Prediction on weekly receipt update times

Let's hope we see some movement from TSC and VSC this week. I would expect TSC to be at July 29 and VSC at July 31 or more.

source: usciv.gov
USCIS has received a significant increase in the number of applications filed. In July and August, nearly 2.5 million applications and petitions of all types were received. This compares to 1.2 million applications and petitions received in the same time period last year. This fiscal year, we received 1.4 million applications for naturalization; nearly double the volume we received the year before. The agency is working to improve processes and focus increased resources, including hiring approximately 1,500 new employees, to address this workload.

As a result, average processing times for certain application types may become longer. In particular, naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 16 - 18 months to process.

How is that for an update? 16-18 months!!! Wow, I am speechless.

What BBC thinks of USCIS delay and political motives

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7107217.stm

Hundreds of thousands of people may not be able to vote in next year's US presidential election because of a huge citizenship application backlog

The backlog could take 18 months to resolve, leaving many applicants unable to vote in the November 2008 election.

The delays will affect those who filed citizenship applications after 1 June with the Citizenship and Immigration Services agency, part of the Department of Homeland Security, said officials.

OK, let's get some predictions for tomorrow. I predict that CSC and NSC will be current, VSC will move by 3-4 days, and TSC will move by 1 day.

Processing time discrepancies between service centers

Page 38 of the 2007 USCIS annual report to congress shows the discrepancy in processing times between district offices. It also shows that posted processing times are based on goals rather than actual processing times. Since most centers currently show a processing time of 7 months, this is a goal and not the actual processing time. So much for accurate posted processing times.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOMB_Annual_Report_2007.pdf

CSC - 10-30-2007
NSC - 11-20-2007
TSC - 08-05-2007 I am being nice to you guys
VSC - 08-07-2007 just because I like number seven.
Let see if I win this week:O

I predict that TSC and VSC will move by 1 day if at all this week and that NSC and CSC will continue their recent gains.

I predict that TSC and VSC will move by 1 day if at all this week and that NSC and CSC will continue their recent gains.

This is cheating. You have to say a date:D Ofcourse that they will move forward and not backward?:eek: USCIS moving backward:rolleyes:

our wish!!!!
but we have a few guys on this forum with pd 30 and 31 of july and their checks has not been cashed yet.

So, realistically speaking, it's currently taking up to a half a year to get a receipt from TSC?

I predict that VSC will make up another arbitrary date (they claimed in last week's update that they finished receipting applications up to 9/05/07...my application arrived on 9/04/07, but wasn't entered into the system until this past Wednesday), and TSC will move BACKWARDS a couple of weeks. My apologies to all those who are forced to deal with TSC's ineptitude, VSC is not that far ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, realistically speaking, it's currently taking up to a half a year to get a receipt from TSC?

I predict that VSC will make up another arbitrary date (they claimed in last week's update that they finished receipting applications up to 9/05/07...my application arrived on 9/04/07, but wasn't entered into the system until this past Wednesday), and TSC will move BACKWARDS a couple of weeks. My apologies to all those who are forced to deal with TSC's ineptitude, VSC is not that far ahead.

Now that you spelled it out, indeed, it seems that just to receive a receipt takes roughly 1/2 year. Man, that is outrageous. I think we should ask for monies back. I think the fee increase was a big scam.

Now that you spelled it out, indeed, it seems that just to receive a receipt takes roughly 1/2 year. Man, that is outrageous. I think we should ask for monies back. I think the fee increase was a big scam.

Today is exactly 14 weeks since I sent in my N-400. Fortunately, my application has been processed (see my signature), so I'm expecting my receipt sometime next week, possibly even today or tomorrow, since Vermont is only a couple of hours away from New York. If I really do get it by next week, at least VSC will have adhered to the 15 week timeframe. TSC, on the other hand.....seems like they would have benefited from the extra employees sent to VSC and CSC.

As of December 7, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

California Service Center
Form Number Date Received

I-130* 8/30/2007

I-751 11/18/2007
All Other Forms Current

*All I-130s received after the indicated date have been forwarded to USCIS Chicago Lockbox for data entry.

Nebraska Service Center

All Forms Current

Texas Service Center

I-485 Employment

Based 11/29/2007

N-400 7/30/2007
All Other Forms Current

Vermont Service Center

I-130* 7/29/2007