RFE Thread Part 5

INS is sending these RFEs to lot of people

Law does not require you to work for sponsoring employer until GC is approved, therefore INS can not ask you to submit pay stubs from sponsoring employer. However, probably they want to see that you are not out of status. To tell you the truth, according to regulations, if you are on H1 but not receiving salary and if you don\'t have a valid & convincing reason to be on "leave without pay" (usually medical reasons are OK with INS), you are out of status. Merely being on payroll does not mean anything to INS (strange!).

You can try with your employer to give you salary but I don\'t trust these weasels.

But, on the other hand you cannot be out of status after filing I-485 (I am not 100% sure about it though). You can even work illegally (you employer who gave you this illegal employment may be fined) after filing I-485.

But, INS can argue differently. They will say that they don\'t care of in status or out of status issue. They will argue that since you are on the payroll of sponsoring employer but not getting salary because employer does not have work for you, your employer will most likely does not intend to hire you . Therefore, underlying labor certificate is invalid. What will be your counter argument ?

Well, you will probably get a letter from your employer stating that they will hire you as soon as you get your GC. But, it is not sure shot thing. It will depend on what type of INS officer looks at your case.

You may also want to look into "consular processing" (but for that you will have to withdraw I-485). Since this is a complex issue, you should consult with a good attorney asap.

Birth certificates issued by consulates are not acceptable

to INS. But, who goes through every page of your petition ?

Most good/big law firms do not file I-485 with those birth certificates.

I_NEED_GC

my point again : just because my friend was not caught shoplifting dues not mean I will not be caught or what my friend did was right thing.

my lawyer received RFE for my case on April 23rd 2001

but i came to know about this today only. RFE needs my recent 3 pay
stubs, 2001 W-2 and my company\'s 2001 and 2002 tax returns, financial
status etc.

i am going to send the requested documents on Monday. When can i
expect my case to be approved?

I am in Pcee\'s july list: i am giving the details below:
RD: 07/19
ND: 09/05 (WAC-01-275-5xxxx)
FP Done: 01/16/2002
AVM Process Resumed: 01/23/2002
AVM does not say that i got RFE for my case. it still says On january
23rd we received.... processing resumed ... blob-blob..

-gsr2001

Finally Approved after RFE WAC -01-259-6xxxx

Hi Guys,

Finally Our 485 \'s got approved on May 9th according to AVM . Waiting for approval
This was a great site i got lot of usefull information.
 Thanks to eveyone who is posting there info and helping others.
Looks like CSC is speeding up the process,I will pray that the rest of you will get there
approvals soon.

here are my case details:
Here are my case details
WAC 01-259-xxxx RD Jun 12
2001, ND AUG 17,2001
Finger print notices received on 10/20/2001.
FP done on 11/27/2001 at Oakland cente.
EAD cards received on 11/10/2001

RFE Issued: 3/15/02
RFE Recvd: 3/20/02
RFE for: Tax Documents and successor(companys),Past Status, Medical.
 My company and lwayers took along time to reply back for my RFE
RFE Replied: 4/16/02
AVM update as of 04/18/02.
485 \'s got approved on May 9th according to AVM.

(Can you guys let me know how i can post this in main page )

Finally approved... WAC-01-284-56XXX

RFE was issued on 4/18/02, receipt acknowledged on 4/30. Heard "Case approved..." on 5/14/02..

BVM

Did Yu get Yr approval? I am still waiting for approval. I send photos and paystubs on april 4 th and avm updated with acknowledgement on april 9 th. But no news. Lost patientce.

RFE Replied on 3/14 - 485 Still not approved

Below r the details of my case:

MD: July 14
ND: Aug 29
EAD: Nov 14
AP : Dec 11
FP : 11/27 at San Francisco
RFE Issued: 3/11
RFE Replied: 3/14
RFE for 2 Photos.

nope! Still waiting.

..and keeping the hopes alive :)

If this could brighten up ur spirits, here are my details.
RFE Replied on 03/15/2002
RFE Response acknowledged on 03/19/2002.

:)
BVM

--HUMKO.. AAJ KAL HAI.. INTEZAAR, KOHI AAYE.. LEKE GREEN CARD.

BVM

My case was approved on May 13ht. Infact I called on the same day and talked to IIO.He mentioned to waid for another 30 days.Yesterday while checking the avm,I found that My case was approved on 13 th. I wish Yr sppedy approval.May call and talk to IIO once ( enquire whether Yr file is with office after RFE ) or kept in suspense shelf.
May pl post Yr good news asap.

Approved!

It is my turn to say that my case has been approved. I heard it on AVM yesterday. Thanks to everyone on this board for giving hope and for the eager GC waiters I wish your turn comes soon.

Same Case with me

I replied on 3/28 and till now no approval. I called the IIO and she told me that my case has been assigned to an officer.

Since it has been 60 days since you replied, you can always query the INS. According to my lawyer, INS has to act on an RFE within 60 days. So ask your lawyer to do it.

My Lawyer says it is taking 90 days with new security procedures

I called my lawyer and he says that it is taking 90 days with new security procedures in place, he asked me to wait till june before they could send an enquiry