Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Ahh, you have the capitalist spirit and are well on your way to becoming an American:)

What date did you make Infopass pass appointment for fbanna? Monday Sept 8th?

:eek::eek: I don't think they give a clue about naturalization. Some people think that is more candidates to take away their jobs.

Either that or r news resources were focussed on the over dramatized coverage of TS Hanna. I wonder how they would react to an annual Monsoon season.

I was scared last night thinking Hanna was going to take my roof away. But like you said, the media have dramatized it. It was nothing more than rain and slow wind.

knp and PhishC covered most of the details of the ceremony. I think it was well organized, considerng the efforts required to arrange the oath of 919 citizens from 112 countries, especially when it was a first of its kind of ceremony at Raleigh. The initial wait from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm was making things little anxious. But I guess everyone was too excited and also due to the international festival, there were lot more activities to do during that wait period. This was great ceremony compared to the regular ones and I feel lucky / honored to take oath during the historic event of Raleigh!

Finally I received the naturalization certificate at 3.00 pm and immediately I went to apply for the passport as I need to travel outside US. I did not get chance to make a copy of the naturalization certificate but I have noted the certificate# etc. So shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and also making valuable suggestions. I am sincerely hoping that all of you will soon get your interview / oath dates and done with this immeegration process forever (See within 24 hours, I even forgot the spelling of immigrrrratoion, something I dealt with during last 14 years:cool::cool:).

Good Luck to all of you. fbanna, bobsmyth, synnr, safferjoe.. hang in there, its just matter of days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very excited that at least some of us are done with USCIS. For the rest of us, like you said, it is just a matter of days, and it will be over.

Congratulations to those of you who are done with USCIS.

I finally got my interview notice, after more than 730 days. My priority date was January 23, 2006.

On the interview document check list, they said it is not required but recommended that I bring two passport style photos. What's the use for that if I can't take oath and apply for the passport that day?

Thanks.

Your priority date was January 2006, so I assume they want to have most recent photos to produce your naturalization certificate.

The photos you submitted two years ago are probably too old. It only costs about 5 bucks to get new photos, so please get new ones.

I finally got my interview notice, after more than 730 days. My priority date was January 23, 2006.

On the interview document check list, they said it is not required but recommended that I bring two passport style photos. What's the use for that if I can't take oath and apply for the passport that day?

Thanks.

Congratulations!
The recommendation to bring 2 passport style pictures at the IL is standard for all applicants. The reason is that in case your original pictures are not good, you will have backups at the IL. I brought the 2 additional photos at interview but was never asked for them by IO.

September 17 is the Constitution and Citizenship day. This may be a good opportunity for the Raleigh DO to schedule oath for another thousand new citizens.
Bob, do you have any idea if there will be celebration in the Triangle? I have not been able to track anything

September 17 is the Constitution and Citizenship day. This may be a good opportunity for the Raleigh DO to schedule oath for another thousand new citizens.
Bob, do you have any idea if there will be celebration in the Triangle? I have not been able to track anything

I haven't seen any mention of there be any official celebrations on citizenship day. My guess is that several oaths will be scheduled for September 19 and/or 26 at the Raleigh federal courthouse.

I haven't seen any mention of there be any official celebrations on citizenship day. My guess is that several oaths will be scheduled for September 19 and/or 26 at the Raleigh federal courthouse.

Hi i am new to this form, although i have been following this thread from sometime didn't have anything to contribute, as my father-in-law is in the same situation as you guys. But i have some great new.

Finally he received his Oath Letter today for 29 Sept. (his interview was on 14 Aug and the IO had said he would get in 5 Sept. but didn't)

The Oath is at the Raleigh Durham office itself in the morning. And the OL was printed on 2 Sept.

Hi i am new to this form, although i have been following this thread from sometime didn't have anything to contribute, as my father-in-law is in the same situation as you guys. But i have some great new.

Finally he received his Oath Letter today for 29 Sept. (his interview was on 14 Aug and the IO had said he would get in 5 Sept. but didn't)

The Oath is at the Raleigh Durham office itself in the morning. And the OL was printed on 2 Sept.

Great news and thanks for the information. Now, we know at least that there will be another oath at the end of September. Let's pray that we will be included to this one. They have until Sept 15, 2008 to meet the 2 weeks notice.

By the way, is he in the military

Great news and thanks for the information. Now, we know at least that there will be another oath at the end of September. Let's pray that we will be included to this one. They have until Sept 15, 2008 to meet the 2 weeks notice.

By the way, is he in the military

No he is not in military.