Received'.

global_goonda,

Thanks for your reply. But it will be a big problem for me if what you said is true. As I posted before, I got NOF in last April, and the reply was forwarded to DOL in last June, my current case status is still "RECEIVED". Does that mean DOL hasn't received my NOF reply yet, after 9 month???

Please correct me if I misunderstood your point.

Thanks,

heha

BS + 0

Hello, windrv

I read your post about your certified LC. Congras!!

so you case was filed as programmer, BS + 0, right? Mine was in same category. From a tiny company as well. I worry about that a lot. I actually have MS + 2. But the lawyer said it was a common practice to do BS + 0, it make other stuff like 140,485 easy.

I learned that you did a re-test market? did your employer/lawyer changed the AD to make it requires more, or they still used BS + 0?

Thank you very much!

Maggie

Originally posted by windrv
Thanks.

My case info:
DOL rd: 11/2/20002
Requirement: BS+0 (I have MS+3)
Company size: tiny (20+ people)
DOT code: 999.151 - 021 (Programmer)
Certified on: Feb 20, 2004 (from AVM, not yet received from layawer)

We are requested to re-test market once.

Bless to everybody here. Since I can get LC certified, you can, too!

Re: Are May cases forgotten?

This is the first time I hear such kind of status. Also, for those who have received NOF (3-option letter) and replied (especiall lsk_gc and iamconfused), have your case status been changed to something else instead of "RECEIVED"?

Heha,

Unfortunately, my company does not give out case numbers. I used the link:

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

to see if I could find my case number, but my case does not seem to be in this data base as none of the dates match. So, all I know is what my lawyer tells me.

But, there has been a case where in the lawyer has not informed the employee of the LC being rejected until the 6 months have been over. I am hoping my case does not fall into that bucket. Lets see.

- lsk_gc

Remanded cases status

Hi Guys

My case was auto remanded to state on Aug 07 2003. I just checked the AVM, it still says "remanded to state". Mine case was received on DOL on Oct 25, 2002 with DOT code 999.151.032. I spoke with my lawyer and he confirmed that the requirement for my position is BS + 5 years.
I heard that DOL is now processing cases received in Nov, 2003. I am just wondering that have they stopped working on auto remanded cases. Any ideas?????

Thanks
VMK

Re: Re: Are May cases forgotten?

Originally posted by lsk_gc
Heha,

Unfortunately, my company does not give out case numbers. I used the link:

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

to see if I could find my case number, but my case does not seem to be in this data base as none of the dates match. So, all I know is what my lawyer tells me.

But, there has been a case where in the lawyer has not informed the employee of the LC being rejected until the 6 months have been over. I am hoping my case does not fall into that bucket. Lets see.

- lsk_gc

Well, you're even blinder than me. Why don't your company tell you the case number? That's not fair.

I used the link you provided and found out my case record. The Event_Desc column is "Received Reginal Office". And the NofIssued column is empty. I checked some other certified, remanded or denied cases, many of them have "Y" in the NofIssued column.

Now I'm a little confused and worried. What does that mean? DOL didn't issue NOF to my case? But obviously they did. DOL hasn't received my NOF reply yet? I cannot image that since my reply was submitted 9 months ago. Then the last thing I can say is that this database is not accurate at all. They may update information for the cases that they are processing or have processed. For those pending cases, this database cannot tell you anything more than you know.

heha

Remanded cases

Are the remanded people still active in this thread? I don't see them posting anymore. Looks like most of them are processed by now

Also, according to my lawyer, there's only 2-4 officers in that regional office handling all our cases. Can you believe that? How many cases are there? a few houndred thousand? Just 2-4 people.

Retest

Hi,

First my details:

Auto-remand date: July 10th, '03
Returned to DOL: Jan 7th, '04
Req: MS+0yrs
DOT code: 999-151-032 (software developer)
Company: 1000 people company in the Bay Area with several but minor unpublicized layoffs

The company recieved the 3-option NOF letter on Feb 18th. Currently, the HR dept is leaning towards remanding my case, as they fear a one-day retest might generate as much as 50 responses, and all the resumes have to be forwarded to the DOL.

Could folks on this forum with MS+0yr exp. req. share their experiences with retest or narrate similar cases they might be aware of.

Also, is it true that all resumes recieved must be forwarded to the DOL.

Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Are May cases forgotten?

The AVM also tells you the date on which the status was updated. Is this date different than the "DOL-received" date in your case, or is it the same?

If these two dates are the same, then DOL has obviously not updated their database. This would be cause of concern.

If they are different, and the status date is close to when your lawyer replied to the NOF, then DOL has updated your case with the wrong status.

In either case, try to get your lawyer to speak to someone at DOL to follow-up on your case.

I have a couple of May-June cases (one with NOF) in my company. I'll post any updates.

global_goonda,

Thanks for your reply. But it will be a big problem for me if what you said is true. As I posted before, I got NOF in last April, and the reply was forwarded to DOL in last June, my current case status is still "RECEIVED". Does that mean DOL hasn't received my NOF reply yet, after 9 month???

Please correct me if I misunderstood your point.

Thanks,

heha

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.