I talked to my lawyer, she said :
"No--the INS will not accept "birth certificates"
issued by the Indian Embassy since they are not really birth
certificates but are merely confirmation of the biographic information
in your passports. Since birth certificates (or certificates of
nonavailability) are generally available in India, certificates issued
by the Embassy are not accepted.
"

Sorry. But, four of my friends who got approved in the past months have all submitted the birth cert

GCWaiter1234

If you are not sure about the embassy thing get it from your town in India. I dont think it will take that much time. My original BC did not have my name on it only my Dad\'s. So I got a new BC from the municipality within 4-5 days and got it speed posted here. I did it before applying since my lawyer had suggested doing it . the BC should have date, place , you name , mothers name and father\'s name.

GCWAITER is right

Birth certificate given by me from Indian Consulate was rejected by INS and generated a RFE.

Bond07

AP and EAD Extensions

Since it has been almost a year since I filed for AOS, I had to file for extension of AP and EAD. Has anyone done the same ? How much time did it take for approval of that ?

Thanks

rsrgc-me and my family recd the approval notices in the mail today.

mohan3000 "rsrgc - we got approved" 5/4/02 2:23pm

I pray that all of you guys get approved soon.

Please post a test message to check if your permission to post messages is still there and that it has not been revoked. Many people have been having such problems (me and Dee Rod included) in the recent past.

Some good news (not about me, though)

Someone I work with who filed at VSC just got his approval the other day, so it looks like things are moving again with INS.

Hopefully it\'ll keep moving!

GOT RFE, Please Help

Hello everyone
 I got an RFE, the INS is asking for my pay stubs. I am out of projects from last January but i am still an employee of the company but without pay. Can someone please advise on what can be done about the pay stubs.

Pay stub issue

Don\'t quote me on this, but I think this could be a problem... luckily, a GC is for FUTURE employment, so not having worked in the past might not be a big deal (at least in theory). You should really talk to your lawyers, or go to usvisanews.com or murthy.com and pose your question in one of their online chat forums.

To Tiptronicus1: Remember that after 90 days of having filed for your EAD extension, you can get a temporary one by simply going to the INS office (it can be time-consuming, but it\'s otherwise straightforward); not sure how long it\'s taking now, though.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations to rsrgc

Congratulations rsrgc, Can you please post your RFE details
 I am very happy for you.

MY RFE details are :
RFE Issued: 3/15/02
RFE Recvd: 3/20/02
RFE for: Tax Documents and successor(companys),Past Status, Medical.
 My company and lwayers took along time to reply back for my RFE
RFE Replied: 4/17/02
AVM update(INS recevied) 04/18/02

Waiting for the approval.

Hi

well - I called IIO around april 1st and was told that I got rfe.
RFE recd by attorney on April 10th. We replied on April 11th. AVM said INS recd on April 16th and I recd approval in the mail on May 4th.
AVM has not been updated till date.

Today I have stamped passport for myself and wife and daughter.

RFE was for recent paystubs, W2 for 2000 and 2001 and
Federal tax return (1040) for 2000 and 2001.

details
rd is July 15th 2001 and
nd is August 29th 2001 and
no is wac-01-270-5XXXX
ad is May-01-2002

Reply to Miller327

you will have 90 days to reply for ur RFE, and generally u need to submit on 3 pay stubs. you could convince ur employer to pay u for next 3 pay cycles atleast and use them to reply ur RFE.
talk to them and see if they can help you on this.

Received RFE

WAC-01-289-5xxxx
RD 8/20 ND 9/20

RFE issued on April 26th. Lawyer has not yet received it.
who is supposed to get RFE notice me or lawyer ??

Tabs!!! please provide your AVM details

I\'m assuming you came to know about your RFE from AVM. what was the message before RFE? when was it updated?

Thanks

AVM for RFE

Yes I came to know from AVM I checked it on 7th May and it says RFE issued on 26th April. Checked with lawyer and he hasnt received it yet. I had Check 2 weeks back and it was "we have received finger print review .... and processing resumed"

Thanks PCee.

RFE received - (Employment letter )

WAC-01-275-5XXXX

RFE sent on Apr 16th (for Employment Letter )

Till yesterday, AVM not updated for RFE.

When did you respond to the RFE?

I wonder how long it is taking NOW between the response to an RFE and approval. Any ideas folks?

RFE Case finally Approved. WAC-265-xxxxxx

Hi
Thanks to all for this USeful site and its postings.
With most cases around me and Upto WAC-296- been approved, Aleast, I noticed something going on with my case after I recieved an RFE.

Here is my details; ( Not in any list, so far)

Anildso

WAC: WAC-01-265-5xx45
PD : Jul 01,2001
MD : Jun 30, 2001
RD : Jul 02, 2001
ND : Aug 23, 2001
FP ( sch Date ) : Dec 8, 2001
FP ( Done Date ) : Dec 8, 2001
AVM After FP : .... Processing resumed on Jan 11, 2002
AVM Message changed on Aprill 6th , 2002 ( it says ... Requesting
additional Information ... )

RFE recieved by Lawyer: Aprill 13, 2002
RFE Details : To submit , Supplement A to Form I-693 ( Medical Examinations of Aliens Seeking Adj of status )
RFE sent back on Apr 14, 2002 ( lawyer fed exed )
AVM message changed on Apr 16, 2002 ( they recieved ..999 days ..bla bla )

AVM Message :485 Approved on May 9th
Need to check mail & notice with lawyer today...

Other Info: Changed residence. soon after Applying 485 in Aug 2001.
 Address Change with INS done During Finger printing time and also Sent a few FAX to INS, Not sure they Ever changed, Never spoke to IIO )

Also , Recieved FP notice on Aprill 7th 2002, ( wonderfull INS ! ) which i was supposed to recieve in NOVember ,2001. seems like the Post office returned back my FP notice to INS and then INS sends this to my new address after 3- 4 months. Since I already Did The FP in NOV from the Zerox notice I had gotten ,from my lawyer. same with my wife FP notice , We recieved on Apr 28th 2002.

I have not recieved the RFE copy so far. May be they dont send it to me. I had the old copy of the Supplement A and the other documents associated with I-693 done, way back in March last year 2001.
I showed them this RFE and The Hospital Receptionist was kind enough
to Quickly redo the Suppliment A from the Copy i had and She sealed it
in a cover and I returned it back to lawyer on Aprill 12, 2002. I hope
the AVM message changes in a week.

Many Thanks to all, I hope all pending cases new cases get resolved.