S. 1932 Status

So far:

9:28 AM ET
Bill Frist (R) - positive
Kent Conrad (D) - negative

9:59 AM ET
Judd Gregg (R) - positive

SunJoshi

Thanks a lot for current info and please keep us updated with developments. Many of us can not access CSpan from the work.

I'm watching c-span2 but no one spoke one word about immigration. Only thing they talk about is budget.

Thanks a TON Sunjoshi

Hi Sunjoshi,

Thanks a TON for the live updates.

Whenever u have time, quick question. Is this the FINAL Senate meeting, which will be followed by the House meeting? Or is there going to be one more senate meeting regarding this same bill?

Once again Thanks a ton.

All,

Since the House and Senate is Republican controlled, do you think this will pass. It seems that all the democrates are against this?! :confused:

So far:

9:28 AM ET
Bill Frist (R) - positive(p)
Kent Conrad (D) - negative(n)

9:59 AM ET
Judd Gregg (R) - positive

10:44 AM ET
Paul Sarbanes (D) - n

Seems like following party lines thus far. But I beleive there are some reps against the bill, so this is going to be close.

S .1932 is slotted for debate the entire week, and may be voted by end of week, or early next week. A similar discussion and a vote will be planned in congress.

Yes, they haven't talked about immigration (which isn't a bad thing). So, if it follows party lines, it should go thru. But there is always a chance of amendments, if some issue (immigration) becomes a thorn w/i party lines.

It is hard to predict. These are though times, since Americans are increasingly against immigration in general. Let's pray and wish that at least some form of relief is passed.

sheetalam said:
All,

Since the House and Senate is Republican controlled, do you think this will pass. It seems that all the democrates are against this?! :confused:

Not Looking Good

Senate session got disrupted after lunch, with democrats taking to a "private hearing" amongst themselves and stopping the discusiions completely.

Right now the republican leadership is addressing media blasting the Dems for their "uncourteous behavior"

This looks worse than Lok Sabha politics!!

Now they are more after phase 2 Iraq investigation ,they have got weak point of B adminstration . It looks like there won't be any action until end of this week .

Sorry I didn't understand this correctly earlier.

At 2:25 ET Senate Minority leader Sen. Reid called for a "closed session" and was seconded by another shmug!. Therefore the press/news media everyone were kicked out and the senate began closed hearings on classified information about the CIA leak and pre-war intel.

So basically this means that S. 1932 is in the trash can, for now. Thank You very much.

Everyone, democrats are screwing up our cause (and other real issues hurting ppl) and instead want to play dirty politics.

They have lots of points to be discussed re this bill so now D are attaking on govt on their bad moves (like Iraq) but defenetly thre will be a discussion on other issue . as it is happening in India ,opposition striking on govt where govt has defenecive stands .
Don't worry immigration will be inculded as it backed by the group who are give funds to senetor to fight there elections . I am hoping for best ....

As a Democrat

No more any more Vote to Democrats from now on!
in all countries, they play same suck role to stop enh.
I'm tried to watch this issue. do I better go back ???