S. 1932 Status

can Mr Khanna please advice on the ideal strategy in this situation.

regarding

1. contacting all reps

2. members of committee in the house of reps

3. pro-immigrant rep to propose an amendment to the house version

Is there any provision in the bill for the spouses of GC holders.. They have to go through a long painful wait and remain separated from their spouses for a long time.

contacting congress men

Athappa did a great job by creating a contact information and follow up web site, to say thank you letter. I did contacted my senators.
Another great job will be to create a direct link to send our concerns to the congress men, because the bill is going to be in the congress this week.
Can ATHAPPA do this job, we will be very greatful.
waiting for the response

What is this new development ??? Can some please provide the link????
:confused: :confused:

zbd said:
Guys,
I'm confused when I read the breaking news from immigration.com about spouse and childen.

is It mean that even I get My 485 approved, Still My wife has to wait to get GC under Family Based for years to get work permit ?
Or can she file EAD as soon as I qualify to file EAD for myself ?

If first one, what a crap ? It's worse

Please somebody make it clear for me.
Thanks

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
As per Immigration-law.com
EB dependents green cards will be approved along with Primay or after decision of Primary's I 485,
With the passage of this new Bill simply they will not be counted against existing EB visa numbers
check here
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1291571&postcount=44

Its still not clear if the spouses have to wait till the actual approval of 485 to start working, or can they get the EAD when the pricipal applicant is eligible to get EAD (even before the 485 is approved).

Sorry just curious, i know we should be focussing on the house right now.

Beware of democrats

I was looking at the Vote result of S.1932
In this majority of democrates were against for this immigration reform, even the major states like new york, california, Illinois.
Eg; Miss Clinton voted against it.
The states that voted agaist are AR, CA, CT, Delaware,MAine,Maryland,MA,Michigan,Minnesota,ND,RI,WA,WV,WI.
Our group from all these sates should contact the congress men, If we loose this opportunity there ends the matter.
Best thing is to draft a letter and fax it.
thanks

Please use this document to contact the house.

Attached is the word document that has most of our sufferings. No more discussions. Just use the text in the document(attachments will not go through most emails) to convince all the house representatives you can. We should never be begging, we are just trying to make them understand that both parties will loose if the bill does not pass. Everyone, please give a sincere effort!

can_card said:
Ya. Dont have much time. One should draft a letter with all the issues and why senate version better than house version. Also, it(S.1932) helps budget deficit much better than house version. We need to urge her to bring an amendment to the house bill, once it is introduced in the floor of the house.

In legal terms, the subtitle A (sec 5101) of title V of Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 which is going to be presented to the house in next week has to be replaced by sec 8001 and sec 8002 of title VIII of Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005 (S.1932) which was passed in the Senate. Both the titles are releated to Judiciary committee.

Guys, Draft a good letter and post it here we all go thro and modify if needed. I am not very good in writing, but I can try from my end.

Would anybody clarify the name of the bill in the house?

Is below the right name for the bill in the house? I want to make sure I have the correct name for the bills when sending faxes to the representatives. Thanks.
can_card said:
In legal terms, the subtitle A (sec 5101) of title V of Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 which is going to be presented to the house in next week has to be replaced by sec 8001 and sec 8002 of title VIII of Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005 (S.1932) which was passed in the Senate. Both the titles are releated to Judiciary committee.

very impressive letter except that I would take the last sentence out as it sounds threatening...
i suggest you psot this letter on the main page so that everyone can use it...thanks....

good work.
ram_ram said:
Attached is the word document that has most of our sufferings. No more discussions. Just use the text in the document(attachments will not go through most emails) to convince all the house representatives you can. We should never be begging, we are just trying to make them understand that both parties will loose if the bill does not pass. Everyone, please give a sincere effort!

meg_z said:
Is below the right name for the bill in the house? I want to make sure I have the correct name for the bills when sending faxes to the representatives. Thanks.

It is a right name. This bill is a parallal bill of S.1932, just passed in the jouse budjet committee. This will be submitted to full house in the floor soon. Please see

http://www.house.gov/budget/

No new threads

Thanks for your suggestion to post on main page, but I think it is confusing to follow too many threads. We will all promise and stick to this thread until we get this bill passed. This thread has the most viewership already.

nishokie said:
very impressive letter except that I would take the last sentence out as it sounds threatening...
i suggest you psot this letter on the main page so that everyone can use it...thanks....

good work.

Start contacting House reps! We are running out of time.

Please feel free to rip off the spicy content from the FAXHOUSE.doc, but make sure you and your employers contact(fax, phone, email) as many house reps as possible.

I stole the legal details of the bill from your(can_card) previous post. Hope you do not mind!

can_card said:
It is a right name. This bill is a parallal bill of S.1932, just passed in the jouse budjet committee. This will be submitted to full house in the floor soon. Please see

http://www.house.gov/budget/

ram_ram said:
Thanks for your suggestion to post on main page, but I think it is confusing to follow too many threads. We will all promise and stick to this thread until we get this bill passed. This thread has the most viewership already.
Ram,

It is a good letter. My simple doubt, can any member of the house propose an amendment ? or Only the memebrs of Judi or budget committee only propose?

template

Hi Ram,
I changed the last line and did e mail it to my representatives in CT,NY.
Here is my suggestion, why can't you start a new thread with only contact information(web sites) and template letter, so that every one can use it.
current thread is so long, this may break.
the last line I added is "We appreciate if you can look in a reasonable way with a scientific eye(i.e American Way) and make reasonable decisions.
Thank you for your time"

Check here to get your congress man by Your state and their web site URL
http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

You can write to your congress man directlyfrom this link
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

your ZIP code and your 4-digit ZIP code extension is needed to find the congress man who represent your locality
to get that from your address check here
http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp
Attached Files HRs_By_State.pdf (75.1 KB, 25 views)
HRs_PhoneNumbers

Rajeev Khanna or any other attorney helping the community should answer that. I am thinking it can be any.. These committee members can propose the change in the budget or judicial review itself. less number of people to convince.Right? Why should they wait until the bill is on the floor like Byrd did?
can_card said:
Ram,

It is a good letter. My simple doubt, can any member of the house propose an amendment ? or Only the memebrs of Judi or budget committee only propose?

This is a good letter. But I think last paragraph should be removed. We should be polite and request all the house representative to support our cause.