Predicted Priority Dates for final quarter of FY2005

Hello Guys,
Just to provide everyone some relief, check this out..

http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/repsstudies/USCISSTRATEGICPLAN.pdf

According to USCIS strategy "by end of FY 2006 they WILL eliminate the current backlog of pending applications and WILL sustain a national cycle time avergae of six months or less for ALL applications".

This means that what we see now about the visa numbers being unavailable for EB3 and potential retrogression for EB2 could be a temporary setback, good news is about to come soon... Lets hope that USCIS will stick to their strategy and all our grieviences will be cleared.

Hope this comes as a relief note to all those who are concerned (including me..)

Regards,
-DR.

Well, I believe it means 6 month processing time provided your PD is current (in case of retrogression) and/or visa is available (not Unavailable as right now for EB-3). Hope I'm wrong.

that is my understanding too. USCIS does not control the issuance of immigration visas. That is something handled by the Dept of State. If the DOS does not increase the number of visas then retrogression will never end.

However, USCIS will still be able to make claims that they have reduced the processing time down to 6 months...but thats 6 months after you file I-485 or CP and your PD is current.

if someone understands it differently then advise.

kewl said:
Well, I believe it means 6 month processing time provided your PD is current (in case of retrogression) and/or visa is available (not Unavailable as right now for EB-3). Hope I'm wrong.

nishokie said:
that is my understanding too. USCIS does not control the issuance of immigration visas. That is something handled by the Dept of State. If the DOS does not increase the number of visas then retrogression will never end.

However, USCIS will still be able to make claims that they have reduced the processing time down to 6 months...but thats 6 months after you file I-485 or CP and your PD is current.

if someone understands it differently then advise.
USCIS counts only approvable cases that are pending in backlog. If the visa number is not available then it is considered as not approvable. Hence that is not the part of the Backlog.

There Family based cases which have Priority date of 1993 which are still pending. They never considered those cases as part of backlog reduction process.

just as i thought. we're screwed anyway. with the number of pending applications from 2001 and 2002 and given the limited number of employment based immigration visas each year...retrogression will hit hard.

god bless !!

i am hoping that my case reaches the consulate before October timeframe so that when PD's become current, i can get invited for an interview.

tammy2 said:
USCIS counts only approvable cases that are pending in backlog. If the visa number is not available then it is considered as not approvable. Hence that is not the part of the Backlog.

There Family based cases which have Priority date of 1993 which are still pending. They never considered those cases as part of backlog reduction process.

nishokie said:
just as i thought. we're screwed anyway. with the number of pending applications from 2001 and 2002 and given the limited number of employment based immigration visas each year...retrogression will hit hard.

god bless !!

i am hoping that my case reaches the consulate before October timeframe so that when PD's become current, i can get invited for an interview.

Keep eye on Backlog Reduction center. If they start to approve lot of cases suddenly some one should start thinking about applying for AOS here. If they release lot of labor there is chance that date might go back to April 2001

yeah. apparently philly BEC has not been approving many LCA's however Dallas is cruising along and has approved quite a few cases from April 2001 to Oct. 2002. the key is to finding out how many applications were received in 2001 and 2002.

do you know if there is a way to find that out?

also, i read on shusterman today that EB2 categories will likely retrogress next month for india and philllipines.

tammy2 said:
Keep eye on Backlog Reduction center. If they start to approve lot of cases suddenly some one should start thinking about applying for AOS here. If they release lot of labor there is chance that date might go back to April 2001

Added to that in the conversation with Rajeev, he said that the Backlog cases mostly fall in the latter half, meaning between 2002 later half-2004 first half. Hence I that was an optimistic point.

rrajendr said:
Added to that in the conversation with Rajeev, he said that the Backlog cases mostly fall in the latter half, meaning between 2002 later half-2004 first half. Hence I that was an optimistic point.

well for what its worth...here is the number of pending applications under RIR with PD's:

Cases Month Year
... ... ...
15 1 2001
36 2 2001
155 3 2001
5546 4 2001
192 5 2001
281 6 2001
338 7 2001
351 8 2001
351 9 2001
419 10 2001
282 11 2001
333 12 2001
361 1 2002
388 2 2002
555 3 2002
660 4 2002
1022 5 2002
1261 6 2002
1641 7 2002
1526 8 2002
1593 9 2002
1465 10 2002
1403 11 2002
1781 12 2002
1941 1 2003
1921 2 2003
1947 3 2003
2122 4 2003
2184 5 2003
2014 6 2003
2151 7 2003
1950 8 2003
2129 9 2003
2007 10 2003
1304 11 2003
1619 12 2003
1250 1 2004
1061 2 2004
854 3 2004
603 4 2004
530 5 2004
518 6 2004
407 7 2004
684 8 2004
54 9 2004

a lot of unapproved cases, i don't know how i, with a PD of 2003, slipped through the cracks. i thought i got lucky but i gotta pay for it now by waiting in the CP queue !! :(

CEO agreed to help us

Guys,

We received a broadcast from our CEO and it is so nice that our CEO had agreed to help us by talking to his senator friends to support the bill (McCain-Kennedy) which proposes to increase the IV numbers to 290k. He also said that he is going to put this forward in the Board meeting in Aug 2005 informing the board that some of the employees are facing this problem and request them to talk to their friends at the Hill and support this Bill. He said he will inform the board if the backlog continues like this it is going to effect the free flow of talent. He also said that he will take up this matter with his buddies every now and then.

I trust him and hoping that he will do what he is saying. This exercise at our company had turned out BIG success than expected. We never expected him to take it to board but he is planning to do so. So nice of him.

He also instructed HR to keep us updated with new developments. Going forward asked us to inform our concerns to HR instead of flooding him with emails. Also asked HR Director to assign one resource (existing) who will be primary contact for all Immigration concerns like keep updated with changes in law, receiving complaints/concerns from employees and solve them if possible or escalate to HR Director imm.

Hopefully our comapany's pressure on politicians do some magic. Hoping some more employers to do similar kind so that we all together can make a difference. Will keep this forum updated with the developments at our side.

Good luck to all of us guys.

Where did you get these numbers from?

Nishokie,
Very nice effort to gather that number of pending LC's. But where did you get that info from? The total adds up to 51,205. Is this number for all over US or only particular states? Can you get the info for non RIR pending LC's? As most of us know that DOL is claiming some 350k LC's pending with BRC's. Does non-RIR cases total to 300k?

LaborCleared,

Congratulations for bold initiatives you have taken and hard work!! If this really ends-up with positive result soon, then whole EB immigrant community will greatly benefit from it.

I hope others who are working in big companies would do the similar things.

Thanks

Kewl,
Thanks for you appreciation. Hopefully few more employers join this battlefield as an GRAND ALLIANCE I guess the ALLIED FORCES can make a difference and may be will WIN THE WAR of increasing the IV numbers to 290k or may be more. We need some more employer forces...hahaha. :D

LaborCleared said:
Nishokie,
Very nice effort to gather that number of pending LC's. But where did you get that info from? The total adds up to 51,205. Is this number for all over US or only particular states? Can you get the info for non RIR pending LC's? As most of us know that DOL is claiming some 350k LC's pending with BRC's. Does non-RIR cases total to 300k?

hi,

i got these numbers from another board and they only include Dallas BEC numbers and do not include non-RIR cases. i have posted your question in the DOL board to figure out a way to extract this information.

it appears that Dallas BEC is approving applications faster while Philly BEC is really slow. i read somewhere that the BEC will take anywhere from 1-2 years to clear out the backlog.

if any of you guys haven't already done this...please send letters to your senators and reps to support the Secure America Act....see link below

http://capwiz.com/aila2/mail/oneclick_compose/?alertid=7614761

nishokie said:
hi,

i got these numbers from another board and they only include Dallas BEC numbers and do not include non-RIR cases. i have posted your question in the DOL board to figure out a way to extract this information.

it appears that Dallas BEC is approving applications faster while Philly BEC is really slow. i read somewhere that the BEC will take anywhere from 1-2 years to clear out the backlog.

if any of you guys haven't already done this...please send letters to your senators and reps to support the Secure America Act....see link below

http://capwiz.com/aila2/mail/oneclick_compose/?alertid=7614761

There was some statement that over 300,000 Labor cases are pending. This list does not look that much.

are all these 350K employment pending cases.. with only 140000 numbers alloted every year and 350K pending let us assume 150000 falls before June 2003, looks like another year for it to move one year forward from the current priority date

c911010
What do you mean by "150000 falls before June 2003, looks like another year for it to move one year forward from the current priority date..."?The last priority date published before ot went "unavailable" is June 2002. Not 2003
Everyone-
Is there any way to find out what the number pending at BECs with PDs prior to June 2002?
Thanks

we have 350K backlog cases. Rajeev in the conference mentioned a major portion of it falls in the latter half of 2003 and 2004.. so i am ASSUMING 150000 employment cases are pending prior to June 2003 and the remaining 200000 cases have a priority date after June 2003... every year 140000 visas are released. since the cut off date was june 2002, and the rate at which the backlog cases are being clared i am ASSUMING these cases will be approved as compared to cases with a later priority date ...

based on this and it is not a scientific study but general gut feel that the new 140000 cases will go towards approval of these 150000 cases and hence i am projecting that starting october 2005 we will start seeing the priority date moving one month every month which means by september of 2006 the priority date should be around june 2003

pls note as already mentioned it is not a scientific study but the way i read the situation