S. 1932 Status

I am keeping track of those who have said that they will contact the house of representative of their state.

Vivek444 can also keep track. Every week we will than tally and make sure that we are not missing any state.

Here is the spread sheet.

Who is the conference committee?

My Doubt..

The house version of budget bill does not have any provision for fixing the retro, except the L1 fee increase. How does the lobbying the Reps help the passage of senate version of bill?. The house version of bill will get passed in floor, whether we lobby it or not. But that is not going to help, except if any congressmen brings an amendment to replace the house version by senate version, like Byrad did.

The bottom line is the immigration relief in the senate version of the bill should appear in final bill resulting from the conference. So we need to lobby the conference committe members, instead of lobbying the all the congressmen.

Someone post the details of this committe, and who is the member and when they are going to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conference commitee

can_card said:
My Doubt..

The house version of budget bill does not have any provision for fixing the retro, except the L1 fee increase. How does the lobbying the Reps help the passage of senate version of bill?. The house version of bill will get passed in floor, whether we lobby it or not. But that is not going to help.

The bottom line is the immigration relief in the senate version of the bill should appear in final bill resulting from the conference. So we need to lobby the conference committe members, instead of lobbying the all the congressmen.

Someone post the details of this committe, and who is the member and when they are going to discuss.
Members of the House and Senate Budget Committee are appointed as general
conferees (and the chairman and ranking member serve as floor managers of the
conference report). Members of the committees that submitted reconciliation
recommendations make up the rest of the conference committee

for details check here

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1289997&postcount=37
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1284129&postcount=9

Spouse and children Under 1932

Guys,
I'm confused when I read the breaking news from immigration.com about spouse and childen.

is It mean that even I get My 485 approved, Still My wife has to wait to get GC under Family Based for years to get work permit ?
Or can she file EAD as soon as I qualify to file EAD for myself ?

If first one, what a crap ? It's worse

Please somebody make it clear for me.
Thanks

the House challenge

The Senate passed the bill with only 52-47 votes victory, do you guys not think that this bill will have a hard time passing through the House because there are still some senate members who will still try to block this bill in the House too...correct or am i wrong?
so we not only need to target representatives but even the resenting senators????

does anybody know who is going to be in the final conference when the reconcilliation between the house and senate bills are made ?

athapps said:
The Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005 Passed at Senate by 52/47 votes.
For more details visit and see how your reps voted.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=1&vote=00303

To view the bill visit

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c109:1:./temp/~c109eegGYH:e957636:

Hope it would sail threw House of Representative and get approved.
Do your lobbying.

Athapps

The bottom line is the immigration relief in the senate version of the bill should appear in final bill resulting from the conference

what makes you say that ???

can_card said:
My Doubt..

The house version of budget bill does not have any provision for fixing the retro, except the L1 fee increase. How does the lobbying the Reps help the passage of senate version of bill?. The house version of bill will get passed in floor, whether we lobby it or not. But that is not going to help, except if any congressmen brings an amendment to replace the house version by senate version, like Byrad did.

Hope not...

Hopefully, the house will see the light of day and not pass these stupid immigration reliefs. While I would agree with increasing EB Gc's, not counting spouses and kids is a total contravention of having a quota.

Request amendment to immigration text in House version of the bill

Everyone should force their house representatives to bring an amendment to the house bill. The amendment should replace the immigration text from the house version that increases the L1 fee to 1500. The immigration text that is passed in the senate budget bill should be used instead of that. That way we need no wait until the conference committee meeets to resolve the differences. This is the same strategy that Byrd tried and failed in Senate. We should use the same strategy and succeed in house. Please contact your house representatives now.

can_card said:
My Doubt..

ram_ram said:
Everyone should force their house representatives to bring an amendment to the house bill. The amendment should replace the immigration text from the house version that increases the L1 fee to 1500. The immigration text that is passed in the senate budget bill should be used instead of that. That way we need no wait until the conference committee meeets to resolve the differences. This is the same strategy that Byrd tried and failed in Senate. We should use the same strategy and succeed in house. Please contact your house representatives now.

Is there any strong pro-immigration congressmen in the house judiciary or budget commitee? If we find some, then, we can request him to bring an amendment in the house floor to replace the text of house bill by the chapter 8 of the senate bill. If it get passed in the house, then it will be a cake walk in the conference committee.

Rep Sheila Jackson Lee of Houston, TX is the Ranking member on the House Immigration commitee and also a member of both the India and the Pakistan Caucus in Congress. She would be our best hope as she is very pro immigration.

can_card said:
Is there any strong pro-immigration congressmen in the house judiciary or budget commitee? If we find some, then, we can request him to bring an amendment in the house floor to replace the text of house bill by the chapter 8 of the senate bill. If it get passed in the house, then it will be a cake walk in the conference committee.

zbd said:
Guys,
I'm confused when I read the breaking news from immigration.com about spouse and childen.

is It mean that even I get My 485 approved, Still My wife has to wait to get GC under Family Based for years to get work permit ?
Or can she file EAD as soon as I qualify to file EAD for myself ?

If first one, what a crap ? It's worse

Please somebody make it clear for me.
Thanks

I am really shocked at your finding. No one here is ready to even give a thought about GCs for their spouses and children. I earlier posted my doubts regarding this and looks like those doubts are confirmed by immigration.com

GUYS, you all need to have perspective... Dont just think about your GCs... What about your family members... You all will get a GC - FINE! But how good is that if your spouse and children has to wait for 8 or more years in the Family based quota for thier own GCs... Please.. GUYS, give a thought about this and act accordingly!

ZBD, can you post the link of the immigration.com breaking news where you found this info.

Thanks,
Ansi.

texancanadian said:
Rep Sheila Jackson Lee of Houston, TX is the Ranking member on the House Immigration commitee and also a member of both the India and the Pakistan Caucus in Congress. She would be our best hope as she is very pro immigration.

Yes. Her records looks good. Will she help us in bringing an amendment to house version of budget reconciliation bill? Can we (non-immigrants with no voting power) request her to bring an amendment? Can we write a letter to her explaining our issues?

I think we should draft a mail and send her tomorrow. No time.
can_card said:
Yes. Her records looks good. Will she help us in bringing an amendment to house version of budget reconciliation bill? Can we (non-immigrants with no voting power) request her to bring an amendment? Can we write a letter to her explaining our issues?

ram_ram said:
I think we should draft a mail and send her tomorrow. No time.

Ya. Dont have much time. One should draft a letter with all the issues and why senate version better than house version. Also, it(S.1932) helps budget deficit much better than house version. We need to urge her to bring an amendment to the house bill, once it is introduced in the floor of the house.

In legal terms, the subtitle A (sec 5101) of title V of Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 which is going to be presented to the house in next week has to be replaced by sec 8001 and sec 8002 of title VIII of Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005 (S.1932) which was passed in the Senate. Both the titles are releated to Judiciary committee.

Guys, Draft a good letter and post it here we all go thro and modify if needed. I am not very good in writing, but I can try from my end.

Check immigration-law.com Q&A No. 98.

-Thanks
ansi2004 said:
I am really shocked at your finding. No one here is ready to even give a thought about GCs for their spouses and children. I earlier posted my doubts regarding this and looks like those doubts are confirmed by immigration.com

GUYS, you all need to have perspective... Dont just think about your GCs... What about your family members... You all will get a GC - FINE! But how good is that if your spouse and children has to wait for 8 or more years in the Family based quota for thier own GCs... Please.. GUYS, give a thought about this and act accordingly!

ZBD, can you post the link of the immigration.com breaking news where you found this info.

Thanks,
Ansi.

S. 1932 and Spouse and Children of EB Beneficiary

ansi2004 said:

Thanks,
Ansi.

As per Immigration-law.com
EB dependents green cards will be approved along with Primay or after decision of Primary's I 485,
With the passage of this new Bill simply they will not be counted against existing EB visa numbers
check here
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1291571&postcount=44

Byrd's proposal defeated in Senate

Though the complete bill passed with only minimum majority votes, the amendment brought by Senator Byrd was defeated by 85/14. It means the
Democrates too supported the immigration.
Stop cursing out Democrats.
Athapps

nishokie said:
The Senate passed the bill with only 52-47 votes victory, do you guys not think that this bill will have a hard time passing through the House because there are still some senate members who will still try to block this bill in the House too...correct or am i wrong?
so we not only need to target representatives but even the resenting senators????

does anybody know who is going to be in the final conference when the reconcilliation between the house and senate bills are made ?