Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

fbanna79 you say that now but when you are there and see an office full of employees just walking back and forth doing abosolutly nothing, it kinda get a lil aggrevating....:eek:

Hi all, I have some good news and bad news.

Here we go...... I got there around 9:30am. My name was at the door so the Ao did not lie. I went upstairs to the interview area and checked in. I was in the waiting room for about 3 hours. There was only 4 ppl in there with me so that kinda ticked me off. I got called in around 12:45. I talked to the AO and she was a very nice lady. We went over the application and she made 1 change. She asked me 10 questions. Which I noticed was random. She asked me about my detainment. I was so very hesitant to tell her but she already knew. So i explained and all was well. I was recommended for approval.

Here is the bad news...... It was too late for me to do the oath the same day. She then went on to tell me that there will be a huge oath on Sept. 5th that the govener will be at..like I reallly give a hoot about the govener. Anyway I have to wait like everyone else for the Oath.. But all in all I would say I am one step closer to being a citizen....:cool:

Congratulations, synn_r! :D And thanks for sharing! Sounds like your interview went OK, apart from the wait. Bummer about having to travel again to your oath.

As fbanna noted, it looks like a bunch of us will likely meet at the oath ceremony. I'm still trying to make out whether Bob is German, Russian, Indian, Turkish, or Iranian... ;)

Got Fingerprint appt for Charlotte, can I go to Raleigh office?

Guys,

I live in the Raleigh area. Got a fingerprint notice appointment for Charlotte in two weeks time. Can I go to Raleigh office to get this done? What is the procedure? Has any one done this? Why are they still sending us to Charlotte area when there is a local District Office?

Thanks in advance.

Charlotte FP notice, I live in Raleigh area, what to do?

My zip code is 27518 and I live in Cary. What can I do to get my fingerprinting done at Durham office? Can any one with similar experience post? I want to avoid going to Charlotte which will take a whole day as I have kids.

My zip code is 27518 and I live in Cary. What can I do to get my fingerprinting done at Durham office? Can any one with similar experience post? I want to avoid going to Charlotte which will take a whole day as I have kids.

When did you apply? Do an Infopass at the Raleigh DO to see if they can fit you in for a FP walk in.

Infopass system comes back with this message:

At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.

--
I am just totally lost as to how can they do this. Fingerprints can be done at the local office. What's the need to put one 200 miles away for a thing that is available in less than 20 miles?

Does any one know what's the walk in day for fingerprints at Raleigh Durham district office?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most DOs accept FP walk ins on Wednesday or Saturday. Try going to Raleigh DO tomorrow afternoon and explain to them your situation. Show your Charlotte FP letter to the guards and hopefully they'll be able to accomodate you.

hi

We had our interview at Durham DO last month. We have not received any notification about Oath ceremony. Wondering if anyone got any concrete/official notification about Oath ceremony in the Durham DO.

sbagade800 - you seem to have similar timeline and are waiting for Oath ceremony as well. You seem to have taken an InfoPass last week. Can you please let us know what they said during your InfoPass?

thanks

-----------------
05/15/07: N400 sent (Charlotte)
06/15/07: FPs taken (Charlotte)
06/06/08: IL ND
06/23/08: Interview completed (Durham DO)
?? : Oath

hi

We had our interview at Durham DO last month. We have not received any notification about Oath ceremony. Wondering if anyone got any concrete/official notification about Oath ceremony in the Durham DO.

sbagade800 - you seem to have similar timeline and are waiting for Oath ceremony as well. You seem to have taken an InfoPass last week. Can you please let us know what they said during your InfoPass?

thanks

-----------------
05/15/07: N400 sent (Charlotte)
06/15/07: FPs taken (Charlotte)
06/06/08: IL ND
06/23/08: Interview completed (Durham DO)
?? : Oath

Synn_r just had her interview last week and was told that there will be a big oath ceremony September 5th. Let's hope you don't have to wait until then.

Military N-400

Found out today why I was sent to Raleigh. It seems as though all Military N-400 Applications has been routed to that DO.

Since I live in Charlotte I am trying now to request my oath down here. I am not sure if I should just wait and take my oath in Sept. Or if it would be faster to see if I could get it done here.

What do you guys think?:confused: