Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Yo All!!!!

I received interview letter today!!! errrrr... actually yesterday (07/05/2008). Please see my signature. Interview is at Durham,NC :)

Thanks,
Newbie001.

Whats your zip code. My zip code is 27419 and i don't know if my interview will take place in Durahm

Still no oath letter!

I am assuming based on the silence of the two people who had interview in this forum. May be they were so excited that they did not remember to inform us.

I am still waiting for the oath letter or any information related to oath ceremony. Its more than 3 weeks since the interview but no progress after that. I believe more than 40 people cleared their interview on June 17th, I am still not sure if there was any oath ceremony till now at Durham.

Bobsmyth,

This means Raleigh/Durham DO do not do same day oath like Charlotte? :confused:
My interview is scheduled at 9 AM. I thought I will get same day oath. :(

Anybody who successfully completed interview process, please share your experience.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

I haven't seen any confirmation of same day oath being available at either Charlotte or Raleigh DO. The closest I saw was next day oath at Charlotte as posted by gatedgal a few months ago.

They don't have a clue whats going on. I called back today. First the lady said it was in Charlotte Then it was in Raleigh. then its going to get tranferred to Charlotte then its going to be scheduled from Raleigh to Charlotte. I then asked is the Charlotte office Closing she said she did not hear anything. I am really very curous at this point WTF is going on..........

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't have a clue whats going on. I called back today. First the lady said it was in Charlotte Then it was in Raleigh. then its going to get tranferred to Charlotte then its going to be scheduled from Raleigh to Charlotte. I then asked is the Charlotte office Closing she said she did not hear anything. I am really very curous at this point WTF is going on..........

The Charlotte DO isn't closing. The agent must have meant closed for July 4th holiday. It could be that all NC military based applications will be handled by Raleigh DO due to vicinity of Fayetteville.

I haven't seen any confirmation of same day oath being available at either Charlotte or Raleigh DO. The closest I saw was next day oath at Charlotte as posted by gatedgal a few months ago.

I know four people who interviewed last year in Charlotte and they all got same day oaths. My guess is that Durham is not fully operational and no oaths has yet been scheduled except for military-based applicants. I could be wrong.

I was told today that they were going to try to let me take my oath the same day. But form what was siad to me, since thsi DO is so new.. not all things are running as smotth as they want them to be.

I was told today that they were going to try to let me take my oath the same day. But form what was siad to me, since thsi DO is so new.. not all things are running as smotth as they want them to be.

Finally some good news about your interview date synn_r. Only 1 week to practice.
My guess is that they have oaths every Friday or every second Friday. Hopefully you'll get to take the same day oath.Good luck !!

Finally some good news about your interview date synn_r. Only 1 week to practice.
My guess is that they have oaths every Friday or every second Friday. Hopefully you'll get to take the same day oath.Good luck !!
If you are talking about the Raleigh DO, we have never heard from the two people who had their interview there. The latest was that one of them did not receive his oath notice until after July 4th.

So I don't think Raleigh DO is doing same day interview at this time, but who knows ?

Who will see what Synnr will get on July 18, 2008.

If you are talking about the Raleigh DO, we have never heard from the two people who had their interview there. The latest was that one of them did not receive his oath notice until after July 4th.

So I don't think Raleigh DO is doing same day interview at this time, but who knows ?

Who will see what Synnr will get on July 18, 2008.

I was basing my assumption on the fact that synn_r has military based application and that Raleigh DO had military based oath on opening day back in April.

Well from what the AO told me, he is hoping that everything runs smoothly on Friday so I can get the oath the same day. So Maybe you guys are right on the money. But I will most def inquire about that on Friday.... I am sooo Nervous....:eek:

Synn_r,

Please update your interview experience. We are eager to know if Raleigh DO has same day oath.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

Synn_r,

Please update your interview experience. We are eager to know if Raleigh DO has same day oath.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

From what we know so far, Durham does not do same day oath. Synn_r's application is military-based, an cannot give a good example for others who are not military based.

The two people that passed their interview in June on this forum were not scheduled for oath up after July 4th. I have no recent news from them.

I called the Military help line and they are saying that I am in queue for interview. Now the person I spoke to at the DO said that I won't get a letter or anything just to be there and they will have my name at the door. This is kinda scary because I am taking a day off and driving to Raleigh. I just want to be sure that I will be seen. What do you guys think?

I called the Military help line and they are saying that I am in queue for interview. Now the person I spoke to at the DO said that I won't get a letter or anything just to be there and they will have my name at the door. This is kinda scary because I am taking a day off and driving to Raleigh. I just want to be sure that I will be seen. What do you guys think?
Did you get the person's name at the DO? Ask the DO if you'll have any issues trying to get past security because the first thing they do is ask for your letter.

It is the first time I come accross this type of interview without interview notice. Are you really sure the IO wanted you to go there for interview or to check your case (Infopass).

If i was you, I will call back again. Do you think they already have your file at Raleigh DO? Try to verify these things. However, show up on the day and see what happens.