Prediction on weekly receipt update times

one time they posted at 10 am,another one after 5 pm. that's why....all we can do is just wait

I predict N-400 for TSC will go to 7/26.
Not much basically.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis - says updated through Nov. 16, 2007
but when you click on the link it says:
As of November 9, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I noticed that, but when I checked back a bit later I couldn't access the page at all after clicking on the Home Page. They must be having tech problems.

As of November 16, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

California Service Center
Form Number Date Received

I-130 8/30/2007
N-400 9/03/2007
All Other Forms 10/28/2007

Nebraska Service Center

I-131 11/04/2007
I-140 11/04/2007
I-485 Employment
Based 11/04/2007

I-485 Asylum 11/08/2007

I-485 Refugee 10/04/2007
I-765 11/04/2007
N-400 9/09/2007
All Other 11/12/2007

Texas Service Center

I-131 Current
I-140 Current
I-485 Employment
Based 11/12/2007

I-765 Current

N-400 7/26/2007
All Other 11/12/2007

Vermont Service Center

I-130 7/29/2007
N-400 7/30/2007
All Other Forms 11/12/2007

USCIS Lockbox

TPS 10/22/2007

VSC is not reporting correctly

My wife's ap was delivered on 7/28 at the same time as mine. Her Receipt Notice has not been issued as yet. Clearly the 7/30 date they are reporting on the website is inaccurate.

Ah - the site is up again - thanks for copying !

TSC managed one whole day - whoop-di-doo! 26th July was Thursday, so if they make it to Fri. 27th July next week, maybe the week after they'll get to mine, received 30th July. That'll be 18 weeks I think.

This gets more unbelievable by the week!

I predict N-400 for TSC will go to 7/26.
Not much basically.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis - says updated through Nov. 16, 2007
but when you click on the link it says:
As of November 9, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

Bingo. Tsc at 7/26 like my prediction. The slowest one, whereas California and Nebraska are doing September.
Someone wake those guys and gals up.
May be we can volunteer to do N-400 receipts on weekends and afterhours. I think I can do one in 5 minutes.
So 20 hours on weekends = 120 N-400 receipts.
Plus 4 hours on weekdays afterhours = 20 hours = 120 more n-400 receipts.
Thus 240 receipts.
If only 100 of us volunteer and assume they do 1 receipt in 5 minutes and volunteer 40 hours then it will be 24,000 N-400 receipts done.
It's all in a noble cause.
Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo. Tsc at 7/26 like my prediction. The slowest one, whereas California and Nebraska are doing September.
Someone wake those guys and gals up.
May be we can volunteer to do N-400 receipts on weekends and afterhours. I think I can do one in 5 minutes.
So 20 hours on weekends = 120 N-400 receipts.
Plus 4 hours on weekdays afterhours = 20 hours = 120 more n-400 receipts.
Thus 240 receipts.
If only 100 of us volunteer and assume they do 1 receipt in 5 minutes and volunteer 40 hours then it will be 24,000 N-400 receipts done.
It's all in a noble cause.
Anyone?

while you are at it why not approve 'em too? :p jokingly why not propose those numbers to the ombudsman... I am sure they will have a laugh but then maybe it will get them to release some reasons for this delay.

I've written to the Ombudsman to get it "off my chest". Until my N400 gets into the system there's not much else to be done.

For those that wrote personal checks, most checks are not valid after 90 or 120 days.
Are they going to start rejecting applications for bad checks if the current trend continues?

For those that wrote personal checks, most checks are not valid after 90 or 120 days.
Are they going to start rejecting applications for bad checks if the current trend continues?
Actually, the USCIS addresses this issue specifically in its "Backlog FAQ" section of its website. According to USCIS, applicants will be notified if their check has expired and be given a chance to send in a new check while preserving their original priority date. Not sure how this will actually work in practice though...

As for expiration on checks, I used a Cashier's Check that stated it was void after 90 days. However, when I called the bank they assured me that it was good for 3 years but that the money was only guaranteed for 90 days. As for personal checks, I thought these were valid for one year, and not 90 or 120 days, but I could be wrong. If I am, and checks become invalid more quickly, USCIS is going to have a fllood of expired checks.

Actually, the USCIS addresses this issue specifically in its "Backlog FAQ" section of its website. According to USCIS, applicants will be notified if their check has expired and be given a chance to send in a new check while preserving their original priority date. Not sure how this will actually work in practice though...

As for expiration on checks, I used a Cashier's Check that stated it was void after 90 days. However, when I called the bank they assured me that it was good for 3 years but that the money was only guaranteed for 90 days. As for personal checks, I thought these were valid for one year, and not 90 or 120 days, but I could be wrong. If I am, and checks become invalid more quickly, USCIS is going to have a fllood of expired checks.

From what I read, checks are good for 6 months but banks won't necessarily stop payment on a check older than 6 months unless you ask them since automation doesn't read the check's date unless something else requires the bank to visually review the check (overdraft, stop payment, a misread of the check data, etc.)

From what I read, checks are good for 6 months but banks won't necessarily stop payment on a check older than 6 months unless you ask them since automation doesn't read the check's date unless something else requires the bank to visually review the check (overdraft, stop payment, a misread of the check data, etc.)

We checked at our bank last week and were told that my personal cheque would be good for 6 months, but if it turns out that it isn't cashed within that time, to go back to the bank and explain, and they will make sure it is honoured.