Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Update on our case

Hi All,

My hubby recieved oath date in today's mail. His Oath is scheduled for 12th August 2008 at 2pm.
I have not recieved letter yet. Hopefully in t'rrow's mail.
I am thinking of calling USCIS to get update on my case.

Will keep you all posted.

Thanks,
Akapoor

Hi All,

I have my Oath date also on Aug 12th at 2pm at Philly. Spoke to IO, and found out they mailed by letter, last thrusday. Hopefully I shd recieve it today.

Hi BOBSMYTH,

I called up the number below and they said that If I have travel by 29th, then call up them on 15th and schedule the appt with them.

But now my question, will they issue our passport on the same day? Because I wld have to get India visa also.

Also, I have very dumb question...Why cant I travel on 2 passports? Use Indian PP one way and US pp on the other way travel?

Thanks,
Akapoor

Sure you can request it, but there's no guarantee they can meet the request.

* PHILADELPHIA Passport Agency
U.S. Custom House
200 Chestnut Street
Room 103
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2970

Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., local time, M-F, excluding Federal holidays
Automated Appointment Number: 1-877-487-2778
NOTE: Philadelphia Passport Agency serves customers who are traveling within 2 weeks (14 days), or who need foreign visas for travel. An appointment is required.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html

If you don't get an oath date before August 20th for any reason, you can always delay the oath date till until after you return from India. The other option is to delay your India travel until you receive your oath date.

Interview

I had my interview in Phili downtown. You need to have quarters to park your car in the street. Interview took 5 mins. Interviewer was so nice. He was going thru all my N-400 forms. He was asking only GC and passport. Finally he gave a sheet of paper with 10 civic questions. He asked me to write ans for those qns. Finally he gave me congrats letter and oath letter for Aug 14th.

Quite a experience

Hi All,

In my earlier postings, I had mentioned that my husband recieved the Oath notice, while I didnot. I had called the USCIS and the Cust Rep had connected me to next level officer, who told me that my Oath date was at the same time as my husband. I had called twice, spoke to two diff officers, who confirmed the same thing.

So, here we are on Aug 12th at Philly office, there they said that I have not been scheduled and said that they didnot have any idea as to how those two officers told me on the phone that my date has been scheduled. Anyways, tried meeting with diff IO, but it was no avail.
In mean time I missed the Oath for my hubby......Overall, It was a very disappointing day.............
So, keeping my fingers crossed, for the next oath date.

Thanks,
Akapoor

Very sorry to hear about your disappointment. I have come to believe that the USCIS has lots of internal issues with communicating the proper information. I think they forget how stressed we all are. Once again, I am sorry and here's to a speedy Oath letter for you.:)

Hi everybody,
I am new here,this is my timeline:
Appl sent :05/08/08
Received :05/12/08
PD :05/12/08
FP letter : 05/23/08
FP :06/06/08
ID : expect notification within 365 days
Could anybody give me an idea of how long it might take from fingerprits to interview?
Thanks and good luck to everybody.

Had Interview at Philadelphia office on 8/13/08. was scheduled for 1020 am arrived there at 1000. i was called in at 1100, my wife had to wait till 1145. Interview lasted for 5 minutes. I was asked whether I would be able to participate in the oath ceremony on 8/14/08. I agreed
Oat ceremony was on 8/1408 at 2pm. lasted around 90 minutes. I registered to vote at the ceremony. Will aplly for passport tomorrow.

Applicaiton maile 1/7/08
priority date 1/10/08
FP 2/14/08
ID8/13/08
OD 8/14/08

PHILADELPHIA DO- Delaware, PA, South Jersey

This is the new thread for Delaware, PENN, South Jersey Immigrants applying for N-400

Pls ask questions, give experinces and timelines.

Even Though Dover office is a USCIS office, N-400 applicants are sent to Philly:confused:

Anyhow we all have to give hope to those behind in the backlog. Hopefully
things will improve after November 08

FACTs

I know people in Delaware who applied for N-400 in FEB 2007 and just got

their interview @ Philly DO in Aug 2008.

And then some who applied from Delware March 2008 and have their Interview

scheduled for September 2008:confused:

An IO in Dover DE told me its because a lot of applications in 2007 went

missing (files, photos, application etc) so the Philly office at times ask people

at the interview-fill new N-400 (does not make sense to me)

Regardless, it is wise according to the IO for you to send all neccessary

documents that are specifically asked in the requirement sheet.

Also i just realized we have another Philly Tread on this forum.

I am not tryng to overshadow your views, but i guess we all can interact and share experinces with both treads

Also make your file as organized and clear as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Philly Timeline

Estimate of Local Office Naturalization Processing Times by September 2008

Philadelphia, Pa........................... 10.0

At times these timelines seem to be less than predicted.
Some N-400 applicants are seeing Interview Letters in Btw 5-6 months

Yes in Philly:)

My Timeline

:rolleyes:DELAWARE (Philly DO)

Through Marriage to a US Citizen.
My friend who applied a month before me is still waiting for FP.
I will not ask any IO how come my N-400 was this fast.

N400 Sent: 04/22/2008
FP Done: 05/15/2008
IL Received: 07/21/2008
Interview Scheduled: 10/8/2008
Went to the Dover office with medical papers for spouse so date was change from 9/25 to 10/8 for interview.

call them

Go to INFO PASS on http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Make an appointment for a convinent time, and ask the officer (probably officer Young) in the

Dover Delaware USCIS office why you have not recieved a letter for FP notice.

You should have done FP in Feb 08 or 2-3weeks after your check cleared.

1. Did the check (money) clear?

2. Do you know how to get to the USCIS office in Dover DE ?

3. Did you move or call USCIS about not getting a FP letter or notice ?

Reason is because i know guys who applied in June 08 and got a letter in 2 weeks for FP and some applied in August 08 and got their letter a weeks later.

Jaydene

by November 08 or sooner you should be called.

There is an additional Philly DO Tread on this forum that extends for people
in Delaware, South Jersey and lower Philly.

You guys can relate your experinces.;)

ocheojo1,
Thank you so much ,I wish i'LL get done with this stuff before 2009.
Could you please tell me where this thread for Delaware,lower philly....is?
I will keep yo guys updated.

its under the same forum of this website...

ImmigrationPortal Forums > > US Citizenship
PHILADELPHIA DO- Delaware, PA, South Jersey

Ucheojo1,
Thank You For The Information You Provided,it Is Really Helpful.
I've Read In Other Threads That You Can Call To Find Out About Your Status,or Specifically About Whether Your Fingerprints And Namecheck Were Cleared Or Not.do You Have The Number For That?
Is It1-800-375-5283?
One More Thing,i Tried To Check My Case Status Online,and Once I Entered My Receipt Number,the Result Was'' Validation Error '',i Tried Twice And The Result Was The Same,could It Be Like My Interview Letter Is On Its Way??
Thanks Everybody For Sharing Your Experience And Keep Up The Good Work.