RFE Thread Part 5

No Title

our cases have endured 245(i) delays last spring, general slowdowns last summer, Sept 11th last fall/winter... it\'s not great! But hey, all our cases have to come to closure at some point... we\'re almost there... let\'s hang in there!

Also some dead terrorists got their visa approved, so many illegal immigrants got citizenship. In the INS foodchain, we seem to be below everything...

I completed 1 yr of filing AOS last week. Hence the extra sarcasm.

--
EB2 India,CSC, RD 04/19, ND 06/19, AP 07/23, EAD 10/03, FP 11/27, RFE 02/13, RFE Reply 03/28

RFE OF TIFF07

RFE for I-485 tiff07 - 07:32pm Apr 29, 2002 EST

It\'s my first time using this message board. If I don\'t reply, please pardon me ..... I have received the RFE from the INS, requesting a tons of documents from me. Am I the only one with this situation???
 1. Evidence of Maintenance of Status: a. submit a copy of every I-94, arrival/departure record, a copy of every I-797 approval notice for extension of stay or change of status and if applicable, a copies of all I-20-IDs for F-1 status, copies of pertinent school records, transcripts and degrees or diplomas received from every school ot university attended since in the United States. ( it\'s really stressed me out when they said " every copies of all " )
2. Last Country of foreign residence
3. Prospective employment letter
4. AC-21 Letter
5. Proof of employment
6. Ability to pay wage
7. Copy of your passport - all pages including blank pages Kindly comments. Is it b\'cos my lawyer didn\'t do a good job????

2. as far as I know Posted By: sandpa 4/29/02 7:48 PM (#2 of 14)
I had submitted most of the documents mentioned above except ofcourse the AC-21 which was not applicable in my case.

1.3 AC-21letter Posted By: tiff07 4/29/02 7:53 PM (#5 of 14)
In the letter, it states: "If you are no longer in the employment of the I-140 petitioner, submit a letter from your current employer on original letterhead stationary ( not photocopy ) showing you are employed fulltime ( 40 hrs per week )in a permanent job as outlined on the I-140 petition."

3. Looks like your lawyer screwed-up. Posted By: funstuff 4/29/02 8:12 PM (#7 of 14)
Most of the required evidences are standard filing documents (e.g. passport, employment letter, etc). These should already have been submitted when you filed. Better clear it up with your lawyer or find and retain a more qualified one. Good luck.

5. reply Posted By: rsrgc 4/29/02 9:29 PM (#9 of 14)
sometimes CSC loses your complete file and resorts to RFE method to recover. They have the info in their computers but they do not have the documents in their hand. This is the reason. Now the AC21 portion clearly requests that in case you have changed job etc etc. Your Lawyer has not made a mess. CSC has lost your entire file.

6. tiff07, Posted By: tatax 4/30/02 12:07 AM (#11 of 14)
INS lost your file even though they have the information in the computer. just resend all the paperwork initially submitted when you filed for form I-485. Be calm, It happens

7. Possibly due to Student status(F1) sometim in the past Posted By: LAKING 4/30/02 1:22 AM (#12 of 14)
Possibly due to Student status(F1) sometim in the past. Post Sep 11, they are resorting to additional checks for guys with student background in US.

7.1 didn\'t happen to me Posted By: sandpa 4/30/02 11:38 AM (#13 of 14)
I entered the US on F-1 but my AOS pretty quick. ( ND Aug 23rd )

7.2 Wrong.. I think. Posted By: sailor 4/30/02 11:54 AM (#14 of 14)
The kind of people that this country wants is exceptional people educated in other countries and exceptional outsiders studying in this country. That being the case, I dont think they would have different standards for people who came in as a student and for people who did not. I think this is pure speculation and we will be well served not starting new rumors.

sandpa "RFE for I-485" 4/30/02 11:38am

rfe message of tanja2

112. RFE Notice
Posted By: Tanja2 4/29/02 7:56 PM
(#188 of 190)
Just got call from my Attorney, received RFE last week for W2,
Employment Letter and pay stabs. I have included my W2 and an employment
letter with my I485.

Tanja2 "==> JULY 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 02/19/2002)" 4/29/02 7:56pm

rfe message of sgjcyp

113. RFE AOS 03/29 W2s Tax
Posted By: sgjcyp 4/30/02 2:22 PM
(#190 of 190)
RFE AOS 03/29 W2s Tax
03/14/02 RFE. W2\'s, three paystubs & 1040 with sch & attachments.
Marriage Certificate for wife.
04/16/02 Mailed the Required Docs
04/22/02 Received the Required Docs and processing resumed.
Wating for the next step ...... ?

PCee,

Please updated status on your spreadsheet.

Thanks.

sgjcyp "==> JULY 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 02/19/2002)" 4/30/02 2:22pm

How long you are with the same company?

Does INS send RFE for paystub, W2 and 1099 if the applicant works for the same company for a long time?

i guess it would

also depends on the company. if it is a well known one then i think there wouldn\'t be any RFEs. I speak from personal experience.

message of more_waiting

8. got a similar RFE
Posted By: more_waiting 4/30/02 6:48 PM
(#17 of 17)
I got a similar RFE last week. The only difference was the RFE asked for all F1 related docs (no H1 related info requested). It also asked for all paystubs and W2 since applying for 485.
My guess is that it might be new check/procedure implemented recently. I donot have any reason to believe my lawyer goofed up. It is possible that CSC has lost my file. And lastly, my 485 was filed from a start-up, which could have also triggered the RFE.

Anyway, I sent all papers to lawyer and we will reply shortly to the RFE. Then wait and watch some more.

It would be interesting to see if others are getting RFEs with similar long list of items.

485 was applied in Aug (WAC 01 286xxxxx)

more_waiting "RFE for I-485" 4/30/02 6:48pm

Spoke to an IIO

After 100 redials and 15 mins on hold, I finally talked to an IIO (who sounded Chinese)

- I asked if my case has been assigned to an officer and she said Yes.
- In the next line she said, all April cases are being processed now and mine is a June case
- I asked how much more time will it take. She said I cannot tell that.

*need wall, must bang head*

---
EB2 India,CSC, RD 04/19, ND 06/19, AP 07/23, EAD 10/03, FP 11/27, RFE 02/13, RFE Reply 03/28

Hmmmm

Thinking about it, if they are currently processing April cases, then how come I got an RFE in Feb ? (since mine is a June case).

Why am I even thinking about it ?

RFE received 3/15, reply mailed 4/3, still no AVM update. Help!!!

Received RFE on 3/15 for pay stubs, W-2, 2001 tax returns, etc. My spouse and child both got RFE\'d as well and had to redo her medical exams. All has been submitted to the attorneys who told me they have forwarded to the INS/CSC on 4/3. I asked them if they have a receipt confirmation from the US Postal Service on the RFE response mailed, which they confirmed. However, I checked the AVM a couple of times since then (last time on Saturday, 4/27) and it has not changed to the "RFE response received" message. Is this normal??? Please help.

yggrasil - rfe message

RFE
yggrasil - 11:36am May 2, 2002 EST

Damn it, got me an Rfe.

rd: 17 aug
nd: ~27 sept
fp: 12 december
fp done on : November 11 (I think)
message changed to processing resumed on Jan the 12th.

Rfe on April 26 as per AVM (Still dont know what its about).

-Yggrasil

yggrasil "RFE" 5/2/02 12:00pm

No Title

Brazuca:

An RFE was issued for me on 29 March. The attorney received it on 5 April and sent a response to INS via FedEx on 11 April.

INS received the response on 12 April. I last checked my AVM yesterday night and the AVM still has not been updated. Which address was the RFE sent? The address on the RFE is a PO Box address. So, only USPS can be sent to that address. However, my attorny sent it to the main CSC address via FedEX. I do not know if that is the reason for the delay in AVM update. All correspondence going to CSC main address has to be routed to the relevant departments.

Please let me know if your RFE response was sent to PO box address or CSC maon address. Also, did you sent using USPS express mail?

Thx

mlmg

mlmg! Response

My attorney sent RFE on 4/12 thru\' FEDEX and I had the same question. But she said they have main address and I checked it using tracker to see whether it was delivered to INS and it did. They received it on 4/15 (13 and 14 being the weekend) and my AVM got updated on 4/16 and since then it is just saying \'Response to the request has been received on 4/16 ....blah...blah..\'

Brazuca: It happens..

my wife\'s documents were recd by INS on Mar29th and the AVM has not been updated yet.Better call IIO and confirm they recd.

Thanks to all

I checked the AVM again last night and it has been changed to the "RFE response received" message. It was received 2 days after it was mailed, but for some reason it took them long to update the AVM message. Thanks to all for your responses.

RFE For Birth Certificate

I recently got an RFE for Birth Certificate, while filling for I-485 i had just attached the affidavits from my parents and for my wife affadavits from her elder brothers.
After getting the RFE i searched through all old documents and got an Birth Certificate for my wife , but it does not have her name on it. In place of her name( it is baby Mothers name). Will this document satisfy to answer to RFE?
In my case, i have certificate of name issued by local muncipal corporation. It has my DOB on it. But it only has my Father names on it. Will this document satisfy INS?

---Get it from Indian consulate---It\'s easy and accepted by INS

If you are from India, you can take a birth certificate from Indian Cosulate offices in US. That\'s how we gave our birth certificates for me and my wife. The consulate will certify the Birth date mentioned in the passport. It\'s easy ans fast and accepte by INS. you can look for Camps conducted by the Indian consulate offices in US. ----