Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

I am done, too. My online case status still says that my case is pending at the VSC, so does the status of my wife. She still has not heard anything.
I had a gentleman next to me at the ceremony, he and his wife and 2 daughters appllied together. His wife became citizen 2 months ago, he on Wednesday, and his 2 daughters have not heard anthing so far.

drjochen, zuleron, congratulations!

As for different timing on people filing at the same time, I think it is much like a supermarket line. Once you have been asigned to an agent in VSC you have to wait for that person to process all the people infront of you and than your case. And we can only hopelessly watch that the lady at a register next line turned out to be much faster than the one which you picked (except we do not get to pick in case of USCIS).

drjochen, zuleron, congratulations!

As for different timing on people filing at the same time, I think it is much like a supermarket line. Once you have been asigned to an agent in VSC you have to wait for that person to process all the people infront of you and than your case. And we can only hopelessly watch that the lady at a register next line turned out to be much faster than the one which you picked (except we do not get to pick in case of USCIS).

Thanks! I think your supermarket analogy is exactly right. And if the agent your file is assigned to leaves then you are reassigned to someone else and that might add even more time. But keep the faith!

Good analogy. Have you looked at other timelines (Denver, for example)? Its amazing how fast things move there!

Congratulations to everyone who got naturalized on 4/4. One of my colleagues at work also got naturalized on the same day in Philly (we had a little party yesterday to celebrate that).

Does anyone have any reliable information on when the next oath might be at Philly ? I am really really hoping that I can make it to that one (assuming it is sometime in June).

- KM

Congratulations to everyone who got naturalized on 4/4. One of my colleagues at work also got naturalized on the same day in Philly (we had a little party yesterday to celebrate that).

Does anyone have any reliable information on when the next oath might be at Philly ? I am really really hoping that I can make it to that one (assuming it is sometime in June).

- KM

https://www.paconvention.com/iebms/coe/coe_p1_all.aspx?mode=DATE&cc=CALEVTS&oc=10 according to this i would think its is on June 14th

GOOD LUCK

Thanks bmw323 ! I didn't think to check that, but you are right. So June 14 it is. That gives me about a month from the interview and if it is a mega-ceremony like the 4/4 one was I may have a chance of making it to that (if everything goes smoothly at my interview, that is !).

- KM

My wife's timeline.

N-400 Mailed: 14th March 2007
Received Date: 19th March 2007
Priority Date: 19th March 2007
Priority Mail Stamp Date: 29th March 2007
Priority Mail received on: 2nd or 3rd April 2007
Finger Printing Date (at Philly): 13th April 2007
Finger Printing Mail Stamp Date: 3rd April 2007
Finger Printing Mail received on: 5th April 2007

Will keep you posted about interview and oath.

I had infopass in Dover today

Kenttina,

I had an INFOPASS at Dover. Nicest IO which ever existed. They used to process N-400s but no longer.

She checked my case. It is still at VSC. Everything is clear on my case except namecheck. In her experience it takes on average 8 months from fingerprint date for the namecheck to clear. 3 months examples which we see here on forum are extreme rarity.

Natuaraly, since the namecheck is not clear, she could not give me any more info. It is up to FBI now to make a move.

If you have a chance, I would definetely recoment to take INFOPASS in Dover vs. Philadelphia. At least you will have an intelligent discussion.

MichaelDE,
Thank you for the info. I also had infopass in Dover today. The officer there is definitely nicer. He checked my case and confirmed that my case is in the interview queue in VSC as the letter from VSC indicated, and also my background and name check is cleared. I am ready to go. Just wait for interview letter to come. How release I am. Hoping I will get IL this month, and oath in June. Still anxious waiting.
Dover office is really better than Philadelphia, no perople in line waiting, quiet place, and most of all, nicer officers. It is really worth for people to drive extra one hour to go Dover than to go to Philadelphia to get nothing.

PD: 5/25/06
FP: 6/10/06
IL: Coming soon????????/

Hello all,

My timeline is as follows:
PD: February 9th, 2006
Finger prints taken on March 20, 2006
Interview letter came on April 22, 2006 for a May 23rd, 2006 Interview
Roughly about a week before the interview, I got a letter descheduling my interview
Have not heard anything since.

I have called the USCIS helpline a number of times. Every call comes back with the same answer: your name check has not cleared. They have advised me different things, including emailing the FBI for information. Although the next time I called, the officer was surprised anyone would advise me to contact the FBI for information. Either way, none of their suggestions had yielded any results.

I would appreciate any advice you guys can give me. It has been 14 months since they received my application.

AZOO,

There is a memo from USCIS floating somewhere around on this forum which appears to indicate that USCIS changed its policy in May 2006 with respect to interviews for N-400. They decided not to interview people untill their background checks were completed. It seems that you got descheduled in May due to that policy change. Tough break.

As a course of action, the only and last resort thing is to file WOM case against USCIS (please read Law Suite thread in this forum). The process is tidious and results are mixed.

Alternatively, I would write to Vermont Service Center, to Phildelphia District Office, request FBI FOIA on yourself, etc. to try to pin point what is causing the delays. INFOPASS, calls to USCIS may hopefully get someone's attention as well so keep doing it on a regular basis. After a while, if you get no resolution through the correspondence, at least you will have some documentation if you decide to file WOM.

My ten cents.

MichaelDE,

I just called the FBI information phone line, where I was told that the average wait time for a "delayed" name check is 5 years. Can that be right?!?

Azoo,

You are the first one in a while who seems to be able to get any answer from FBI re namecheck. Which number did you call?

I am lost for words though. They started doing namechecks for N-400 only after Sept 11, some time in 2002. If my math right, what they are saying is that FBI cleared NO names which their system delayed.

For our all sake, let's hope your FBI person misspoke.

Missing Naturalization Certificate at Oath Ceremony

Just checking if anyone had similar experience. I was at the Philadelphia Oath Ceremony (with 1200 other people) on 4th April to receive my naturalization certificate. At the end of the ceremony (after submission of green card and taking the oath), when they started distributing the certificate, they said that my certificate was not there and I needed to talk to customer service at the oath ceremony. The person at the customer service gave me an appointment to meet them at Callowhill Office on the 6th of April. He did keep my green card (though in hind sight, I should have insisted on holding on to the green card ).
I did see 5 or 6 others in the same boat. I thought that the problem will be resolved on the 6th.
But on 5th of April, I got a voice message on my home phone saying that they needed more time and so needed to re-schedule my appointment. I kept calling them and never heard anything back after that.
I took an info-pass on Friday the 13th, but the information officer did not have any answers.
I have already booked for travel abroad in the next 2 months, but without the green card or naturalization certificate, I cannot travel.
I was wondering if anyone else went through this kind of situation and what can be done to resolve this. Any help!!!

Missing Naturalization Certificate at Oath Ceremony

Just checking if anyone had similar experience. I was at the Philadelphia Oath Ceremony (with 1200 other people) on 4th April to receive my naturalization certificate. At the end of the ceremony (after submission of green card and taking the oath), when they started distributing the certificate, they said that my certificate was not there and I needed to talk to customer service at the oath ceremony. The person at the customer service gave me an appointment to meet them at Callowhill Office on the 6th of April. He did keep my green card (though in hind sight, I should have insisted on holding on to the green card ).
I did see 5 or 6 others in the same boat. I thought that the problem will be resolved on the 6th.
But on 5th of April, I got a voice message on my home phone saying that they needed more time and so needed to re-schedule my appointment. I kept calling them and never heard anything back after that.
I took an info-pass on Friday the 13th, but the information officer did not have any answers.
I have already booked for travel abroad in the next 2 months, but without the green card or naturalization certificate, I cannot travel.
I was wondering if anyone else went through this kind of situation and what can be done to resolve this. Any help!!!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Have you considered getting a congressmans or senators office involved. Coz this is a special situation where but for some mistake with the certificate you would be a citizen... Well, technically you are a citizen from the moment to swear the oath... so you are a citizen... Call your congressman or better yet call a Senator... that should resolve the issue super-fast. At least USCIS will give you a hearing super-fast if you have a Senator behind you. But I would call as a citizen of United States not a Green Card holder. Good Luck!

I applied in Philly center. Following are the dates. Anybody waiting for name change with similar dates? Pls post.

PD - 07/17/06
FP - 08/29/06
IL - 12/06/06
OL - Waiting (requested for name change)

--Lal.

I received my oath letter on 4/20/07. Oath is on May 2nd at Springfield High School, Erdenheim, PA.

There is a question which says "Have you been absent from Unites States after your interview date". I was out of the country during that period. Would answering 'yes' for this question has any impact?

-- Lal.

Hi,

I began processing my n400 on 30th January 2007 from Philadelphia area. Can any one post the dates that started processing in January 2007 in Philadelphia area????

Posted: 1/30/2007
Received at Vermont: 1/31/2007
Finger Printing: 2/22/2007 (Cleared by FBI on the same day)
Interview letter: waiting

How long it is taking to get interview letter in Philadelphia area????

Thanx in advance,
Chandra