Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Thanks for sharing the info vjee83..do you know his timeline?

Dont know the precise dates, but it was some what like this:
Sent N-400 - June 07
Priority Date - late July 07
NOA - Sept 07
FP notice - Oct 07
FP Date - Nov 07
IL: July 08
ID: 08/14/08 (Durham DO) Passed!
OL: 09/06/08
OD: 09/29/08

Hello all.

I have just done my interview in Durham - all went well.

The IO did mention that they are working to get all of the oaths done in time for the election, and that they expect it to be before 10/3.

This being my first post, I have been a frequent reader of this site (this thread and the Charlotte one in particular) since I submitted by N400 in January 2007. (Wife was naturalized in November last year, I was "name checked", hence the delay.) So - thanks to the advice you gave me (even though you didn't know it!).

i was at Durham DO for the infopass. I forgot to take my Green card with me and she reminded me that by law, all LPR are required to carry their green Card with them all the time, and i can go to jail for not abeying :( . I apologized and here were the responses to my questions:

1- Next oaths: The next oath is September 29, 2008 (We already know that). It will be held at the Durham Office. there will be another oath ceremony beginning of October, she doesn't know the exact date, but it will be before Oct 10, 2008 (Last day to register for elections). She said those who have already passed don't have to worry about not being able to vote. it will happen :D. We should receive oath notices two weeks prior to either the September 9, or the October ceremony. :D

2- Massive deschedule: She said reasons may vary, but in general it is due to either staff issue or files not received from TSC. That was all I can track for massive deschedule. I think one may be able to track his own case further by calling Customer Service or making infopass.

Thanks and hope these information help some of you.

Thanks fbanna79. I hope they start sending the files to the DOs soon as looks like there may be a waitlist building here :(((

Massive deschedule: She said reasons may vary, but in general it is due to either staff issue or files not received from TSC. That was all I can track for massive deschedule. I think one may be able to track his own case further by calling Customer Service or making infopass.

Thanks fbanna for the quick post. Congratulation to you n Bob. You will be able to vote for sure in 2008!
Also cookies are on your way. Washburn will send it over , rite?
Murali..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, i wish i had more information for you, or I wish i could come back with your interview letters.:eek:

Hello all.

I have just done my interview in Durham - all went well.

The IO did mention that they are working to get all of the oaths done in time for the election, and that they expect it to be before 10/3.

This being my first post, I have been a frequent reader of this site (this thread and the Charlotte one in particular) since I submitted by N400 in January 2007. (Wife was naturalized in November last year, I was "name checked", hence the delay.) So - thanks to the advice you gave me (even though you didn't know it!).

Congratulations Just jim. To all other guests reading this forum, please feel free to jump in and share your timeline. This helps others know what is going on.

Congratulations Just jim. To all other guests reading this forum, please feel free to jump in and share your timeline. This helps others know what is going on.

Puting together what you have heard and what i heard today, I think next oath ceremonies may be 9/29 and 10/3. But I may be wrong about the second one.

notice of action received today it stated that my case was transferred to USCIS NB center for processing, and should expect to be notified for interview within 365 days of this notice.