Predicted Priority Dates for final quarter of FY2005

Lud

LaborCleared said:
Hi Guys,
Many people talk about LUD changes. I know what LUD is but how can I check it. Is there a phone number to check it? My 140 is filed on June 10, 2005.

Thanks,
LaborCleared.

Hi LaborCleared,

For all USCIS cases, you can register yourself and track all the petitions you file with them. This web-site tracks the receipt, changes, and adjuducation information. So, the changes (LUD details) can be tracked.

The URL for registering is:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Best of Luck.

EB-3 Visa Number Problem and Likely Relief by Pending Immigration Reform Bills

So far we have reported a depressing EB-3 visa number prediction based on the current immigration law that allocates only 140,000 a year for the employment-based immigrant visas. However, there are two leading immigration reform legislative bills pending in the Senate which are likely to give some relief to the EB-3 backlog problem, should the bills be enacted into law. One is McCain-Kennedy bill, S. 1033, and the other Cornyn-Kyl bill, S.1438. These bills have attracted a lot of attention from the media and public in two respects: Differences in the two bills in the issues of legalization of illegal aliens and the weight of border and enforcement in the nation's immigration policy.

However, from the perspective of the employment-based immigrant community, these two bills will benefit, albeit differently, the EB-3 workers tremendously. The following table compares the current EB visa number allocation system with proposed changes in the allocation system in these two bills:
Current System <==> Cornyn-Kyl bill <==> McCain-Kennedy bill
EB Total Annual Quota 140,000(100%) <==> 190,000(100%) <==> 290,000(100%)
EB-1 28.6% <==> 20.0% <==> 20.0%
EB-2 28.6% <==> 20.0% <==> 20.0%
EB-31 28.6%* <==> 35.0% <==> 35.0%

*Includes EB-3 EW unckillsed other worker upto 10,000

=> Current EB-3 EW Other Workers Included in EB-31 per current system -Current EB 3 EW is reclassified into the new EB-5 preference
=> Current EB-4 (Special Immigrants) 7.1% per current system - Current EB-4 category removed.
=> Current EB-5(Investor) 7.1% per current system - Reclassified into the new EB-4 preference
=> New EB-4(Investor) - 4.0% (Cornyn-Kyl bill); 5.0% (McCain-Kennedy bill) -Formerly EB-5
=> New EB-5(Other Workers) - Upto 36.0% (21.0%) (Cornyn-Kyl bill); Upto 30.0% (20.0%) (McCain-Kennedy bill) - Formerly EB-3 EW Other Workers. Since it is the lowest preference, if EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, and EB-3 use up their numbers, the practical available number would be the figures in the parenthesis.

Under both Cornyn-Kyl bill and McCain-Kenney bill, the big winners will be the current EB-3 workers. For instance, current EB-3 quota, excluding nurses and physical therapists, is approximately 40,000 a year including EB-3 skilled and professional workers and EB-3EW other workers (upto 10,000), but it will increase to 104,000 plus (66,500 EB-3 + 38,000 new EB-5) under Cornyn-Kyl bill, and to 159,000 plus (101,500 EB-3 + 58,000 new EB-5) under McCain-Kennedy bill. Part of this benefit will come from termination of immigration visa lottery, 55,000 (DV Program). Both bills also provide positive recapture of unused numbers in the previous years which will lead to some numbers available for the regular EB-3 workers after taking away 50,000 numbers by the nurses and physical therapists.

When it comes to the specific numbers, the two bills differ to a great extent, but remarkably both bills are committed to reducing the serious EB-3 backlogs under the current immigration quota system. This is a good news.

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

So bottomline is, support this bill strongly by sending letter/email/fax or phone call to your Senators/Congressman/President/Committees.

Don't know who is your senators/congressman or what to send? Click here:
http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1202739&postcount=183

Kewl,
You are right. The only relief for EB3 guys having PD's after July 2002 is by change in law. Even if the PD for EB3 is estabilished to July 1st 2002 in Oct 2005, PD's are most likely to go back again as LCA'S from 2001 and prior are tickling in. If we have to live with no change in law we have to wait for years to get approved. Maccains bill or Kyl's bill does not matter both of them are helpful. support these bills as that is the only ray of hope here. Also ask your friends to support it. Send emails and make phone calls.

Eb2 guys you will soon join the retrogressed family too. More the response better the results

140 appoved

My 140 is approved today without any RFE. It has the notice date of 06/10/2005 @ VSC. I am surprised it got approved in 3 months. I just got this email today from CIS. Yet to receive the actual notice. My PD is Sept 2004. Actually I was planning to apply in PERM in EB2 category. Now I am dillema to go ahead and file in EB2-PERM or wait in EB3 only for the PD to become current.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats LaborCleared for the I-140. I-140 approvals within 3 month are normal these days, in fact most are getting in 2 months are even 1 month.
If the PERM EB2 is not going to cost you anything personally then go ahead and file it and get your current PD (as I-140 is approved). Otherwise just wait it out and use AC21 to move around.

Support McCain-Kennedy bill if you have to

Being EB2 candidate, I can support only this bill. It increases the total number is visas for this category by 45% !!!!. Other bill reduces the effective visas reserved for EB2.

And McCain-Kennedy bill doesn't affect any other category adversly!. So EB3 guys if you want to pitch in ... pitch for McCain-Kennedy only.

WTF !! Why would someone reply to this thread after almost one year.

It confused me a lot, as these bills are now history.

neo