Processing time for green card based on asylum

Can someone tell me if i need covid 19 vaccine to apply for green card and what is the vaccines list for the green card.

Hello all,

I wanted to share my timeline as I know how comforting it is to see people in your situation getting approved.

May 16, 2023: Application receipt date. Filed without medicals.
May 17, 2023: Fingerprint applied (didn't take new ones. The previous fingerprints were applied)
Nov 16, 2023: Interfiled medicals without RFE.

.... CRICKETS.. No updates

July 3, 2024: We ordered your new card
July 11, 2024: Approval Notice received in the mail

Waiting on the card to come in the mail...

Note: Filed without medicals because I submitted my green card application 6 months after my asylum approval date. The policy update allowing people to file without waiting for the one year of physical presence was just published and my lawyer had recommended that I wait until 9 month after my approval date to submit my I-485 application. I did not want to wait that long. My strategy was to submit the application after 6 month, allowing about 3 month for processing. There were applications being approved between 3-6 months last year. I was thinking that if, by a miracle, I was lucky enough to be approved within that timeframe, I would use the RFE to buy me time to fulfill the 1 year physical presence requirement. This did not end up happening.

COUNTDOWN TO CITIZENSHIP!

Good luck everyone!

Hello all,

I wanted to share my timeline as I know how comforting it is to see people in your situation getting approved.

May 16, 2023: Application receipt date. Filed without medicals.
May 17, 2023: Fingerprint applied (didn't take new ones. The previous fingerprints were applied)
Nov 16, 2023: Interfiled medicals without RFE.

.... CRICKETS.. No updates

July 3, 2024: We ordered your new card
July 11, 2024: Approval Notice received in the mail

Waiting on the card to come in the mail...

Note: Filed without medicals because I submitted my green card application 6 months after my asylum approval date. The policy update allowing people to file without waiting for the one year of physical presence was just published and my lawyer had recommended that I wait until 9 month after my approval date to submit my I-485 application. I did not want to wait that long. My strategy was to submit the application after 6 month, allowing about 3 month for processing. There were applications being approved between 3-6 months last year. I was thinking that if, by a miracle, I was lucky enough to be approved within that timeframe, I would use the RFE to buy me time to fulfill the 1 year physical presence requirement. This did not end up happening.

COUNTDOWN TO CITIZENSHIP!

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations. My filling date is May 10th I also file without Medicaid and I interfiles Medical in November. They recently approved the RTD and the EAD but there is no update on the actual GC.

Congratulations. My filling date is May 10th I also file without Medicaid and I interfiles Medical in November. They recently approved the RTD and the EAD but there is no update on the actual GC.
Congratulations for your EAD and RTD. When did you apply for your RTD?

Is this fast you think? Also I did expedite
I don't think it is fast, but it is faster than what I had heard. If you applied in May and got it in July, it means your waited for 14 months. I had heard that RTD takes much longer. To me this is good news because I really want to travel and if I receive my RTD almost at the same time as my GC, then I wont have to wait another long period of time for my RTD. But if you got it within this timeframe because you expedited, then I suppose the process is pretty slow!

I don't think it is fast, but it is faster than what I had heard. If you applied in May and got it in July, it means your waited for 14 months. I had heard that RTD takes much longer. To me this is good news because I really want to travel and if I receive my RTD almost at the same time as my GC, then I wont have to wait another long period of time for my RTD. But if you got it within this timeframe because you expedited, then I suppose the process is pretty slow!
Yeah I put in an expedite request and the reason was I would like to assist my son that is sick in Canada

Reactions: ROP
When did you apply for yours? @ROP
I applied for my GC in November 23, but applied for RTD after I got the GC application receipt in December 23. I am keeping my fingers crossed that somehow they speed up the process for RTDs or at least extend the validity to two years.

I applied for my GC in November 23, but applied for RTD after I got the GC application receipt in December 23. I am keeping my fingers crossed that somehow they speed up the process for RTDs or at least extend the validity to two years.
For real they need to extend the validity but I’m not sure this going to happen

For real they need to extend the validity but I’m not sure this going to happen
I just saw in this forum that someone applied for a reentry permit. It is valid for 2 years, but one needs a visa to travel. I still don't know how that works, but it might be a good option...