Predicted Priority Dates for final quarter of FY2005

Saurabh,

Please add my info to the spread sheet.

RaghuRam Tadimeti Irving TX Spoke to employer He will help.

PD 21 JUL 2002/ EB3 / Chennai consulate

saurabh_tulika said:
SriniReddydgl, I have added your information into the spreadsheet, Please do review it.
josamdee you can either download the spreadsheet and add your information and then again upload the spreadsheet back or you can give your information and I will or someone will add it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what this means? If they're promising backlog to be cut to six months then how come we have a retrogression? For whatever remote chance we've for this to become reality, does this mean that there'll not be any retrogression beyond six months?
=========================================================

06/20/2005: $60 Million USCIS Appropriations for Processing Reduction for FY 2006 by Senate Appropriations Committee

FY 2006 is the last year of the Bush's 5-Year Immigration Backlog Reduction Commitment ($500 million for five years). The U.S. Senate Appropriations Committeee passed the USCIS budget for FY 2006 for the backlog reduction package of $60,000,000. It is anticipated that most of the money may come from the fee incomes. As we reported earlier, the USCIS was confident that the agency would achieve the 6-month processing time target by the end of FY 2006.

prosix,

I have added yours as well as traghu's information. prosix, we would like to know which part of US (city and state) you live in and can you talk to your employer if they will be willing to help because that is the information we are trying to track on the spreadhsheet.
till now we have 8 people.

Attached is the updated spreadsheet.
prosix said:
PD 16 Oct 2002/ EB3 / New Delhi consulate

My Understanding...

My understanding of this is they will bring down the processing time frames to no more than 6 months but again the for I-485's to be approved the PD's should be current. If you look at the service center processing times (especially I-485's) they were far more backlogged dates compared to now. For Ex. Vermont is currently processing applications received by July 22, 2004 and Texas is processing May 2003. These processing dates would be reduced to 6 month backlog. This does not necessarily mean retrogression is going to end. Retrogression & Processing time frames are totally 2 different things. To better put it, when your PD reaches the cut-off dates and assuming you will file your 485 then this application would be adjudicated in 6 months.

Experts comments welcome.

bapunagar said:
Does anyone know what this means? If they're promising backlog to be cut to six months then how come we have a retrogression? For whatever remote chance we've for this to become reality, does this mean that there'll not be any retrogression beyond six months?
=========================================================

06/20/2005: $60 Million USCIS Appropriations for Processing Reduction for FY 2006 by Senate Appropriations Committee

FY 2006 is the last year of the Bush's 5-Year Immigration Backlog Reduction Commitment ($500 million for five years). The U.S. Senate Appropriations Committeee passed the USCIS budget for FY 2006 for the backlog reduction package of $60,000,000. It is anticipated that most of the money may come from the fee incomes. As we reported earlier, the USCIS was confident that the agency would achieve the 6-month processing time target by the end of FY 2006.

Yes

THATS RIGHT
PEOPLE IN EB3 WITH PRIORITY DATES OF 2003 WILL NOT EVEN GET GC TILL 2010 IF THEY DONT RAISE A VOICE NOW

LaborCleared said:
My understanding of this is they will bring down the processing time frames to no more than 6 months but again the for I-485's to be approved the PD's should be current. If you look at the service center processing times (especially I-485's) they were far more backlogged dates compared to now. For Ex. Vermont is currently processing applications received by July 22, 2004 and Texas is processing May 2003. These processing dates would be reduced to 6 month backlog. This does not necessarily mean retrogression is going to end. Retrogression & Processing time frames are totally 2 different things. To better put it, when your PD reaches the cut-off dates and assuming you will file your 485 then this application would be adjudicated in 6 months.

Experts comments welcome.

LaborCleared:

You are right. That is what I am thinking and we are right.
Please notice that, 6 months processing is only passible when USCIS controls the inflow of 485 application and that is waht retrogression does.

That means retrogression may be remain forever.

Thanks laborcleared for explaining this. USCIS is just being brutal by showing backlog will be cutdown in six months but the PD may be backlogged for 10 years. What kind of logic is that?

srinireddydgl said:
THATS RIGHT
PEOPLE IN EB3 WITH PRIORITY DATES OF 2003 WILL NOT EVEN GET GC TILL 2010 IF THEY DONT RAISE A VOICE NOW

I agree with you srinireddydgl, the voice needs to be raised. The bad news is till now we have only 8 people who have provided there information, which means there are till now only 8 GC Seekers who are willing to do something.

By the Way, I spoke to couple of my friends who are stuck in the Retrogression, I will be adding there information soon. They are not active in the forum, but they are willing to support our cause to raise the voice.

Guys I again re-iterate, there is no use of discussing the same questions again and again here. It is time to take some action. By doing the same thing again and again we can not expect a different result.

New Thread

SAURABH
CAN YOU START A NEW POSTING WITH EXPLAINING RAJIV KHANNAS CONFERENCE CALL AND THIS SPREADSHEET AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE
GIVE SOME INTERESTING NAME OF THE THREAD LIKE

MOVEMENT TO REMOVE RETROGRESSION AND HAVE A BETTER LIFE

POST IT IN GENERAL I485 AND RELATED ISSUES AND I AM SURE PEOPLE WILL RESPOND

kewl said:
I have attached my info. Thx.

Saurabh,

Can you please add my info in the spread sheet.

Name : Ramesh
City : Dayton, OH and I can talk to my employer to support this issue.

Thanks,
RK.

RK_GC, I have added your information

rk_GC said:
Saurabh,

Can you please add my info in the spread sheet.

Name : Ramesh
City : Dayton, OH and I can talk to my employer to support this issue.

Thanks,
RK.

This is nothing to do with USCIS as long as the numbers remain @140k/year. Though they have a ambitious goal of reducing the processing delays not more than 6 months at the same time they should also have sufficient numbers in that visa category to adjudicate the cases either via AOS or CP. But if congress increases the numbers then imagine the scenario like getting all you filings adjudicated in 6 months. Isn't it a wonderfull thing to happen to all of us immigrants?

bapunagar said:
Thanks laborcleared for explaining this. USCIS is just being brutal by showing backlog will be cutdown in six months but the PD may be backlogged for 10 years. What kind of logic is that?

Just an Update

Guys,
As part of updating this forum, we received an email from our HR saying that totally 319 people are effected with retrogression in EB3 category and 72 potentially will effect when EB2 retrogresses. This email is part of discussing this matter with our company CEO this Friday.

Out of 319 EB3 category

72 has priority dates between June 2, 2005 - Dec 31, 2002.
167 - priority dates are in 2003. (Most of them in second half of 2003).
59 - in year 2004
21 - in year 2005 before PERM. Did not apply anything after PERM.

188 were able to file I-485 before retrogression started. Most of these 140's cleared but still waiting on some.

Did not give the break up of EB2 coz it is not retrogressed right now.

Shall update you guys whenever there is new information.

OK,. srinireddydgl, I have created a new thread with the spreadsheet attached.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1178924#post1178924

srinireddydgl said:
SAURABH
CAN YOU START A NEW POSTING WITH EXPLAINING RAJIV KHANNAS CONFERENCE CALL AND THIS SPREADSHEET AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE
GIVE SOME INTERESTING NAME OF THE THREAD LIKE

MOVEMENT TO REMOVE RETROGRESSION AND HAVE A BETTER LIFE

POST IT IN GENERAL I485 AND RELATED ISSUES AND I AM SURE PEOPLE WILL RESPOND

saurabh_tulika said:
prosix,

I have added yours as well as traghu's information. prosix, we would like to know which part of US (city and state) you live in and can you talk to your employer if they will be willing to help because that is the information we are trying to track on the spreadhsheet.
till now we have 8 people.

Attached is the updated spreadsheet.
I live in north florida. My employer is a very small employer (30 something employee) and out of which only 3 inidans.

I live in a town of NH. How would I know that i would be in which congress/district.

I would like to update xl sheet.

Tell me why you guys are colletcing this info.

Thanks for your time