RFE not received

LUD Change on 11/2/07 30 days after RFE email

Still did not recievethe actual RFE but the LUD has changed from 10/4 to 11/02.
Dont know what is going on.:confused:

Still did not recievethe actual RFE but the LUD has changed from 10/4 to 11/02.
Dont know what is going on.:confused:

This is approval if your priority date is current. I just received my GC in the mail and I was one of those who suffer from the 10/3 system error

Me to got the 10/3 RFE but got approved on 11/1.
Wife got an RFE instead ..so seems to be 10/3 confusion..
Good Luck

Status changed as "Document mailed to applicant". For reference my atty requested to resend an RFE notice issued 9/26/07, but was never received. Hopefully it's an RFE resend.

I got the RFE on my wife's case on OCT 3rd we (me /lawyer) did not get the RFE.I sent several faxes called the TSC and requested the resend several times nothing yet.In the meanwhile my wife's EAD renewal application was rejected on NOV 1st.Her EAD expires in APR 08.I am not sure what the reason for denial of EAD is. I checked with TSC and they say that the 485 is still pending although a RFE was issued on it.Please suggest what do i do now both for the RFE and 485:mad::confused::confused:

Hi, did you get to find out what the RFE is about ? Is it because of the phantom Oct 03 RFE ?

Still nothing here... my attorney wanted to wait a few days to see if we get anything after I called TSC and asked to resend...

This is nerve wrecking...

My attorney received the RFE at last, it was for TB skin test as anticipated for my little one. They originally sent to attorney's old address. Then I and attorney faxed them with updated G28. RFE has a date stamp when they resent as well. However it was not an OCT 3rd RFE, it was originally issued 25th Sept.

Oct 3 RFE not received yet

Hello folks,
I got my GC plastic card 3 months ago. I have priority date of April 2004 and my case was transferred from Vermont to Texas service center in March 2007. However, my wife's 485 had an Oct 3 RFE on it in the USCIS online status site. But since we did not receive any RFE at home or at attorney's office, I called the cust support 2 weeks ago and was told that it will be re-send and it may take another 30 days. It's been almost 6 weeks and no RFE yet. After reading this forum it appears that RFE status update was a system error. However the cust support lady that I spoke to did not know that.
I am not sure what my next couse of action should be for this ?!! Could you guys throw some advices ?

Thanks,
Jay.

Ask your attorney to fax a request to resend the RFE notice, with a copy of G28 and keep the fax receipt for your records, just in case.

What's TSC fax number for I-485 RFE queries?

Can somebody please let me know the correct TSC fax number for I-485 RFE queries? I better fax a re-send request and keep a copy for my records just in case for the worst case scenario.

Thanks in advance,
Jay.

My original message:-
(Hello folks,
I got my GC plastic card 3 months ago. I have priority date of April 2004 and my case was transferred from Vermont to Texas service center in March 2007. However, my wife's 485 had an Oct 3 RFE on it in the USCIS online status site. But since we did not receive any RFE at home or at attorney's office, I called the cust support 2 weeks ago and was told that it will be re-send and it may take another 30 days. It's been almost 6 weeks and no RFE yet. After reading this forum it appears that RFE status update was a system error. However the cust support lady that I spoke to did not know that.
I am not sure what my next couse of action should be for this ?!! Could you guys throw some advices ?

Thanks,
Jay. )

fax

Here is the FAX number I found on this thread # 214-962-5428. My attorney sent a request over this number but no response. But, some people received response. Good luck.

Can somebody please let me know the correct TSC fax number for I-485 RFE queries? I better fax a re-send request and keep a copy for my records just in case for the worst case scenario.

Thanks in advance,
Jay.

My original message:-
(Hello folks,

Thanks,
Jay. )

Hey guys, did anybody make any progress?
Still nothing here... my lawyer will call them today.

RFE from Sep 19... No progress yet

Hey guys, did anybody make any progress?
Still nothing here... my lawyer will call them today.

I have been calling like a madman -- may be that is probably hurting the process. At this time, my main hope is that the RFE was issued in error (Attorney moved and RFE did not bounce). Other hope is that they will resend it with a new date.

Worst case... let me not even think about it :(

My lawyer called today and was told that they had "computer problems" and that they will call him back after they pull up my file to see if there was a real RFE. They told him it would take 10-15 days.

Oct 3rd RFE discussion

"On October 3, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service."

Exact same email notice was sent to me on OCt 3rd, but neither me nor my attorney received the RFE.

* My attorney has called twice and each time they told her that nor RFE was issued and online system was showing this as a mistake
* I called them twice, first time I was told the same thing, but yesterday I was told that they are going to resend the RFE and I do need to respond to it within 87 days of the original RFE request (by Dec end)

Questions are:
* Has anyone with the Oct 3rd RFE email message actually received the RFE?
* Has anyone gotten a response other than I mention above?
* Does faxing generate any response from CIS?

Thanks and god bless!

I sent fax for some other request other than RFE to RFE line yesterday and today and haven't noticed any change. Where as mogambo1 sent a non RFE related request to RFE line and he received his approval within hours.

Make a Info pass appointment and ask them to give you a copy. If it is local go twice a week. Or I was wondering if making a trip to TSC will help :) :) :)

Sending non-RFE requests to the RFE fax line when USCIS capitalizes the ONLY in RFE ONLY... may not be so good for the rest of us who need the USCIS to have a quick way to get our RFE replies.

USCIS needs to make sure someone actually receives the RFE before enforcing the 30 day rule. What idiots! Cannot imagine the people who don't check online?!

We are all trying to "hurry up", but it seems like its always just hurry up and wait...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this happening again?

Guys,

My wife's case was updated with RFE. We found this when we checked online. We did not get any email. However it has been 10 days and we have not received RFE yet. Should I wait for a few days or should I start faxing TSC? This is really really driving me nuts...

Our case approved on Nov 6 and got card also but in case of my son's case I saw RFE message, They sent RFE on November 2nd. My attorney and me nobody received any RFE from USCIS. Called 4-5 time to USCIS and finally today they opened Service request. I faxed couple of times but no response from TSC.

Don't know the next step.

Received my RFE today:

Please submit a current employment letter. This letter should be on company letterhead and should attest to the applicant's job-offer or continued employment. This letter should also state your level of compensation and date of hire if applicable.

Still waiting on Wife's RFE.