RFE Thread Part 5

Any relations between I485 REF and I140 REF?

For those who received I485 REF for pay stubs, employment letters, etc., did you get any REF for company finacial doc. when you applied for I140?
The reason I asked is I\'m really afraid to receive any I485 REF since my company is not doing well and I had got a REF for my I140 before.

Thanks very much!
Hello1

possible

I got RFE on my H1-B extension couple of months back and was issued RFE on I-485 last week. I was hoping that someone would realize that my H-1 was issued only two months back, but I guess that one shouldn\'t expect INS too sensible :)

answer to b_bad

1. The RFE was for w-2, pay-stubs for last few months since i485, proof of employment, proof that my company can pay my salary etc.

2. I received RFE on 4/12 and they received reply on 4/30. They never updated the AVM.

Take care, you should be getting your approval by end of this month or beginning of next if they continue at the same pace.

How long does it take for you to receive RFE?

I checked AVM, and it tells that on May 2nd, they sent an RFE out, but neither I nor my lawyer have received it yet. Does it normally take that long to recieve RFE? Please advise. Thanks.

Emily,

It usually takes about 5 business days to get teh RFE. But I have seen some cases that have taken long. Talk to ur lawyer and ask him/her to check on this. If possible talk to an IIO and see what he/she has to say.

Good luck
BVM

Taking forever to receive RFE

Re Emily Chao\'s note: My RFE was supposedly sent on Mar 30; neither I nor my lawyer has received it yet. Apparently, my lawyer\'s assistant called INS and they said they won\'t send the RFE out again. As you can well imagine, I\'m pretty concerned since you only have 90 days to respond to RFE! I\'m planning to possibly call INS myself and see what\'s up... alternately, my lawyer has mentioned involving AILA and possibly a senator to force INS to re-issue RFE -- it\'s difficult to respond to something when you don\'t know what it is.

The joy of bureacracy...

Question about your RFE

APS
You mentioned in one of your previous posts that you work for Oracle. Now your RFE asked for proof that company can pay your salary. Does INS need proof that Oracle can pay your salary? Or are you a contractor at Oracle working through a consulting company. Will appreciate a reply. It will help understand if INS\'s RFEs make sense or not.

Reply to SYA

SYA,
I am an employee of Oracle, so in this scenario it did not make much sense for them to ask for proof whether the company could pay my salary. I think the RFE was quite generic and not quite specific to my case. It appeared that the officer came straight out of training and just issued an RFE for whatever he had been taught to look out for. JMO. Good luck to you.

APS

replied to RFE on 06/04

my lawyer replied to my RFE yesterday. RFE was issued on 04/23.
it got delayed from my HR and lawyer too.

Best wishes,
gsr2001

FINALLY got my RFE!

The AVM said one was mailed on Mar 30, but no one (neither me nor my lawyer) had gotten it. It finally came on Friday, Jun 14.

It was for proof of employment & 2 yrs tax returns.

Hopefully it\'ll get answered soon & decided upon quickly!

Got RFE

I got RFE for 3 most recent pay stubs, Y2001 Tax returns and Employment Letter. My details:
WAC-01-231-XXXXX
PD:11/00
RD:05/01
ND:07/01
FP done: 10/17/2001
RFE issue on : 05/31/02
RFE received on : 06/14/02
I sent the requested papers to Attorney today

Message Changed on 01/02/2002

Message got changed on 01/02/2002 to Process resumed. In February Wife got Finger print redo notice. I think that causes the delay of the case. I talked to IIO couple of times but didn\'t get proper information.

I checked the AVM...

...and it was updated to reflect the fact that a reissued RFE was sent out ("On June 5th..." instead of "on March 30th"). Also, my reissued RFE was sent with the different expiry date (August instead of June 22nd).

What happened to RFE part 6?

I can\'t seem to locate. Just to get an idea, how long is it taking for approval after one replies to RFE?

Correction

Apologies
By mistake I titled my post as "Question about your idea". It should read as "Question about your RFE"

AVM changed to RFE response received on June 17th 2002

got RFE on APR-23-2002
my lawyer replied to RFE on around JUN-06-2002
I checked AVM yesterday night after a long time and it says \'RFE
response received on JUN-17-2002