Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

alnera,

I would give it until the end of this month cause the oath letters are supposed to show up 2 weeks ahead of the oath date.

-KM

Folks,

Guess what? I'm in for June7. Just received a "Notification of Special Oath Ceremony" at the Clayton Hall, UD.

Do I need this? NO. I have a *name change* and the officer told me that I'll have to take an oath at a court and will have to wait till Sep for a date wit the Wilmington Court.

How do I change this without jeoparding anything? Whom should I call and what are the telephone numbers?

Thanks in advance!

MichaelDE and Kagemusha,

Well, to be honest, I am not in a big hurry! But, I guess I am closer to the end like I said unknowingly :cool:. I recieved my oath date today as Jun 7 in Newark, DE.

Sadly enough, I need a date at the Wilmington court and not in Clayton hall to complete my name change process :eek: .

COGNAC

Considering that his/her process was only 4 month, Cognac does not realize how many things can go wrong for no particular reason. Cognac, if you read even just this thread, you will find some horror stories including some people not getting their naturalization certificates even after getting through Oath Ceremony.

I wish us all good luck, but I am not opening my special bottle of Champaign just yet. To be honest, I have not even bought it yet

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife got the letter for newark also today. Its perfect, 10 min from our house and 3 months ealier than expected....

I am in June 7 too.

Everyone seems to get good news. I am in June 7 ceremony in Newark too. I received the letter today. My odeal will be finally over. It takes me exactly one year and 10 days. But I will start to apply GC for my wife right after ceremony. It is the reason why I cannot wait any longer for ceremony.

MichaelDE and Kagemusha,

Well, to be honest, I am not in a big hurry! But, I guess I am closer to the end like I said unknowingly :cool:. I recieved my oath date today as Jun 7 in Newark, DE.

Sadly enough, I need a date at the Wilmington court and not in Clayton hall to complete my name change process :eek: .

COGNAC

Cognac,

I would start with calling Philadelphia and actually trying to get your IO on the phone to make sure that you get your name change. Time is running out. You do not want to screw up the Oath Ceremony.

Everyone seems to get good news. I am in June 7 ceremony in Newark too. I received the letter today. My odeal will be finally over. It takes me exactly one year and 10 days. But I will start to apply GC for my wife right after ceremony. It is the reason why I cannot wait any longer for ceremony.

Drjochen, Kentinna,

Congratulations guys! I real happy for you. I guess USCIS would rather being conservative and then get you into for an earlier day, rather than optimistic and then disappoint (I guess it makes some kinda "USCIS-type" sense).

I did not get anything, but I will give a couple of days before getting disappointed (USPS may be irregular).

Congratulations to all of you and hope MichaelDE gets his oath letter soon. I guess I have to wait another week to see if I make it into the June 14 ceremony at Philly.

-KM

Drjochen, Kentinna,

Congratulations guys! I real happy for you. I guess USCIS would rather being conservative and then get you into for an earlier day, rather than optimistic and then disappoint (I guess it makes some kinda "USCIS-type" sense).

I did not get anything, but I will give a couple of days before getting disappointed (USPS may be irregular).

I hope you will get your letter today or tomorrow!!!!!!!

PHILADELPHIA IO contact details anybody?

Thanks MICHAELDE.

What's the number for Philadelphia? I am not able to reach National CSC (Line's busy forever!).

Should I physically go to DOVER DO instead?

COGNAC

Cognac,

I would start with calling Philadelphia and actually trying to get your IO on the phone to make sure that you get your name change. Time is running out. You do not want to screw up the Oath Ceremony.

Scheduled for June 7th Oath

We received the oath letter for June 7th for both my wife and myself. This is at the Clayton UD.

Michael - You can call them directly @ 215-255-4825 and confirm if your name is on the list.

Does anyone know if you can bring guests to the oath ceremony?
For my oath in Philly, it gave detailed instructions, but this time there is no info on the sheet.

I could connect to USCIS by calling 215-255-4825. Thanks aaav. MichaelDE please call this number to check.

The good news is that the Clayton Hall ceremony will have a Judge present and will give oath for name change cases. So, June 7 it is for me.

Sigh!

:)
COGNAC

drjochen,

Yes you can. It clearly says "Friends and Family are welcome" in the letter for Clayton Hall U of D.

COGNAC

Does anyone know if you can bring guests to the oath ceremony?
For my oath in Philly, it gave detailed instructions, but this time there is no info on the sheet.

Has anyone received their oath letter for the June 14 ceremony at Philly ? If I call the DO do you think they would tell me if my name is on the list for the oath that day ? I have no idea when the next oath might be (although you would expect a big one around Independence Day) and so I am a little anxious to get into this one (so I can finally get this over with).

-KM

We received the oath letter for June 7th for both my wife and myself. This is at the Clayton UD.

Michael - You can call them directly @ 215-255-4825 and confirm if your name is on the list.

Thanks very much for the number, aaav. I am not on the list for June 7th "yet". Lady however told me that it may still change... From what I saw on this forum, it is not entirely uncommon for people to get Oath letters last minute. We'll see.... This suspense is killing me.

Oh.. and before calling aaav's number, I called national customer service number as well (I know I should have known better by now) and it is amazing how they do not have the slightest idea of what is happening with my case... but they did advise me not to worry for 90 days though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please post it if anyone got notice for June 14 Philly Oath Ceremony!!!!!
I passed my test on May 09, was told it is possible to take my oath on June 14, but not a guarantee.

Wish all have good news for June ceremony.
VSC (Philly DO) -

ND - 11/04/06
FP - early Dec. 2006
IL RD - Late March 2007
IV - 05/09/07
OD - TBD hopefully 06/14/2007