Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Who in fact organize oath ceremonies? Is it the Federal Court system, the District Office, or the local authorities (Governor, Senators, event organizers ?)

I am wondering how difficult is it to organize such an event ?

I would think USCIS organizes them and coordinates the schedule with other government agencies. Considering that they have held oaths attended by up to 3000 citizens at a time in Miami and LA, you hope they have it down to a science.

Good luck tomorrow at oath ceremony PhishC..I hope it's not too chaotic since it's the biggest oath ever in Raleigh. Let us know how it went.

Thanks! I'll post my experience on Saturday, as we intend to make the most of the opportunity of being there for the Convention Center's grand opening and beyond, Hanna permitting. The fact that I have to "report" at 10:30am for a 1pm ceremony implies that they're not taking any chances, giving themselves 2 1/2 hours for pre-processing. We'll see...

After the oath, please ask when the next one will be if you remember. I know you can forget, with all the excitement that will follow the ceremony

I'm still here guys and gals. No News for me yet. I did not get my oath for today. At this point I don't even care anymore.

I'm still here guys and gals. No News for me yet. I did not get my oath for today. At this point I don't even care anymore.

You did not receive oath notice ? Pretty strange. Have you tried to call Customer Service to ask what is going on ? i am wondering if the cut-off date for today's oath was mid-July. if that is the case, they will have to another oath at by mid november at the latest (120 days), which means we still miss the election :mad::mad::mad:

I waS wrong I was scheduled for an oath today..yay.... 2 bad they sent it to the wrong dang address. They mixed my adresses up and sent it to the wrong friggin state... Like I said I don't even care.........:rolleyes:

I waS wrong I was scheduled for an oath today..yay.... 2 bad they sent it to the wrong dang address. They mixed my adresses up and sent it to the wrong friggin state... Like I said I don't even care.........:rolleyes:

Admit it, you DO care, even if it's a little bit!:D

When is your oath? Oh yeah, congratulations!

My mom laughed when i just told her what they did... It really is quite funny. Honestly though It doenst really bother me anymore. I used to care alot about this but now its like whatever. It just baffles me to hear how stupid their mistakes really are. This really made my weekend though...lol

My mom laughed when i just told her what they did... It really is quite funny. Honestly though It doenst really bother me anymore. I used to care alot about this but now its like whatever. It just baffles me to hear how stupid their mistakes really are. This really made my weekend though...lol

I don't think this is funny. Schedule and infopass and tell them what happened.

Why didn't you check by calling USCIS two weeks ago since you were told at interview that oath will be on 09/05/2008 ? Oh !!!! I forgot, you don't care anymore. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

More on Descheduled Appointment

In order to help you better understand the scheduling/descheduling circumstances I am passing along this portion of a recent email I received:

Mr. __________ and Ms. ____________ (DHS/USCIS Raleigh District Office) have asked me to pass along this information to all of the chapter members concerning descheduled appointments. There was a clerical error which resulted in sending out interview notices which should not have been sent. For that reason, notices are being sent to deschedule appointments for N-400s during October and notices are also being sent for 11:00 a.m. appointments for I-485s during October. The only reason these appointments are being descheduled is because of a clerical error and Mr. _________ indicated that he hopes to reschedule them by November. He was unhappy that these notices got sent out before he caught the clerical error and he apologizes for not having caught it earlier.

In order to help you better understand the scheduling/descheduling circumstances I am passing along this portion of a recent email I received:

Mr. __________ and Ms. ____________ (DHS/USCIS Raleigh District Office) have asked me to pass along this information to all of the chapter members concerning descheduled appointments. There was a clerical error which resulted in sending out interview notices which should not have been sent. For that reason, notices are being sent to deschedule appointments for N-400s during October and notices are also being sent for 11:00 a.m. appointments for I-485s during October. The only reason these appointments are being descheduled is because of a clerical error and Mr. _________ indicated that he hopes to reschedule them by November. He was unhappy that these notices got sent out before he caught the clerical error and he apologizes for not having caught it earlier.

is this a response to an inquiry that you or someone have made? Are you member of a certain association affiliated to USCIS ? i don't get the term "chapter members". Or are you an Immigration Officer :rolleyes::rolleyes: ? Or have you tracked an e-mailed between USCIS officers ?

I called USCIS Customer service, and was told that the next oath in Raleigh is going to be in January 2009. i really don't want to believe it. I am desperatly trying to make another infopass to ask to IO in Durham.

No i am not. This a response i received from an immigration attorney i know him very well

Oh.... I got you. it is a letter distributed between lawyers regarding the massive deschedule that occured last month.

that makes sense now.
thanks for sharing this precious and i assume "confidential" information.
If it is not too demanding, can you ask your lawyer when the next oath will be in the triangle ?

I called USCIS Customer service, and was told that the next oath in Raleigh is going to be in January 2009. i really don't want to believe it. I am desperatly trying to make another infopass to ask to IO in Durham.

I doubt that to be true since several Durham IOs have confirmed a September and October oath.
I also just called USCIS and was told I was placed in oath queue yesterday and it shouldn't be much longer for oath. The IO told me they don't have any info on the next oath in Raleigh as it changes according to availability.
Finally, I see no available Infopass appointments for the Durham DO. Wonder if that is a system glitch or if they really have all been booked.

synn_r, when you moved to NY, did you confirm address change with an IO?

Before I left the interview the IO changed it for me she even reverified the address change.
They kinda had the new street and number and left the state in Charlotte NC so It went to west bubblefudge... who knows but i am trying to contact an IO at that office to see whats up. When I was there I was told that there were going to be 2 this month.

I doubt that to be true since several Durham IOs have confirmed a September and October oath.
I also just called USCIS and was told I was placed in oath queue yesterday and it shouldn't be much longer for oath. The IO told me they don't have any info on the next oath in Raleigh as it changes according to availability.
Finally, I see no available Infopass appointments for the Durham DO. Wonder if that is a system glitch or if they really have all been booked.

I do too. i hink she had no clue what she was talking about an she just said that so i can hang up the phone.