PERM Tracker - Chicago

Victoria97

Registered Users (C)
I was browsing through the threads for Chicago PERM tracker but couldn't find one. There's one that tracks Atlanta and another one that does both Atlanta and Chicago.

I am starting this thread for Chicago PERM only. I tried to put together a list of the IDs from Chicago center I see only 7 'certified' out of 39. Very poor performance in deed compared to Atlanta!!!! Haven't seen any recent 'certified' from Chicago either!!!!!

Anyway, please update your info. This would help to find out the trend of Chicago center and that would benefit both who have already filed and people who are preparing to file in future (I would be one of them).

Last edited by a moderator:
Victoria97,

The reason there was no specific thread for Chicago Tracker yet, is because Chicago PLC is hopeless, and tracking will do nothing rather than discouraging everyone

Thanks,
Deshu77
Filed: 06/01/05 - Requested Withdrawal 09/15/05
ReFiled: 09/15/05 - IP

F.Y.I

If this helps...

Another person from my company got approved last Friday (09/23), from Chicago
His case was filed on 07/06. EB-3 IT related.

Still there is no sign of any update on two cases filed 06/01 (incl. mine)

Thanks,
Deshu77

mine was applied on
09/08/2005 Chicago EB2 SOFTWARE .Lc is pending in BEC RIR

which case goes to Chicago?

I am in adv mode right now in PERM, my comp is in OH, will my case go to Chicago? Can I make it to go to Atlanta? Which cases go to Chicago?

Thanks,

makaman said:
mine was applied on
09/08/2005 Chicago EB2 SOFTWARE .Lc is pending in BEC RIR

PERM APPROVED in 40 days

EB2 with Business Necessity (MS + 1yr exp)
08/24/05 PERM Filed at Chicago center
09/28/05 PERM certified
09/29/05 I-140/I-485 filed
09/30/05 PERM hardcopy received

filed Chicago PERM yesterday

How do I edit and save the excel sheet on the first post?

EB2 (MS + 3 yr exp) - Mech. Engineer
09/29/05: PERM Filed at Chicago center
09/30/05: In Process

nhusson

applied on Jun 15th
AR Jun 16th
FR Jun 24h
IP Jul 28th

EB2 with Biz necessity

--------------------------

I have a colleague:
applied on Jun 23th
FR Ju 24h
IP Jul 28th

EB2 without Biz necessity

What do these mean?

On the spreadsheet tracker, what do these columns mean?

AR
FR
IP
EB2/EB3

I'm in the job advertisement process. The PERM application (to DOL) is filed at least 30 days after the advertisement is complete? Is that right?

Thanks
Power856Ranger

Thanks to all of you for postng your latest info. I'll update the xcel file tomorrow and post the new one.

deshu77, I totally agree with you. Chicago center performance is not really that encouraging!!!

AR: Audit Review
FR: Final Review
IP: In Process

These are the different possible status of your application assigned by DOL.

Victoria97 said:
Thanks to all of you for postng your latest info. I'll update the xcel file tomorrow and post the new one.

deshu77, I totally agree with you. Chicago center performance is not really that encouraging!!!

AR: Audit Review
FR: Final Review
IP: In Process

These are the different possible status of your application assigned by DOL.
I think Chicago PLC is designed to be crawling from day one.
First you got all stupid Officials out there who can't even interpret simple rules written in English, (have a connecting flight at any of Chicago airport and you will understand what I mean..).
Second, Atlanta PLC is processing for 24 States, where as Chicago PLC is processing for 30 States, including Texas, Arizona & California, where bulk of the (il)legal immigrants are residing, in que for PR

Well thats my observations, you do the math.

I think I agree with you for the most part and understand your frustration. But please do not use any racial slur on this forum.

deshu77 said:
I think Chicago PLC is designed to be crawling from day one.
First you got all stupid Negros out there who can't even interpret simple rules written in English, (have a connecting flight at any of Chicago airport and you will understand what I mean..).
Second, Atlanta PLC is processing for 24 States, where as Chicago PLC is processing for 30 States, including Texas, Arizona & California, where bulk of the (il)legal immigrants are residing, in que for PR

Well thats my observations, you do the math.

Hi All,

I would be pleased to have you suggestion/comments on my case, happend to have filed for PERM by my employer some time in April 2006. Since I work in CA and the law firm is at SFO I would presume its being processed in Chicago, it had come up with some clarification in late august and my employer mentioned it had to do with a job posting on a government web site.

With great reluctance I managed to get my online status from my employer, here is what was mailed to me.

ETA Case Number:
Employer Name:
Case Status: Incomplete

When you check your online status is this the information that's available? just need to make sure I am not exploited for a rejected case as I am paying up monthly installments to the law firm. Is there option for me to check my status with the ETA case number? Employer has declined share user account as he feels it might reveal confidential information about his consulting company.

Any response would be greatly appreciated, sleepless in LA.

Thanks,

yes that's all you can see on the website: Case #, Date Filed and Status

but Incomplete looks kind of suspicious to me (said it was filed in April right?)...Incomplete means it hasn't been filed yet!!

I know what it means...

@#$% attorney has not finished your PERM application, it is still incomplete meaning unless you pay him all his fees, he is not going to push submit button. It is a story that happened to one of the people I know. Very shrewd attorney, please pay him all the money so that appln is sent!!!

tubby said:
Hi All,

I would be pleased to have you suggestion/comments on my case, happend to have filed for PERM by my employer some time in April 2006. Since I work in CA and the law firm is at SFO I would presume its being processed in Chicago, it had come up with some clarification in late august and my employer mentioned it had to do with a job posting on a government web site.

With great reluctance I managed to get my online status from my employer, here is what was mailed to me.

ETA Case Number:
Employer Name:
Case Status: Incomplete

When you check your online status is this the information that's available? just need to make sure I am not exploited for a rejected case as I am paying up monthly installments to the law firm. Is there option for me to check my status with the ETA case number? Employer has declined share user account as he feels it might reveal confidential information about his consulting company.

Any response would be greatly appreciated, sleepless in LA.

Thanks,