RFE not received

So who do we believe?
RFE email , Officers , CSR , Attys?
And what is the delay about ..
using carriage-wagons instead to transport mail?

The same thing here RFE on 10/3 and nothing arrived yet. I sent fax yesterday to TSC and I called 2 days ago with no hope.

Infopass appointment

Just got back from my Infopass appointment regarding this. According to the rep, USCIS is not waiting for any response from me. He see a response received on Oct 13th. But, I failed to convince him that it is for a previous RFE that I have received on Sep 20th (Medicals).

While he do see both of these RFEs in the system, he thinks both are duplicates of each other. But he can't confirm as he can't see what is in that RFE. So, I am back to wondering what that Oct 3rd RFE might be and whether it is a real or fake RFE.

Any ideas?

Just got back from my Infopass appointment regarding this. According to the rep, USCIS is not waiting for any response from me. He see a response received on Oct 13th. But, I failed to convince him that it is for a previous RFE that I have received on Sep 20th (Medicals).

While he do see both of these RFEs in the system, he thinks both are duplicates of each other. But he can't confirm as he can't see what is in that RFE. So, I am back to wondering what that Oct 3rd RFE might be and whether it is a real or fake RFE.

Any ideas?

Under which category you scheduled your Infopass? the online categories (4) restricts appointments so much.

Please Advice

Guys -

Did not get the RFE yet that was issued on OCT 3rd.Getting very nervous do you think I need to take an Infopass appointment and go talk to the IO.Please suggest guys what you are doing..:confused::confused::confused:

I think you should

Guys -

Did not get the RFE yet that was issued on OCT 3rd.Getting very nervous do you think I need to take an Infopass appointment and go talk to the IO.Please suggest guys what you are doing..:confused::confused::confused:

I think you should go for an Infopass appointment. In my case, it didn't help me much, but you never know. The more and more I see it, it looks like a computer glitch of some sort and we shouldn't be worried about. But, hey! we are talking about a screwed up system where they send RFEs for TB skin test even after having chest X-ray reports.

Info pass is useless - I went there too. The IO didn't know a damn....Their standard reply is we don't have your file...RFE was issued by TSC....wait for some more days. BTW they also see the same status nothing beyond what was in the email sent to you by CRIS.

Also write to CIS Ombudsman and keep records of your converstaion, faxes, email, mails etc.

Oct 3rd RFE no mail yet

Skodali,
Im in the same boat as you are I was issued RFE on Oct3rd no mail yet .
but Icalled USCIS on 19th and informed them about this they raised a service request.

Its a law that if you dont receive RFE within 15 Days you need to inform USCIS they will take action on it and few people contacted local Texas center using fax line they were told oct 3rd RFE messages were generated wrongly by system error.

not sure what it is ..

Talk to your attorney take his suggestions ..
Warning : Im not a lawyer , not even worth suggesting anything :)

I called TSC and I was told that nothing required or sent and this is a system error and they are working to fix it and update the online message. Will see!!

Was it a system glitch?

Just fyi - I got an RFE email on Oct 3 too - but it was real! My lawyer got the fax on the 4th and I think he even got the actual snail mail some time later.

Not sure what to do about it - but wanted to let people know that some of those RFEs at least were real.

Good luck!

Just fyi - I got an RFE email on Oct 3 too - but it was real! My lawyer got the fax on the 4th and I think he even got the actual snail mail some time later.

Not sure what to do about it - but wanted to let people know that some of those RFEs at least were real.

Good luck!

What was your RFE about

It was ridiculous! We had to prove (both spouse and myself) that we had maintained legal status throughout our stay in the US.

Yep - we were looking through ALL our old boxes, trying to find copies of OOOOOLD old I-94s! Not fun. Did not find them all, but along with passport stamp copies and I-797s and all that, it should be okay.

The other ridiculous thing is that we know we will get another RFE soon - we had not had our skin tests done last time...

I also got RFE - Oct 3rd - but my online status didn't change. I only found about the 'Intent to Deny' letter when I called last week to see if they had recieved my EAD renewal documents.
Conversation as follows:
ME: "Hi, I want to confirm that my employment authorization documents have been recieved, since I have not yet recieved a receipt notice"
IO: "Ma'am we do not have that information in the system as of yet.
ME: " Well I also recieved a notice for a biometrics appt dated xx/xx/07 I am didn't know I had to do that again"
IO: "We do not have that in our system. You did your Bio's in 2005, you don't have to do those again...but it looks like, on Oct 3rd we sent you a letter of 'Intent to Deny'"
ME: "I'm Sorry??!! I haven't recieved any letter from you about Intending to Deny my case, what does this letter say?
IO: "I can't see that ma'am but it is probably a request for additional evidence that needs to be recieved by a specific date otherwise they will deny your case"
ME: "This is ridiculous. YOu are telling me that you have sent me a letter, of which I haven't recieved, and I am telling you that I have letter that was sent of which, you are telling me you never sent! - what do I do"

And so the conversation continued in circles - she offered to open the case and have the letter sent again, suggested I take an Infopass and insisted I don't need to go to my biometrics appt.

I called my lawyer - they recieved the Intent to Deny/RFE letter on the 10th and had sent it to me in the mail! I can't believe they didn't fax or call me about this and to make this even more confusing - they also recieved a reciept notice about my employment authorization - the same documents USCIS say they hadn't logged into their system as yet (the notice was sent a week prior to my conversation!)

so I now have until Nov 4th to submit additional evidence. I have posted a new thread regarding this and would love some advice.
thanks
Lyn

It was ridiculous! We had to prove (both spouse and myself) that we had maintained legal status throughout our stay in the US.

Yep - we were looking through ALL our old boxes, trying to find copies of OOOOOLD old I-94s! Not fun. Did not find them all, but along with passport stamp copies and I-797s and all that, it should be okay.

The other ridiculous thing is that we know we will get another RFE soon - we had not had our skin tests done last time...

From reading through the forum, this is a very common RFE for those waiting for sometime since teir initial application. I think this is a very good sign and approval, if PD is current, will be soon.

Received (I485) welcome notice today 10/23/2007

Hi

Today I have received welcome notice for myself and my wife for I485 approval. Yesterday (surprisingly) IO called to my office (response to my FAX) and told me that our cases are approved!. He is a very nice guy.

Please advice me regarding this welcome notice as follows:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On October 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

-----------------------------------------------

what is meant by ADIT?. additional documents? Please let me know.
Is it common for in all the 'welcome notice' or different from others, especially regarding ADIT.

Thanks for your feedback.
Rajendran.

EB1 (OR) - 02/13/2004.
Pending in NC: 02/13/2004.
I485 AD: 10/23/2007.

Congrats!

Hi

Today I have received welcome notice for myself and my wife for I485 approval. Yesterday (surprisingly) IO called to my office (response to my FAX) and told me that our cases are approved!. He is a very nice guy.

Please advice me regarding this welcome notice as follows:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On October 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

-----------------------------------------------

what is meant by ADIT?. additional documents? Please let me know.
Is it common for in all the 'welcome notice' or different from others, especially regarding ADIT.

Thanks for your feedback.
Rajendran.

EB1 (OR) - 02/13/2004.
Pending in NC: 02/13/2004.
I485 AD: 10/23/2007.

Congrats Rajendran! I can't answer your questions as I am not quite there yet. But, what happened to your RFE on Oct 3rd? Have you ever received it? Or have you been informed that it is a fake one?

Actually, you are correct. Oct 3rd RFE is not correct, it is due to system
error. I was told the same by IO when he called yesterday.

Same here. It was sent on OCT 3rd and i have not got it yet. I will send a fax to the number above.Lets all be in touch and help each other out with this RFE situation.

We sent a fax yesterday again, and today I see an LUD but no message change.

RFE was supposedly issued on Oct 03 , but we havent received anything yet. Anyone on the same boat ?

still on the same boat

We sent a fax yesterday again, and today I see an LUD but no message change.

RFE was supposedly issued on Oct 03 , but we havent received anything yet. Anyone on the same boat ?

I haven't received mine either. No LUD change, no message change yet.