Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Yes I have his name. Do you happen to know the DO number. I don't want to call the person back and make him feel like I think he is incompetent or something.:confused:

But he told me it was an interview to bring everything and the kitchen sink and he even went on to talk about taking the oath the same day. But I just don't want to waste time or money here.

Yes I have his name. Do you happen to know the DO number. I don't want to call the person back and make him feel like I think he is incompetent or something.:confused:

But he told me it was an interview to bring everything and the kitchen sink and he even went on to talk about taking the oath the same day. But I just don't want to waste time or money here.

(919) 998 -5800 is the Durham DO's main number, but I don't think their phone directory service is working. You can try dialing several numbers in the same range (ex:919-998-5801,5802,5803,5804...etc) in the hopes of getting a live person who can then transfer you to the IO you previously spoke to.

I called the Military line to see if they had a record of my interview to my surprise they did not. So I recovered the email from Raleigh DO and I asked him for some type of responce to say the date and time but he replied to me saying that they will have my name at the door just bring proper ID.

So I printed off that e-mail and I will take that with me as my back up in case they really don't have my name at the door. But as for now I don't think it should be a problem. I am just getting a lil nervous.... I swear I always get like this. Bare with me ppl....... You might read some crazy questions from me in the next 2 days.......But I hope it won't be too off the wall..... :)

I called the Military line to see if they had a record of my interview to my surprise they did not. So I recovered the email from Raleigh DO and I asked him for some type of responce to say the date and time but he replied to me saying that they will have my name at the door just bring proper ID.

So I printed off that e-mail and I will take that with me as my back up in case they really don't have my name at the door. But as for now I don't think it should be a problem. I am just getting a lil nervous.... I swear I always get like this. Bare with me ppl....... You might read some crazy questions from me in the next 2 days.......But I hope it won't be too off the wall..... :)

Make sure you have you blood and pregnancy test ready before you go for your interview. :D

Tomorrow is D Day for me. I am so scared. I have a issue. The detainment last month. I called back the police department and they don't have anything on me there. Should I mention it? I have no paper work to say anyhting since the officer said that it was standard procedure down here. I am confused I don't want to lye, but I have no proof of anything... Plese advise.....:confused:

Tomorrow is D Day for me. I am so scared. I have a issue. The detainment last month. I called back the police department and they don't have anything on me there. Should I mention it? I have no paper work to say anyhting since the officer said that it was standard procedure down here. I am confused I don't want to lye, but I have no proof of anything... Plese advise.....:confused:

Since the CMPD doesn't have a record of the detainment, in their eyes it never happened. I find it strange that they don't even have a report on the incident since they went as far as suspecting you of drug dealing. I wouldn't worry about it if CMPD since doesn't have a record of it or considers it to be a non event. Good luck!! You'll do fine.

Still waiting for Oath letter

Still I have not received any oath letter. Today I called Raleigh (old office) and they told me that everything is now shifted to Durham. They also informed me that there was an oath ceremony on July 4th, but the officer was not confident. Finally I have taken info pass and I will be visiting there on Tuesday to see whats happening with the oath ceremony. Anyone has any info on whether there was a oath ceremony on July 4th at Durham.

I will update after visiting Durham on tuesday.

N400 PD : 03/27/2008
FP ND : 03/31/2008
FP Taken : 04/16/2008 (Charlotte)
IL ND : 05/01/2008
ID : 06/17/2008 (Raleigh DO)
Oath ND : ????
Oath Taken : ????

Still I have not received any oath letter. Today I called Raleigh (old office) and they told me that everything is now shifted to Durham.

Do you mean you called Charlotte since there was/is no old office in Raleigh? The only oath ceremony in NC held on July 4th that I'am aware of was the one in Southport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean you called Charlotte since there was/is no old office in Raleigh? The only oath ceremony in NC held on July 4th that I'am aware of was the one in Southport.

I think there is customs and border security department office at Raleigh, they used to handle some immigration issues (I am not sure to what extent). I tried 919-998-5800 few times but difficult to get through voice sytstem. Then I got the number of this customs and border security office number on the net and they told me that all the immigration cases are now handled from Durham and also told me that he thinks that there was oath ceremony on July 4th. Again, I have infopass for next tuesday so things will be clear during that visit.

No News from Synn_r so far? I guess it is because it is being a long day, interviewing and taking oath the same day.

synn_r ,

Hope you had a great day and they approved your petition and gave you your oath today. everyone in here is waiting to hear from you pal......

My assumption is that everything went well and he is out today celebrating being an official USC........ and iF that is the case CONGRATULATIONS Ms.

Last edited by a moderator:
synn_r ,

Hope you had a great day and they approved your petition and gave you your oath today. everyone in here is waiting to hear from you pal......

My assumption is that everything went well and he is out today celebrating being an official USC........ and iF that is the case CONGRATULATIONS SIR.

synn_r is a miss, not a sir.;)

Interview Passed

Hi all, I have some good news and bad news.

Here we go...... I got there around 9:30am. My name was at the door so the Ao did not lie. I went upstairs to the interview area and checked in. I was in the waiting room for about 3 hours. There was only 4 ppl in there with me so that kinda ticked me off. I got called in around 12:45. I talked to the AO and she was a very nice lady. We went over the application and she made 1 change. She asked me 10 questions. Which I noticed was random. She asked me about my detainment. I was so very hesitant to tell her but she already knew. So i explained and all was well. I was recommended for approval.

Here is the bad news...... It was too late for me to do the oath the same day. She then went on to tell me that there will be a huge oath on Sept. 5th that the govener will be at..like I reallly give a hoot about the govener. Anyway I have to wait like everyone else for the Oath.. But all in all I would say I am one step closer to being a citizen....:cool:

Hi all, I have some good news and bad news.

Here we go...... I got there around 9:30am. My name was at the door so the Ao did not lie. I went upstairs to the interview area and checked in. I was in the waiting room for about 3 hours. There was only 4 ppl in there with me so that kinda ticked me off. I got called in around 12:45. I talked to the AO and she was a very nice lady. We went over the application and she made 1 change. She asked me 10 questions. Which I noticed was random. She asked me about my detainment. I was so very hesitant to tell her but she already knew. So i explained and all was well. I was recommended for approval.

Here is the bad news...... It was too late for me to do the oath the same day. She then went on to tell me that there will be a huge oath on Sept. 5th that the govener will be at..like I reallly give a hoot about the govener. Anyway I have to wait like everyone else for the Oath.. But all in all I would say I am one step closer to being a citizen....:cool:

Congratulations syn_r..finally some good news..will the oath be held at the DO or somewhere else?

May be in the cimetery like Arlington. So that means many people in this forum will get the opportunity to meet at this "Big event" Synn_R, Bobsmyth, myself and many more if everything goes well.

May be in the cimetery like Arlington. So that means many people in this forum will get the opportunity to meet at this "Big event" Synn_R, Bobsmyth, myself and many more if everything goes well.

I just hope we don't have to wait hours to be interviewed like synn_r experienced.