Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Now I've been waiting for 122 days!!!

When am I going to get the oath letter!?

I know my application has been granted, so what's the wait for?

Anyone in the same boat?

Congratulations. Please advise how long was your wait between oath and interview

Little over a month from case approval till Oath invitation letter
Close to 3 months from Interview till Oath invitation letter
Almost 4 months from Interview till Oath ceremony

Time line
06/02/08 - N400 Mailed
06/28/08 - Finger Printing done
11/24/08 - Interview passed, Recommended for Approval with Name change request.
01/27/09 - Info pass scheduled. Result: Case approved on 1/13, waiting for oath schedule
02/23/09 - Oath letter received, dated 02/17, mailed on 02/20
03/19/09 - Oath done
03/19/09 - Passport applied

I got my Oath letter today (3/21). I had my interview on 12/3/08 and my case was approved on 2/10/09. The oath letter is dated 3/17 and mailed 3/19.

My ceremony is scheduled for 4/14 in Harrisburg.

Hello everyone,

I got my oath letter today. Ceremony is on Friday March 27 at 2:00pm in Philadelphia.
I feel very fortunate. My interview was on 3/17/09 and I was not expecting the letter for another couple of weeks.

I look forward to the ceremony.

In summary:

Applied Sep 2008
FP Oct 2008
Interview March 17 2009
Oath Letter March 24
Oath date March 27

Good luck to everyone.

I'm going on 128 days and still no oath letter (interview was on 11/18/08).

I paid the Philly office a visit; they told me that my
application was "granted" and I'm just waiting now...

They couldn't answer any other questions!

Is anyone else in this same boat?

Has anyone traveled after the interview and before the oath ceremony? I was traveling out of the country for about 2 weeks, i am wondering if this will cause any problems or further investigation of my case. My oat ceremony is on 4/14.

I would appreciate it if someone could share their experience.

thanks,
s.

Has anyone traveled after the interview and before the oath ceremony? I was traveling out of the country for about 2 weeks, i am wondering if this will cause any problems or further investigation of my case. My oat ceremony is on 4/14.

I would appreciate it if someone could share their experience.

thanks,
s.

In my case, my interview and oath ceremony were 10 days apart. I traveled on business for 1 week during that period.
I mentioned it on the form and told the officer about it during the ceremony. He made a few notations on my paper and then continued with the process. So should be no problem based on my experience.

My oath ceremony was on Friday 3/27 at 2pm
60 people from 29 countries. The whole process took 1.25 hrs

Good luck to everyone

Congratulations. Please advise how long was your wait between oath and interview

I am coming here less and less since I became US Citizen. So I will post my dates and experience. I count the whole process in unit of month

April 2008 - Applied US Citizen
May 2008 - Finger Prints Scan
Oct 2008 - Interview Passed
March 2009 - Oath

So it took little less than a year. Everybody told me that it will take a year and it seems to me that they were right. I came on this board looking for way to make expedite my process but found absolutely nothing. As far as I know, except for infopass, there's nothing you can do but waiting. It felt like it was the one of the longest 4 months in my life between Interview and Oath.

Infopass wasn't too useful to me because only thing the clerk told me was, "just wait for the oath letter". it was little frustrating because no matter what I asked her, she would keep repeating herself, "just wait for the oath letter." They don't know when you will get the letter either.

Now, I'm waiting for my passport. I was told it will take me 4 weeks at least. I didn't do the express service since i'm not in hurry to travel outside US.

Good Luck everybody. Hope this helps. Anybody waiting for oath, just wait. You will get your turn.

I finally recieved my oath letter with the oath ceremoney scheduled for April 15. 2009. the only problem now is that I received a traffic citation ( careless driving) to which I pleaded not guilty and haves court date scheduelled on may 28. 2009. now how should I answer question #4? will that affect my case at all? should I ask for another ceremoney date after the traffic court date? any advice will be much appreciated.

I finally recieved my oath letter with the oath ceremoney scheduled for April 15. 2009. the only problem now is that I received a traffic citation ( careless driving) to which I pleaded not guilty and haves court date scheduelled on may 28. 2009. now how should I answer question #4? will that affect my case at all? should I ask for another ceremoney date after the traffic court date? any advice will be much appreciated.

Wish you good luck with your case, I have no idea about your situation, but i have a question for you; I am trying to find out when is the nearest Ceremony of Oath scheduled in Philadelphia. Is yours in Philadelphia?
Thank you

I am also waiting for 6 months.

I requested a name change also. I've been waiting for 2 month now. I asked an immigration officer and she told me that the name change will delay the process for it has to be approved by a judge. I asked her when will this happen? she told me that judges review these cases two or three times a year depending on how many cases they have.

Is anyone a Delaware Resident and waiting for oath?

Hello,

I am a DE resident and had my interview on March 9, 2009. I was told that the case is being referred for approval. I was given 2 dates for oath but have not yet received any letter.

I called the DE district court to see if I have been scheduled for the oath and the response was negative. However, the clerk asked if I had requested name change at the time of interview? Since my response was ‘no’, she said I may be called for oath at the Philadelphia DO!! Is this true? If it is true then what is the approximate waiting time for the oath ceremony for DE residents?

Please advice!

Thanks.