Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Chandra

From 4 months to a year. People usually get anxious after 6 months. Before that time USCIS would not even talk to you.

If someone goes beyond 1 year, it usually means USCIS is having administrative problems.

Read the thread above for some examples of timelines.

My IL letter took ~5 months, my wife still has not heard anything and its 7 months now.

Now, we heard of another case where the IL got lost in the mail and the applicant waited and waited...when they finally "complained" to USCIS (after the recommended wait period, i.e., the posted processing times plus 30 days), they were told the application was already considered abandoned since the person did not show up for the interview....

RE: my story would be the funniest by far

Well let's see
I’ve sent my N400 in March 2003,
FP: April 2003
My interview in May 2004, after that interview and after 18 Inquiry with CIS, all what I’ve been getting is that my case is pending due to a name check.
So after intensive research online, I found out that my only way out this dead circle is by Suing
So in November 2006, hired the attorney & after $12.400 in expenses. The Federal Judge in Middle district court in Tampa ordered CIS to respond within 30 days (January 30th 2007)
February 20, 2007 CIS center in Tampa Called me on the Phone (never happened were they called someone) & begged me to go down to finger print center the same day to get printed, cause they had a court ordered & it said that I had to be naturalized in March, 2007.
Here comes the funny part.....
After my fingerprint, in February 20. 2 weeks later I received the N445 (oath ceremony Invitation) to be scheduled on April 24th (that's today), well the surprise was that Saturday I got a letter from CIS saying that my oath had been Deschedueled due to "unforeseen Circumstances"
WTF is that unforeseen Circumstances???
Is the 4 years & 1 month of wait time?? or is it the Sue case in witch the Judge had ordered CIS to comply & to consider that the 120 days period had been triggered the day they interviewed me (since that 2006 memo didn't come till 3 years after my initial interview)

My attorney was astonished by that memo & he's contacting CIS, but here is the funniest, instead of me going to the oath ceremony today, instead I went to CIS & asked them about my oath

& that's the exact conversation that took place

ME: I was suppose to have my oath today
CIS employee: lemmme see your Green card
CIS employee: why didn't you go :eek: you've missed your oath appointment.
ME: No I didn't, because I received this notice from you guys last Friday
CIS employee: Lemme see!!!! (Long Pause)
CIS employee: Oh yea, your case is pending due to a name check!!! :D

Anyone with a smart explanation, please don't hesitate to comment.

My comments:

(1) It is beyond funny. You have more patience than I would.
(2) Left hand does not know what the right one is doing. Not the first time.
(3) You should have gone to the Ceremony. I think the prevailing thought on this forum is that if in doubt -- act asssuming best case scenario. There are numerous examples when people showed up for stuff (like FP, interviews etc) despite de-scheduling notices and were processes as if nothing happened. There are of course examples of the opposite as well. In worst case, you wasted a day. After 4 years waiting, I would think it is not that big deal.
(4) Next step, I think you need your attorney to take it up with the court, since CIS did not comply with their order.

Philly interview experience 4/26

Myself and my wife were scheduled for an interview on 4/26 at 1600 Callowhill. We were well prepared for the interview by carrying all the aditional documents after going through all the threads here.(tax document, citation payment proof etc..). She did not ask for any of these document - Only required were the green card , passport and a photo ID.

The interview process was very simpe and we came out in just about 10 minutes. The IO officer went through the application and just verified all the information in the application - and asked me if there were any changes. After that she asked 6 questions from a list she had. After that she said i was approved !

I asked when the next oath was, to which she said there is one in May (wilmington DE) which i may not get to and another in June (Newar DE) which was more likely.

Has anyone had oath ceremony in Delaware recently? I was hoping to find the schedule (similar to the one published for philly)

Timeline:
PD 1/16
FP 2/13
ID 4/26
Oath ??

My wife will have the interview in 9 days and we are from DE.
Newark would surely beat the monster ceremony that I attended in Philly.

I only took the decoments requested by the IL letter to the interview (no reason to panik here...) and I was perfectly fine. The same for at least 4 of my friends. If you are a straight case, its unlikely that they will ask for additional documentation.

Interview letter arrived finally

MichaelDE,

I just came back from China/Korea trip yesterday. My interview letter finally arrived last Wedn. What a relief. Hope you will receive IL soon.

File: 5/26/06
FP: 6/10/06
IL: 4/19/07
ID: 5/8/07
Oath: in May hopefully?

Congratulations kenttina ! I am glad to hear that your long wait for the IL finally came to an end. I hope that MichaelDE and everyone else in the same boat get their IL soon.

It's interesting that drjochen's wife and you have interviews scheduled earlier than me and I got my IL over a month ago. The fact that your PDs are way before mine may have something to do with that.

In any case all the best for your interview. I am not sure about May but you should definitely be able to make it to the June oath (if you don't make it to the May one).

-KM

Kenttina,

I actually got a letter for May 8th as well. It seems that a whole bunch of people received them: you, myself and Drjochen's wife. Incidently all from DE. And yes, my online status did not change.

Let's hope Interviews go well. And I would definetely take Wilmington for a ceremony over Philadelphia.

I checked with the Wilmington court today and found that the oath in Wilmington is scheduled first Thursday of every month. So May 3rd, June 7th and so on.

Timeline:
PD 1/16
FP 2/13
ID 4/26
Oath ??

Oath at philadelphia

Hi,

My interview was on March 29 2007 at philadelphia. I sucessfully completed my interview, and they said they will send letter for Oath Ceremony.

But it has been more then one month. I didnot receive anything. How long does it take for Oath Ceremony in Philadelphia?

Thanks in Advance

Anyone with similar timeline received interview letter?

This is my timeline:
PD: 11/29/2006
FP: 12/27/2006 in Philadelphia
IL: Waiting. Case still active online.

Have anyone with similiar timeline received IL (or has your case disappeared on line)?

One more from DE for the May 9 interview. My wife although was a week later to get her FP done and still hasn't rcvd an interview date. Hope to attend an oath ceremony in Wilmington/Newark.

I wanted to know if anyone looking to change name via N-400. I believe the officer will allow changing the application to apply for name change. Has anyone experienced this? Appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Experience from Philly Interview... 2 hour wait (I am not sure if it was just me unlucky), interview itself hardly 10 minutes.

Now the bad news is that IO told me they need to do some final background check (naturally) which takes 2-3 months. The next Oath for DE residents is June 7 which I will not make, so one after that is September 6th. Just like that - another 4 months wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
MichaelDE, Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry to hear about the name check and further delay .

I don't know what's in store for me tomorrow! I'll update my experience tomorrow.