Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Here are my timelines:

Application received on 12/25/07
FP taken on 1/30/08
IL received on 3/30/08
ID on 5/2/08
OL received on 6/10/08
Oath taken on 7/2/08

Thanks. It is suprising that your PD is after mine, but your process finished much earlier than mine. My name check was cleared very soon.

Another proof that they don't use any centralized document processing/management system and any control over the work flow.

Can somebody answer my question me and my husband had interview on 9th of july everthing went okay except when we went for the interview the paper work that is N-400 was not there from the vermont so they took our N-400 copy and took the interview and told us that you will receive oath letter in 3 to 5 weeks is it normal that they don'nt receive the paperwork from the vermont or it is unusual ??? please help me as soon as possible

Can somebody answer my question me and my husband had interview on 9th of july everthing went okay except when we went for the interview the paper work that is N-400 was not there from the vermont so they took our N-400 copy and took the interview and told us that you will receive oath letter in 3 to 5 weeks is it normal that they don'nt receive the paperwork from the vermont or it is unusual ??? please help me as soon as possible

This has happened to others as well. Some even had their interview canceled "due to unforeseen circumstances" when their file didn't arrive at the DO. There is sometimes a disconnect between the file being sent to DO from SC and the scheduling of the interview. If you don't receive your oath letter in the 3-5 weeks they mentioned, then follow up with an Infopass appointment.

Hi,

I am assuming that your DO is philly, since you have posted here. Can you please share your interview experience? Especially the documents and the questions relating to the docs. How was the overall experience with IO.

I am starting to get little nervous as the date (july 28th) is getting closer.
Hope you hear from them soon.

Thanks,
Akapoor

the interview lasted for five to ten minutes the paper work were green card N- 400 that is our copy IO gave a sheet of paper in which had 10 question they were from those 100 question of citizenship question.He asked few other question from N-400 standard question which every one has posted we were out in 5 minutes with N -652 stating that you passed test of english and us history and government the only thing which was not good that they did not receive our file from the vermont . So we are still hanging

I agree, Philly DO is messed up. Some IO dont have a clue as to what they are talking about. And how long ago did u recieve the IL? I mean, what they did when they schedule the interview? Can't they request the file? Also, why cant Vermont send the file as soon the it finishes what ever it needs to do, and only when file arrives in Philly can we have interview.

My IL was sent out at least 3 months before my date(July 28th), so I hope they wld have enough time to request for my file and hopefully they have the file, when I go for interview.

Good luck all, I will keep you all posted.

Akapoor

Philly DO is so messed up. Hope they'll find your file and you'll get your oath soon!

Hopefully I will get a good IO on my interview date. :eek:

I was so surprised to find out Mr. Orlow himself is going to be present during my interview :eek::eek::eek:

Hopefully the IO will know what he/she is talking about

the interview lasted for five to ten minutes the paper work were green card N- 400 that is our copy IO gave a sheet of paper in which had 10 question they were from those 100 question of citizenship question.He asked few other question from N-400 standard question which every one has posted we were out in 5 minutes with N -652 stating that you passed test of english and us history and government the only thing which was not good that they did not receive our file from the vermont . So we are still hanging

kavitaf: Can you please tell us what your N-400 PD is? Thanks.

Atleast you can take copies from your tax consultant that you have paid state taxes.

I got the Federal taxes return transcripts on friday, but completely forgot abt this state taxes return thing. Can someone please tell me where to get them? My DO is Philly.

I have my interview next Monday.

Thanks,
Akapoor

Also, is it mandatory to get SSl letter?

Atleast you can take copies from your tax consultant that you have paid state taxes.

I got the Federal taxes return transcripts on friday, but completely forgot abt this state taxes return thing. Can someone please tell me where to get them? My DO is Philly.

Thanks,
Akapoor

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is the assumption that you have filed State taxes if you've filed Federal. I only took the IRS transcripts for my interview and the IO was only interested in knowing whether not I filed federal taxes. Also, the SSA letter is not required unless you were required to file for Selective Service and did not. If you were required and have registered, take along your proof of registration. If you don't have it - go to the SSA's website and print out verification.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is the assumption that you have filed State taxes if you've filed Federal.

I was thinking that too. However, there was recently a post in one of the CT threads where the applicant was asked to show his state tax returns, on top of the federal returns that he brought with him. I wouldn't be surprised if, sometime down the line, the IOs start demanding report cards from elementary school.:rolleyes:

USCIS is a federal agency... Why on earth they would care about state taxes is beyond my understanding. To re-iterate Vorpal, why not to go further and check on local taxes, real estate taxes, school taxes, etc... absurd has no boundaries.

USCIS is a federal agency... Why on earth they would care about state taxes is beyond my understanding. To re-iterate Vorpal, why not to go further and check on local taxes, real estate taxes, school taxes, etc... absurd has no boundaries.

As has been pointed out, it all depends on the mood of the IO. If the IO got off on the wrong side of the bed that morning, s/he may want to take out their aggressions on those who are unfortunate enough to be scheduled for intervews that day. It's nothing more than abusing their power to purposely make things difficult for the applicant.

As has been pointed out, it all depends on the mood of the IO. If the IO got off on the wrong side of the bed that morning, s/he may want to take out their aggressions on those who are unfortunate enough to be scheduled for intervews that day. It's nothing more than abusing their power to purposely make things difficult for the applicant.

I agree and am speechless about what you wrote earlier. If a person filed for federal taxes - where one usually ends up owing more - why would they shirk from filing state taxes.

I hate this - but unfortunately we have to roll with the punches when it comes to USCIS because ultimately we want the benefit sought after.

Thanks,
Akapoor

akapoor - take the IRS transcripts and copies of your submitted tax forms. Also go to your state's department of revenue at http://www.revenue.state.pa.us/.

Click on the "e-Services" link - in the left column and click on the "Access My Personal Income Tax Account" link. Register for that service and see if it gives you access to what you filed for 2007. It should as the description reads: "View your current year Personal Income Tax return, refund information, payment history and verify current liabilities. Make your current year tax return payment, estimated, extension and delinquent payments using ACH debit. Make changes and updates to your Personal Income Tax account."

Direct link --> http://www.doreservices.state.pa.us/Individual/default.htm