Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

I didn't think I'd be the first one to post an update here but my case status disappeared today (yes, today. It was very much there even when I checked last night). I sure hope that is a good sign (keeping my fingers crossed though). I will let you know if and when I receive my IL.

Any news goldenrabbit, bheem2007 or anyone else with timelines similar to mine ?

- KM

kagemusha,

No updates on my side. My case status still apears as pending. Please post a message when you receive IL.

Thanks

bheem2007

RD 12/05/06
FP 01/05/07
CSD ????
IL ????

Dover updates?

Thanks Kenttina,

I have cancelled my Philadelphia INFOPASS, and will try to set up one for Dover. Even though they may not do actual interviews, perhaps I will get to speak to someone helpful, and even an Immigration Officer vs. Information Offiicer. Will let you know how it went.

MichealDE, any updates from DOver office?

Kenttina,

Nothing yet. I have a Friday appointment. Will let you know how it went.

PD June 9, 2006.

I applied in Philly center. Following are the dates. Anybody waiting for name change with similar dates? Pls post.

PD - 07/17/06
FP - 08/29/06
IL - 12/06/06
OL - Waiting (requested for name change)

--Lal.

I applied in Philly center. Following are the dates. Anybody waiting for name change with similar dates? Pls post.

PD - 07/17/06
FP - 08/29/06
IL - 12/06/06
OL - Waiting (requested for name change)

--Lal.

My time line is similar to yours with name change. I guess desidoc is also in the same boat. May be we all get at the same time!!

Update :
Guys, I have received my oath letter (N-445) today and the oath is @ 601 market street, Philadelphia. I guess all others with name change should be receiving OL's soon.

PD 8/1/2006
FP 8/31/2006
ID 1/16/2007
OD 4/26/2007

Took oath today 4/26 at Philadelphia District Court and applied for passport.

pss

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my wife had interview today. Went smooth, pretty much same experience(~10 mins) as everyone described in this forum. Dates...
PD- 07/25/06
FP- 08/29/06
First Interview Date - 01/10/07 ( Sent them letter requesting to postpone as we went to India. In the letter we mentioned that we want interview after Feb 20, '07)
Second Interview letter received on 02/08/07 for interview 03/28/07.
Did interview today, IO said oath will be in 2nd week of June.

Finally !

Well, my IL finally arrived today. The interview is on May 15. If things go well I am hoping I can make it to that June 2nd week ceremony as well or is that being too optimistic ?

- KM

I just found an Adjudicator's Field Manual (adopted for public) for those of us who does not understand why it takes USCIS so long to do anything. It provides a good insight into how government can be so inefficient and bureaucratic. Endless pages of detailed instructions for those poor IOs.

Incidentally, I think it would help some people with question about interviews etc.

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=724ce55f1a60168e48ce159d286150e2

I called 800 number yesterday and USCIS officer said that my file touched on 2/12 and expect oath letter in 30 days.

Update :
Guys, I have received my oath letter (N-445) today and the oath is @ 601 market street, Philadelphia. I guess all others with name change should be receiving OL's soon.

PD 8/1/2006
FP 8/31/2006
ID 1/16/2007
OD 4/26/2007

Any updates from Dover?

Kenttina,

Nothing yet. I have a Friday appointment. Will let you know how it went.

PD June 9, 2006.

I sent a letter to Vermont again. This time, they replied with bullshit saying my case is till in 365 days timeframe. I have to wait. No any reason why my case is delayed and what cause the delayed. I think they don't even looked up my file, they just resent me I-797C

PD 5/25/06
FP 6/10/06
IL ???????

Kenttina,

I cancelled my Infopass at Dover (something came up on Friday), and in general I cannot get exited about infopasses based on all the comments on this Forum.

Like you, I sent a letter to Vermont asking specific questions such as (1) fingerprints (2) name check (3) anything else. Let's see if they come up with the same responce that you are getting. I also sent a letter to FBI re anything they have on me. Let's see if this produces anything.

Otherwise I just starting collecting this correspondence into a file so if worst case scenario, in a year or year and a half to go WoM. I do not think there is anything else available.

Kenttina, it seems that you will hit that 365 days pretty soon unfortunately. But to me 365 days is significant not because it is on their form, but since this will be time to start talking a law suite.

My wife still hasn't heard anything. I will taka the oath tomorrow. Btw., my case status online still shows "at vermont service center"....

Hi PSS,

Which county/city you live in? I am in Montgomery/King Of Prussia and I still didn't get my oath letter. According to your date I had my interview almost month-and-half before. I was wondering whether a specific court's backlog got anything to do with this.

Appreciate your help.

Hi PSS,

Which county/city you live in? I am in Montgomery/King Of Prussia and I still didn't get my oath letter. According to your date I had my interview almost month-and-half before. I was wondering whether a specific court's backlog got anything to do with this.

Appreciate your help.

I live in Bucks county / Bensalem, hence I need to go to Philadelphia court. Bucks county doesn't have court which handles Natuarilization.. Hope u get yours soon. Does Montgomery courts handle Naturalization

I live in Bucks county / Bensalem, hence I need to go to Philadelphia court. Bucks county doesn't have court which handles Natuarilization.. Hope u get yours soon. Does Montgomery courts handle Naturalization

Hi PSS,

Thanks for the info.

I don't know whether Montgomery court handles Naturalization. Is there a way to find out?

interview Q&A

hi i am new to this form.could you guys guide me where can i find updated interview cvic questions

thanks

Kenttina,

I had an INFOPASS at Dover. Nicest IO which ever existed. They used to process N-400s but no longer.

She checked my case. It is still at VSC. Everything is clear on my case except namecheck. In her experience it takes on average 8 months from fingerprint date for the namecheck to clear. 3 months examples which we see here on forum are extreme rarity.

Natuaraly, since the namecheck is not clear, she could not give me any more info. It is up to FBI now to make a move.

If you have a chance, I would definetely recoment to take INFOPASS in Dover vs. Philadelphia. At least you will have an intelligent discussion.

The journey for me is finally over! I am a citizen of the United States of America!!!!

This is my final timeline. Good Luck to everyone in your pursuit of this great privilege of United States Citizenship. I am very very very happy!

Application Mailed: 08/05/2006

Priority Date: 08/09/2006

Fingerprint Notice Date: 08/17/2006

Fingerprint Date: 09/08/2006

Interview Letter Notice Date: 11/14/2006

Online Case Status Disappeared: 11/16/2006

Interview Letter mailed from Vermont: 11/17/2006

Interview Letter Received in Philly: 11/20/2006

Interview: 01/12/2007

Oath Letter received: 03/13/2007

Oath: 04/04/2007

Passport Application Date: 04/05/2007

Passport Received: 04/05/2007

Good Luck people. It has been a pleasure... there were stressful times but it is worth it! Again, Good Luck!!!