S. 1932 Status

ram_ram said:
immigration-law.com
12/18/2005: Both Houses May Pass S. 1932 Without Immigration Packet Today

Unconfirmed sources indicate that in order to pass the negotiated S. 1932 in the House that has adamantly opposed the immigration bill as part of the budget reconciliation bill, the House leadership has reportedly negotiated and agreed to take out the immigration packet from the S. 1932, and both the House and the Senate may pass the finally negotiated S. 1932 bill today. Please stay tuned

It is still only SPECULATION by immig law. DO NOT DAMPEN YOUR SPIRITS We do not have any official news yet.

Sorry to post this

Got it from this site http://www.immigration-law.com

Unconfirmed sources indicate that in order to pass the negotiated S. 1932 in the House that has adamantly opposed the immigration bill as part of the budget reconciliation bill, the House leadership has reportedly negotiated and agreed to take out the immigration packet from the S. 1932, and both the House and the Senate may pass the finally negotiated S. 1932 bill today. Please stay tuned.

Senate adjourned just now

Senate has adjourned. It will come back 6:00 P.M. EST tomorrow for
consideration of the conference reports

Oh-immigration Update

From OH-Immigration website. - "Unconfirmed sources indicate that in order to pass the negotiated S. 1932 in the House that has adamantly opposed the immigration bill as part of the budget reconciliation bill, the House leadership has reportedly negotiated and agreed to take out the immigration packet from the S. 1932, and both the House and the Senate may pass the finally negotiated S. 1932 bill today. Please stay tuned. "

For all of them who are sending FAXES, please donot stop sending faxes or making calls.

S.8001 not included in the negotiations means that there is no OPPOSITION within the CONGRESS, and hence no need of negotiation with Senate.

Lawyers and anti immigration lobbyist want us to be discouraged and stop lobbying and sending FAXES and Making CALLS, so that they can further their agenda

KEEP THE GOOD WORK AND S.8001 WILL SAIL THROUGH WITH S.1932.

THANKS.... MAY GOD BLESS US ALL.. WITH ENERGY TO PASS THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIMES...

Stop worrying about website "reports"

The terms "Unconfirmed sources" and "reportedly negotiated" is
explanation enough. Please do not let this dampen your spirits. The
conference reports have not been decided. Just now on C-Span they
were saying that the Senate will come back tomorrow evening to
consider the conference reports. So I believe we STILL HAVE TIME.
Please take this up with urgency and resume calling and faxing.

thumbs up....

immigration-law.com menctioned this type of -ve reports in past.
pls pls dont take in account thos unconfirmed report...

Continue sending faxes and calling...I just sent faxes to all members for myself and my wife. PLEASE do not make any assumptions...

Mathews from Immigration-law.com is the only attorney helping us. Dont loose him by these negative comments. Please give a single instance where his information is utterly wrong.

dc9900 said:
immigration-law.com menctioned this type of -ve reports in past.
pls pls dont take in account thos unconfirmed report...

I have sent faxes along with 9 others.... called again few.....
few more left, will call now ....

Please continue sending faxes and do not forgot to call too/

i think we will win tomorrow - i have no doubt.

great work all !!!!

ram_ram said:
Mathews from Immigration-law.com is the only attorney helping us. Dont loose him by these negative comments. Please give a single instance where his information is utterly wrong.
Agreed - he has been of immense help - actually the best among all the "prominent" lawyers. But like I said before terms "Unconfirmed sources" and "reportedly negotiated" means it is not for sure. The conference reports have not been decided. So I believe we STILL HAVE TIME.Please take this up
with urgency and resume calling and faxing. There have been cases where things have turned around at the last moment. So let us PLEASE CONTINUE. Remember there are thousands of industries who need H1s - which are linked to this. So please do not give up now.

we will win. we will call and send faxes. we will hear tomorrow 8001 included.

i have just created another user id to send faxes, i will complete sending atleast 30 faxes today.

Sandeep_N said:
Agreed - he has been of immense help - actually the best among all the "prominent" lawyers. But like I said before terms "Unconfirmed sources" and "reportedly negotiated" means it is not for sure. The conference reports have not been decided. So I believe we STILL HAVE TIME.Please take this up
with urgency and resume calling and faxing. There have been cases where things have turned around at the last moment. So let us PLEASE CONTINUE. Remember there are thousands of industries who need H1s - which are linked to this. So please do not give up now.

Guys:

No one can say for sure what is official and true. There is so much at stake for all of us. Anyway all this is going to be resolved for sure within couple of days. So, please continue calling the Senators / congressmen just for one more day....

Unanswerable questions

Canadian Dream, you are asking unanswerable questions. We have the hardest time even getting to talk to a Congressman, and you want the contents of the conference report before it becomes public?

I am having the hardest time understanding where you are coming from.

Canadian_Dream said:
We have so far three source pointing that the entire immigration packet has been dropped. Can anyone confirm otherwise ? I am not trying to be negative but wondering if anyone through their contact can find out what is happening ?

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/#comment
Immigration Daily has learned that Section 8001 of S. 1932, sorely needed by the immigration community, was included in initial drafts of the budget reconciliation conference report, and was later pulled, ostensibly under pressure from a handful of Republican House members who threatened to vote against the reconciliation conference report if it included immigration benefits relief provisions.

Shusterman.com News Ticker
http://www.shusterman.com

also Mathew Oh's
http://www.immigration-law.com

12/17/2005: Both Houses May Pass S. 1932 Without Immigration Packet Tomorrow

Unconfirmed sources indicate that in order to pass the negotiated S. 1932 in the House that has adamantly opposed the immigration bill as part of the budget reconciliation bill, the House leadership has reportedly negotiated and agreed to take out the immigration packet from the S. 1932, and both the House and the Senate may pass the finally negotiated S. 1932 bill tomorrow. Please stay tuned.

All articles are citing that it is withdrwan under pressure from house. We also know that Hosue member responsible for negotiation Lamar Smith has publicy stated his opposition.
I know all of these are speculation but can all of these be wrong ? Can we find out what's in the conference report before it goes official ?

The news posted at immigration-law.com is seems not logical.
If House was so adamant with immigration package in S 1932, house might have passed motion of instruction to conferees for immigration package (like House passed seven motion of instructions on other issues for which they have real concern.

Pleas don't give up and we should double our efforts.
Please involve friends, family, and all wel wishers on this campaign.

ram_ram said:
immigration-law.com

Unconfirmed sources indicate that in order to pass the negotiated S. 1932 in the House that has adamantly opposed the immigration bill as part of the budget reconciliation bill, the House leadership has reportedly negotiated and agreed to take out the immigration packet from the S. 1932, and both the House and the Senate may pass the finally negotiated S. 1932 bill today. Please stay tuned

This is just the beginning..

I wouldn't get discouraged just yet. We don't know for sure & we must keep hope.

Even if this doesn't go through - I am very encouraged that these provisions are being introduced by the Senate.

I think we'd have a better chance if the EB relief provisions were not lumped with H1B increases.

We must education everyone (including opponents like Lamar Smith) on retrogression and it's effects.

I am from Texas and I WILL find a way to go to his office and get a meeting with him.

And I will present ONLY the case for allowing filing of I485 even if priority data is not current. If we get AT LEAST THAT, it will be a big relief.

question for everyone ?

We are sendind faxes, calling concerned persons.

Can we do something else apart of it ? like meeting few "Critical" persons in person ?

I think we can win, we may need to do something extraordinary... that is it.

Meanwhile, iam sending faxes and will call again.

no confirmed report at Shusterman.com

i did not find any confirmed report which says that s.1932 passed without 8001 section.

Canadian_Dream said:
We have so far three source pointing that the entire immigration packet has been dropped. Can anyone confirm otherwise ? I am not trying to be negative but wondering if anyone through their contact can find out what is happening ?

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/#comment
Immigration Daily has learned that Section 8001 of S. 1932, sorely needed by the immigration community, was included in initial drafts of the budget reconciliation conference report, and was later pulled, ostensibly under pressure from a handful of Republican House members who threatened to vote against the reconciliation conference report if it included immigration benefits relief provisions.

Shusterman.com News Ticker
http://www.shusterman.com

also Mathew Oh's
http://www.immigration-law.com

12/17/2005: Both Houses May Pass S. 1932 Without Immigration Packet Tomorrow

Unconfirmed sources indicate that in order to pass the negotiated S. 1932 in the House that has adamantly opposed the immigration bill as part of the budget reconciliation bill, the House leadership has reportedly negotiated and agreed to take out the immigration packet from the S. 1932, and both the House and the Senate may pass the finally negotiated S. 1932 bill tomorrow. Please stay tuned.

All articles are citing that it is withdrwan under pressure from house. We also know that Hosue member responsible for negotiation Lamar Smith has publicy stated his opposition.
I know all of these are speculation but can all of these be wrong ? Can we find out what's in the conference report before it goes official ?

I think the faxes are almost useless

Sorry to say this and not meaning to be critical. But I feel the most powerful thing is to have an opportunity to meet the senator or house rep in person to talk to them.

And it may seem like an impossible task but let's say there are 500 of us (I'm sure there are ) & each of us promises to take on one senator or congressman in our area. And each of promises to find osme way to get an interview with them And we talk to them.

Then we are no longer nameless, faceless entities but people with lives that contribute to the economy. And they will think about us when issues like this come up.

Some of the provisions we are asking for ARE harmless.

1) Recapture of Visa (this is a 1 time thing)
2) Allowing filing of I-485 without current priority date. (this will not take away jobs from Americans but make our lives easier)

I think we need to focus on these two getting passed (because both of them are win-win) - and especially the 2nd one (allowing I 485 is probably one of those provisions that can just slip through without raising a big hue & cry in some bill).

WE need to rally together for the next stage of this. I hope it will not be required because I'm an optimist. But I'm also a realist.