PERM Tracker - Chicago

I have updated the spreadsheet with the info provided. Wherever possible, please mention your EB category as well as the job title you have applied for, along with degree+years of experience. From the spreadsheet it looks like its the Septemeber cases that are really crying out for attention.

Congrats Jason

Nice to hear people from September getting certified. Hopefully September cases will continue with the approvals.

To All, please give your support at http://immigrationvoice.org

Dear Friends,

Join and Support the fight against retrogression at

http://immigrationvoice.org

Lot of activities are going on to fight against EB retrogression.

The team is working with a professional lobbyist and we won't fail this time.

We will win the fight.We need everyone's support.

Some of the benefits:
Filing I-485 even if priority date is not current. Doing so would entitle us for an EAD that would give us flexibility for job opportunities.
Increasing the annual Green Card quota.
Eliminating/Reducing retrogression by recapturing unused visas and removing dependents from numerical visa limits.

Good luck.

Inquiry

My wife's attorney sent an inquiry to Chicago center. That's what she got:
"This case is in process, and official notification will be forthcoming."

Hers was applied EB2 on Sep 19th.

Did your attroney try calling DOL via phone? Looks like some folk here did it via phone and the case did move then.

Inquiry

Creative, this is exactly attorney's e-mail:

This is the update from the Department of Labor Chicago Processing Center:

"This case is in process, and official notification will be forthcoming."

We should not try to push them, as they are within their rights to still be processing it. We would not want to push them into a denial. Let us stay tuned for a while longer.

So I think she wants to wait a little bit more.

Question on PERM

:confused: I am not sure if this is the right thread to post. My husband's company is planning on processing his GC thro' PERM process. I heard that the old process is discontinued. I had gotten my GC thro the old process(before we got married). Can somebody explain me how long it would generally take to get the GC thro' PERM and what is the denial rate?

Again sorry if I have posted in the wrong forum. :eek:

PERM appiled on 2nd sept

Can u please add me in the list for Chicago

PERM : 2nd Sept 2005
EB3
BS with 5.5 years of experince

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam
Please specify the EB category it was filed under and the position...I will add you to the thread.

Vanlilly
The new PERM process is actually faster than the older one, but with the caveat that it depends on where the case is filed. Western US cases end upin Chicago and Eastern end up in Atlanta. Chicago can be really slow, but if everything is good with the application, it can expect to be certified in 30-60 days. If not, Chicago has the reputation of delaying way out and Atlanta may go all the way upto 90 days...but this does not include the recruiting and advertising time, which could be a couple of months

PERM hardcopy

My lawyer received the hardcopy today (after 9 business days).

Interestingly we had contacted Chicago processing center earlier to ask about the hardcopy status. Here's what they wrote (I hope it helps):

If you have not received your certified Form ETA 9089, please wait at least 15 business days before assuming the certification is lost in the mail. If you have not received your certification after 15 business days, or if you are requesting a replacement certification for any other reason, please follow the procedures for requesting a duplicate certification described in 20 CFR 656.30(e). The duplicate certification cannot be sent to you; it can only be issued to a Consulate (Consular Officer) or US Citizenship and Immigration office (Immigration Officer) and only after a visa application or petition has been filed and the tracking number has been assigned. Please continue processing your case through Immigration in order to obtain a tracking number. If you already have filed a visa application and been assigned a tracking number, you may request a duplicate certification by following the procedures described in 20 CFR 656.30(e)(2). Please direct any request for a duplicate certification to plc.chicago@dol.gov , and indicate in the subject line that you are requesting a duplicate.

Sincerely,

Chicago National Processing Center

It is taking forever

167 days and counting... The lawyer is sending an inquiry to DOL through AILA liaison. We'll see... :confused:

gettingourgc said:
Mine was filed under EB2 on Nov 22nd in Chicago. How long its taking in Chicago.

EB2 with Business Necessity (MS + 1yr exp)
07/18/05 PERM Filed at Chicago center
12/09/05 PERM Audit Request
01/05/06 PERM Audit Response Filed

PERM certified, filed 9/12/2005

Good news, today my PERM labor got certified. Filed on 9/12/2005, EB2.

Certified 1/6/2006.

No audit, In process from day 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
GC_GoneCase said:
Good news, today my PERM labor got certified. Filed on 9/12/2005, EB2.

Certified 1/6/2006.

No audit, In process from day 1.

congrats GC_GoneCase :D :D , Pray for me :( :mad:

Great news GC_Gonecase! Your approval moves the September approvals to 62%. Updated spreadsheet attached. Have fun in the I-140 forum

December applications

Hi,
My PERM has been applied on Dec 14, 2005. Can someone please update the tracker with this info?

EB2, Masters + 2yrs., Mechanical Engineer
Status is 'In Process' as of 1/6/06.

Question: Does the beneficiary have a legal right to have a copy of the full PERM application?

Regards,
AV