Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

How did you arruve at this figure ?

Couple of questions ...

1. Is your PD is 12/2003 or 12/2002?
2. How did you arrive at this figure 20,000?

I was going through one of the old documents which i had stored.. and here it gives some info... These are only the Regional Cases...

Month/Year RIR TR
================================
Apr-01 11982 11502
May-01 966 180
Jun-01 1089 104
Jul-01 1213 94
Aug-01 1389 107
Sep-01 1052 92
Oct-01 1186 141
Nov-01 799 78
Dec-01 809 70
Jan-02 805 47
Feb-02 935 48
Mar-02 1352 46
Apr-02 1614 84
May-02 1942 196
Jun-02 1660 73
Jul-02 1905 88
Aug-02 1822 46
Sep-02 1836 85
Oct-02 1833 93
Nov-02 1856 71
Dec-02 2404 93
=====================
Total 40449 + 13337 = 53786
=====================
Removing Apr01 28467 1835 = 30302
====================

can you please explain....

ImmiVictim said:
Folks
My PD 12/2003 RD is 11/2003, 45 day letter recived and replied in SEP 2005, VA , RIR. I have come to know that I have 20,000 cases in front of me (to be precise) as of 02/02/2006, please bear in mind that there are many other people who are not the memeber of this form as we cannot count on the statistics that we have here due to limited number of data availability. Any ways, DOL is concentrating more on RIR cases rather than TR , and they are follwing FIFO methods , again we got confused as if DOL is doing FIFO or not because of limited amount of the people that we have here.

Unlikely

I work for a very global reputable company, our lawyers are big etc... so i know they are not lying to me.... what might be likely is that they may be communicating me a wrong priority date. Have you ever heard of anyone with similar PD? I know worst PD is April 2001 right now so I dont understand it myself either.

saknia said:
Hi

Check with your atttorney. This sounds alarming. Possible that your company already replied 45 days letter and either they are not telling you or they want
to use this for someone else. ( besides PBEC mess some has to cope with Employer playing around as well !!! These Guys has come here eastablished a Company and still donlt want leran a few things from US. This is a Pity)

If this is not the case ask your attorney to ceck with PBEC as they will attend to him since you are 2001 case

4MyWife said:
My PD is Jan 2001, I am STILL waiting... I am the very proof that no FIFO exists...

I know..this is definetly not a date to be still hanging around for your certification...not to panic you...but you asap do something ....I am wondering in the 1st place why did it even go to Backlog Center..??

Ask your attorney to call up PBEC with your ETA number....hope u have your copy of 45 day letter...

This is scaring the rest of us here with PDs in 2002 and beyond...!!

Please update us here when u hear something...

4MyWife said:
I work for a very global reputable company, our lawyers are big etc... so i know they are not lying to me.... what might be likely is that they may be communicating me a wrong priority date. Have you ever heard of anyone with similar PD? I know worst PD is April 2001 right now so I dont understand it myself either.

A question to you..

have you seen the 45 day letter..cos it mentions the PD and your name..so there will be no confusiion..If you dont have the 45 day letter..ask for a copy of it...

Also..it looks like you just got your 45 day letter like 2 months ago...So we really cant expect to hear back so soon from them...unless they try to fillow some FIFO...

but its unbelievable for a Jan 2001 case still at BEC...

Answer

I have not seen the 45 day letter but they replied to me in an email stating that... Here is more background...

I had an "approved" labor certification PD Oct 2001 but I got promoted and my salary etc went up significantly compared to initial LC filing... The lawyers said I would get rejected at INS if we filed this LC and we needed a new LC...

So they applied again in May 2004... putting me to the end of the line from NJ.... i.e. I am screwed....

Then in November 05, they told me that someone just left the firm and they had this labor certification from Jan 2001 that they can put my name on... (similar job descriptions etc) they replied the 45 day letter and they asked for name change on the application (Part B) with my job descriptions etc... When they were doing this they asked about my job experience status back in 2001 so that I would be compliant with this app... so I have every reason to believe the PD is correct....

So I am basically screwed from every angle.... Any input? :)

StressTestInUSA said:
A question to you..

have you seen the 45 day letter..cos it mentions the PD and your name..so there will be no confusiion..If you dont have the 45 day letter..ask for a copy of it...

Also..it looks like you just got your 45 day letter like 2 months ago...So we really cant expect to hear back so soon from them...unless they try to fillow some FIFO...

but its unbelievable for a Jan 2001 case still at BEC...

4MyWife said:
I have not seen the 45 day letter but they replied to me in an email stating that... Here is more background...

I had an "approved" labor certification PD Oct 2001 but I got promoted and my salary etc went up significantly compared to initial LC filing... The lawyers said I would get rejected at INS if we filed this LC and we needed a new LC...

So they applied again in May 2004... putting me to the end of the line from NJ.... i.e. I am screwed....

Then in November 05, they told me that someone just left the firm and they had this labor certification from Jan 2001 that they can put my name on... (similar job descriptions etc) they replied the 45 day letter and they asked for name change on the application (Part B) with my job descriptions etc... When they were doing this they asked about my job experience status back in 2001 so that I would be compliant with this app... so I have every reason to believe the PD is correct....

okay..now it is getting clear...

but now if your salary has gone up significantly..how can you use the Jan 2001 labor....I guess u should be somewhere close or around the 2001 Jan salary to use that labor...??

So this Jan 2001 will be a substituted kind of a labor..

Whatever it is, Jan 2001 is a very very precious PD....But still makes me wonder why a 2001 Jan PD still hanging around...Was it a nonRIR case...??
Hangon to this PD...even if you have the Oct 2001 PD..it is too a good date..trust me for a couple of years draw less salary to use the Oct 2001...you will get out of this shit soon...2004 PD's forget it..unless you r new to this country and still have the patience to go thru the pain....

Dont know..all this labor certification...retrogression...filing 140..485...hanging on to these jobs until this shit is done...is much much more than a tight rope walk...

This is the biggest mystery in life... after 140 change your jobs with EAD is the only biggest relief we can think off....Otherwise god only knows...

USCISisMockery said:
Oh my God, how arrogant and dumb people can get. What the hell PBEC and stephen were doing for past 18 months. Its fkg insane.

What I hate is how they take us for granted and play games with us. Even more troublesome is nobody (lawyer or ....) is with us. I am surprised why this stupid agency is not exposed to media.

I am surprised you have this reaction after being active member of this forum for over 2 years.. What do you expect ??

Any news of CA cases June 2002

Guys,

Any news about CA cases say around June 2002.
MY LC was applied on 06/26/2002....and still no news...

Help Needed

Can we change the existing RIR case to PERM and reatin same PD?

Guys,
Any idea abt this? My case is pending at PBEC and My PD is OCT02-RIR-VA-45Day Letter Received in Feb05 and a regional case. Can we convert this to PERM?

The reason i'm asking is b'cos I received a mail from our HR today saying that we can do this. And my company had sent this mail to all the employess. Also we are going to have audio webcast for this next week internally.

Can you guys suggest me to go for this? By the way i work for a very very big company.....

this is something I cannot believe. I also work for a very big company in Boston. And we have all the labors approved for PDs of year 2001/2002 . I am not sure why your case is NOT approved and that too RIR which should be even faster. you can verify your PD by checking with PBEC

Putup_or_GetOut said:
I am surprised you have this reaction after being active member of this forum for over 2 years.. What do you expect ??

Putup_or_getout...

how much have u put up with this shit....?? looks like u have just registered..!!

Please Comment

Skina And Street Test In U S A

When I Said In The Past That Nothing Will Happen In Pbec In Future . People Said That I Am Discourging People ....

Please Read Last 15 Mails ................ People Are Crying With Pd Prior To April 2001.

We Are Not Getting Hardly One Approval In A Month

One Guy Here Replied 45 Days Letter In December 2004
But Still No News

In My Company Alone 35 People Are With The Pd Before June 2002

Ever Since This Pbec Has Been Created We Have Seen Mess More Mess

As I Said Before I Am In Contact With Some Very Decent Attronies

Based Upon On The Current Speed Of Pbec they are of the view Nothing Will Happen At Least For Maximum Three To Four Years.

This is another bullshit that they will complete the data entry by June2006

Guys Please Suggest What We Need To Do In Order To Come Out From This Never Ending Hell.

Tanveer

Last edited by a moderator:
Perm

OK. Finally did it. Today went to my awesome attorney and gave him the good news that I decided to blow out another 2K to make a new application with PERM. It will be interesting to see which application will be cleared first.

4MyWife said:

hi, I'm not sure the details are clear:

- the jan/2001 PD was approved or not ?! if it was approved,then it should be a case of labor substitution, not "changing the name". If it was not approved, then I think when the lawyers tried to change the name, that triggered some sort of audit, so DOL definitely put your case on the 'trouble' queue. The lawyers should have waited for the labor to clear under the old name and then use it in labor subs.

- or it may be that this jan/2001 was TR, and then again it might take forever.

I don't get why, if you had an "approved" labor Oct/2001, they didn't go on with 140 and 485 ... even if you got denied, it wouldn't have mattered, because you'd just do another labor ... they didn't even try it ! your lawyers suck, sorry to say.

I would try to find out whether the Oct/2001 is still valid ... maybe they wanted to use it for SOMEBODY else, and they gave you this lame excuse that your salary was too high .. I don't buy that !

I agree and i'm with you...

Hi Tanveer, I totally agree with you...I don't think we can expect something from PBEC in near future. Even Data Entry they are saying June2006 .. which i dont think it will happen...these bastards are having fun....they don't have deadlines... any project without deadlines is not successful...

tanveer666 said:
Skina And Street Test In U S A

When I Said In The Past That Nothing Will Happen In Pbec In Future . People Said That I Am Discourging People ....

Please Read Last 15 Mails ................ People Are Crying With Pd Prior To April 2001.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Can we change the existing RIR case to PERM and reatin same PD?

Guys,
Any idea abt this? My case is pending at PBEC and My PD is OCT02-RIR-VA-45Day Letter Received in Feb05 and a regional case. Can we convert this to PERM?

The reason i'm asking is b'cos I received a mail from our HR today saying that we can do this. And my company had sent this mail to all the employess. Also we are going to have audio webcast for this next week internally.

Can you guys suggest me to go for this? By the way i work for a very very big company.....

it's hard to say. Things to consider:

- the DOL and lawyers say it's possible, but I've yet to see a single case posted here where someone did it successfully. It may be the case that it's easy but people are just scared to do it, so we really don't know.

- 2 things for sure: the new PERM case will NOT follow the regular processing like a fresh PERM case, I've read somewhere that trying to transfer the PD will trigger audit on the case, because they have to compare the 2 cases (old and new) to make sure they're identical; and if you get denied, you lose your PD.

I do think that the longer they take to process old cases, the less likely it is that we get RFE, NOF, etc ... they'll eventually approve everyone, as opposed to PERM, where you can get denied for whatever reason.

Lost the old LC

My Oct 2001 LC approval is given to another employee so I lost that one. I think the LC is owned by the company not by the employee. in deed it is person independent, but position dependent...

anyways, it is RIR... I am thinking that this probably needed to be transfered from one DOL to another or needed clarification at the state or regional level that kept it so behind the line... we will see... i am hopeful for an approval in the next 6 months...

StressTestInUSA said:
okay..now it is getting clear...

but now if your salary has gone up significantly..how can you use the Jan 2001 labor....I guess u should be somewhere close or around the 2001 Jan salary to use that labor...??

So this Jan 2001 will be a substituted kind of a labor..

Whatever it is, Jan 2001 is a very very precious PD....But still makes me wonder why a 2001 Jan PD still hanging around...Was it a nonRIR case...??
Hangon to this PD...even if you have the Oct 2001 PD..it is too a good date..trust me for a couple of years draw less salary to use the Oct 2001...you will get out of this shit soon...2004 PD's forget it..unless you r new to this country and still have the patience to go thru the pain....

Dont know..all this labor certification...retrogression...filing 140..485...hanging on to these jobs until this shit is done...is much much more than a tight rope walk...

This is the biggest mystery in life... after 140 change your jobs with EAD is the only biggest relief we can think off....Otherwise god only knows...

awe....formyWife....!!

Oct2001 PD is so so good....I am sure your company did some 'golmaaal' with your LC...also u mean Qct2001 was approved...!! u shud have said to go ahead with 140 atleast...during 485 stage u wud have seen then...Anyway..what is over is over...

now checkout if this Jan2001 is RIR or TR kind of LC applied....If it is TR...it might come in when we r retiring....If it is RIR u r saved by the skin...

Thats why I say...we can discuss these sorts of problems in this forum,....anyway PBECis not doing anyrthing great to rejoice here...atleast we will know and help each other in our own way....these attorneys r the dumbest guys...we will get screwed big time if we leave thing to their hands...

Perm Faq Doc

Here is the document which we received from our HR regarding conversion o existing case without loosing PD...

cantstandit said:
it's hard to say. Things to consider:

- the DOL and lawyers say it's possible, but I've yet to see a single case posted here where someone did it successfully. It may be the case that it's easy but people are just scared to do it, so we really don't know.