PERM Tracker - Chicago

latest updates attached.
Avithani
You need to have signed on the PERM application...so yes...you have the right to ask for a copy of the PERM application.

Refiling in PERM after amendment of old LC

Refiling or Conversion in PERM by amending the job requirement/ minimum requirment in the old BEC application.

Please post if you have refiled after amending the old BEC application and how long to wait for refiling after requesting amendment at BEC or can the PERM be refiled while attaching documentation of amendments without waiting for confirmation from BEC on amendment. Thanks.

August Case approved

Finally after a long time got approved.
Computer Programmer/Analyst, BS + 6yrs exp. No hard copy yet, we have applyed as Eb2, but not sure, we will only know it the copy of the approval.

Updated Chicago Tracker

Updated with my info
Applied 08/26
Status - Still in prgress from Day one

Applied on 08/03/2005 and inprocess with in two to three days and then no change till its approved. I think its approved in Dec last week or Jan first week. Not sure of the inprocess/approved dates.

chaukas said:
Can you please let me know when you applied and when you received the In Process status .

Certified!!!

Didn't know it would be this quick . Just posted this morning about no results .
Certified status received today . In Process since July 28, 2005 .

Finally!

Hey guys, I got certified today, applied on Aug 23rd, certified Jan 9th. EB3.

Good luck you all!

I am waiting from 19th Aug 05 in Perm and a 2000 case (from different company) pending in Dallas BEC. Attorney tells me that there is no way he can enquire about either of the cases. he advised me to contact local congressman.
Does anyone knows any way to enquire about the status / delay of the case

UPdated spreadsheet uploaded.
Nitinag,
What your attorney is saying is not correct. He can check your case status online and so can your HR contact person

My attorney also told me the same thing about case inquiry. They can obviously check the status online but there is no way to contact DOL to inquire about specifics of a case. It is only one way interaction. There is no phone number or e-mail for attorneys to contact. By the way, I waited for 5 months to get audit request from them (July 18- Dec 9) so your PERM wait is not unusual.

if you get audited the officer's name is on the audit letter. Then you can call, ask for the person and inquire about your case....

lambda said:
My attorney also told me the same thing about case inquiry. They can obviously check the status online but there is no way to contact DOL to inquire about specifics of a case. It is only one way interaction. There is no phone number or e-mail for attorneys to contact. By the way, I waited for 5 months to get audit request from them (July 18- Dec 9) so your PERM wait is not unusual.

I had my attroney ping DOL today and this is what they received:

"Your case is still in process and official notification will be forthcoming.

Applications are processed in the order they are received. However, because each application is unique, processing times may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the case.

Sincerely,
Chicago National Processing Center"

I would doubt that this helps much, but at the least it gives them a nudge and reminds them of a pending case

My 7/5/05 PERM case was certified

Lawyer just notified me that my PERM case was just certified. I don't know the exact date, but should be this week or last week. Haven't received it in mail yet. Just the website shows it's certified.

My case was submitted on 7/5/05, the first submition was denied within 20 minutes so the lawyer submitted the identical case again. Several weeks ago my HR received a letter with the denial reason of the first case - wrong reason of course. Lawyer suggested we do nothing, wait for the result for 2nd case and go from there.

My case was for DBA title, require MS + 6 month experience.

Good luck to you all. Seems Chicago center is moving a little on old cases.

I hope I will get something soon , Looks like alot of July/Aug cases approved recently.

Creative10,
I check the case online myself (I have a account) , what I meant was for idividual case status enquiry. This is specially true of DBEC . There is a general email address which gives a general reply , Phones are sent to same recording. I guess they don't want to get disturbed (while not working)

lambda said:

another one certified

My colleague got certified today. His case was also filed in September in Chicago.
Good luck everyone.